Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:24   #31
kkg
BHPian

Not only the Beat, the Spark nos are at one of their lowest this year. I suspect some production constraints or something. The numbers for both of these are atleast 1/3 short of their previous month. But, the old work horse Tavera along with Cruze and Captiva has helped Chevy post some good numbers altogether.

Regarding the Figo, it is just amazing to see the numbers month after month.

BTW Nano at 9000 units is no NANO achievement either.
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
This is my guess.

Figo: 7000
Fiesta: 1100
Endy: 300
Ikon: 400
300 Endeavours in a single month? Thats a LOT, dude! Must be 30!
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:56   #33
BHPian

The fall in Beat's numbers was expected.

The initial euphoria surrounding the car helped GM drive up sales. However, as far as i know, they are yet to launch the diesel model.

I think its the correct time to as petrol Beat seems to have lost his charm after a successful start.

It would be interesting to compare the number of beats sold with petrol figos.
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, Beat has got real beating from Ford I guess. GM should realize the power of Diesel. Not just for the power of machine, but also the power of sales figure. Did a blunder mistake of lauching only the Petrol variant. And add to that the deregularizing of Petrol too added petrol to the fire!!!

Wish they had agreement for the 1.3MJD of Fiat. They badly need a power train below 2L.

Btw, the Captiva figure is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Probably he guessed the Endy numbers seeing the Captiva figure?

Last edited by mjothi : 2nd August 2010 at 21:11.
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:13   #35
BHPian

I guess this chart says it all. ANHC has certaily been the bread for Honda. What is intresting is the constant sales of Accord. (Data collected from Nov'08 - Jul'10)
Attached Thumbnails
July 2010 sales figures-chart.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2010, 21:40   #36
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes Benz India has issued a press release stating that July 2010 was its best ever month since the time it entered India 15 years ago. The German car manufacturer sold no less than 521 vehicles in India in July 2010, beating arch rival BMW by some margin.

The best selling Mercedes cars is the E-Class with 212 units. Mercedes was also able to sell 62 SUVs (GL and M-Class) last month which is a giant leap over what they managed to do last year (sold 140 units the whole of 2009).

Source: Indian Autos Blog | Indian Automobile Blog | India Car News | India Bike News | Test Drives
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Wish they had agreement for the 1.3MJD of Fiat. They badly need a power train below 2L.
GM already have license to use mJTD, through vauxhall and saab.
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmol2k4 View Post
GM already have license to use mJTD, through vauxhall and saab.
Yup. But not for the lower cc engines. I heard they have only for the 1.9 + engines.

And if they had, I am sure beat would have already come with that.
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Well, I hope it was nice under the rock. The Endy has been selling between 200-300 units a month since the Fortuner launch. It was 220 or so last month. It used to be even higher before the Fortuner was launched. Take a look at the model wise breakdown excel in the other threads.
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Not only the Beat, the Spark nos are at one of their lowest this year. I suspect some production constraints or something.
Looks like there is some. My colleage and friend booked 2 Cruze around a month back. Delivery was promised in 4 weeks but it looks like it is going to take another two more weeks atleast. When enquired dealer said there is some issue, dont know what.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Oh, it is very disappointing to see BEAT sales numbers. I think it is mainly due to its design and marketing. Aggressively styled product and promotions which targetted mainly youths (eg. heart beat/Levis campaign). It failed to attract family buyers.

You need to relate to family/Ghar if you want to sell your products big numbers in India :-))

Kudos to Maruti and Tata for their impressive numbers!
Bud, if your analogy is correct than Swift wont be selling the numbers it sells as it was never sold as a family car.... By your logic Ritz *being the family car* should do more numbers than Swift *so called young at heart* which has less space and appeals less to the family buyer. But Swift even in its end of life for this model outsells Ritz....

The fact of the matter is Beat is not a complete product. Its high on style qouteint and everything ends there. The space is seriously cramped inside, the front seat (drivers) is too low to get a comfortable driving position, the engine (petrol only) is below par for the segment when compared to Kappa and K series motors.

The Figo is doing the numbers is doing only for 3 reasons:
1) Cheap
2) Big
3) Diesel
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
The Figo is doing the numbers is doing only for 3 reasons:
1) Cheap
2) Big
3) Diesel
4. handles well
5. nice ride
6. better build
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_gaur69 View Post
what happens when ETIOS sedan, VW Vento are launched ? City sales might be impacted. they are down around 3.5% YOY.
FYI Etios might fill the gap between Dzire, Manza and SX4. Yes Vento seems to be a real THREAT for the ANHC. If VW prices it well and doesnt have wait period it should eat a big pie of ANHC sales. Honda should be worried, Civic sales will be dented more with Altis diesel, Jazz is not crossing 1000 mark, Accord is getting beaten by Superb. Only ANHC is left and Vento finally seems to be a proper City competitor after SX4( which managed it a bit).
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Yup. But not for the lower cc engines. I heard they have only for the 1.9 + engines.

And if they had, I am sure beat would have already come with that.
Nope, they have both 1.9 and 1.3. Vauxhall 1.3 "cdti"(MultiJet) is found in corsa, meriva and astra.
Old 3rd August 2010, 01:19   #45
BHPian

Mahindra’s auto sales register 24% growth in July 2010

Logan sales grow by 69%

Mumbai, August 2, 2010: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), a part of the US $7.1 billion Mahindra Group, today announced that its auto sales for July 2010 stood at 28049 units as against 22563 units during July 2009, an increase of 24.3%.

The company’s domestic sales stand at 26303 units during July 2010, as against 21957 units in July 2009, an increase of 20%. Exports have grown by 188% during the same period.

The 3W-Gio-Maxximo ranges of products have registered a phenomenal growth of 105% over the same period last year.

The sales of the company’s sedan, the Logan, have also seen an upward trend with volume increasing for the 3rd consecutive month – and with a number of 752 units in July 2010 as against 444 units during July 2009, a growth of 69%.

The YTD sales which include the Scorpio, Xylo, Bolero and Pick-Ups, stand at 110142 units during July 2010, as against 85432 units in July 2009, a growth of 29%.

Last edited by Sush : 3rd August 2010 at 01:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed