Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 19:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Yes, for that, they have to come out with ads like Toyota is doing several months prior to the Etios launch and back it up with concrete actions on the ground.
Agree to this, whats more funny about the Toyota's marketing for Etios is the fact they they dont show the car at all in the ads and program sponsorships.
One only sees them telling program sponsor is Etios but dont show the car, albeit, it would become negative marketing (pun intended) for its mediocre looks.
Old 6th August 2010, 03:45   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Yup. But not for the lower cc engines. I heard they have only for the 1.9 + engines.

And if they had, I am sure beat would have already come with that.

Vauxhall does have 1.3L FIAT engine on their Corsa and Aglia (re-badged splash), Vauxhall calls it CDTI
Old 6th August 2010, 11:14   #78
BHPian

It's already 6th of the month folks. Where is the detailed excel which we all are used to by now. Bring it on, so many numbers to look at.
Old 7th August 2010, 08:50   #79
BHPian

Ok. I might be a little late. But here it comes.

July 2010 sales figures-picture1.jpg
Old 7th August 2010, 09:59   #80
Senior - BHPian

^^Thanks for the sales chart!
Polo=2178
The sales are increasing every month! At this rate, it should achieve i20 like figures by next year!

Last edited by theragingbull : 7th August 2010 at 10:01.
Old 7th August 2010, 11:01   #81
Senior - BHPian

Mitsu is finally catching up, or it seems so. 98 Cedias and 152 Outlanders!. I only wonder if Mitsu breaks away from HM and goes on its own, what it could do!
Old 7th August 2010, 11:09   #82

The Marutis are still dominating the major segments, but its good to see Ford Figo coming up.
Old 7th August 2010, 11:37   #83
Senior - BHPian

I am hoping that Mitsubishi guys lauch a diesel version of the outlander. I would be totally worth it and write off the competition!

PS: Except the Fortuner
Old 7th August 2010, 12:24   #84
oss
BHPian

Thanks Karpusv

Amazing numbers in the Premium hatch back segment. Expecting the action to spread to the C-segment with the launch of Vento & Etios.

Fiesta numbers reflect the 2nd shift commencement in Ford. Marginal increase in Figo as well. I20 is continuing is dream run still managing the increase the month on month numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I am hoping that Mitsubishi guys lauch a diesel version of the outlander. I would be totally worth it and write off the competition!
Mitsu did a costly mistake in not launching the diesel versions of Outlander & Cedia. Hope to see them launching Lancer Ex in diesel. They confirmed that the ASX will come in 1.8 diesel, but that is only a 5 seater. Wonder what stops them from putting that engine in Outlander as well.

Last edited by oss : 7th August 2010 at 12:25.
Old 7th August 2010, 12:26   #85
BHPian

Thanks Karpusv. The numbers look very good. Nano is surging ahead with 9000 nos. Impressive. But the real suge is Alto at 27K. This may be because of the Alto K10 launch. Wagon R has bounced up significantly. Clearly indicates the effect of the weekly shutdown in June. Swift is the leader in the b+ segment. But Figo and i20 sales are really impressive. Indica seems to have been affected by Figo big time. Fiat Punto is again disappointing 90BHP introduction notwithstanding.

The sedan market seems to be seeing lot of action. Hyundai has really bounced back with the launch of Verna transform bringing in 2.2k sales. Very good. Dzire is back to where it was. Sx4 sales is also good nearly 1.9K with just petrol.
In the C+ segment, Altis has bounced back to its no 1 position. Cruze is the next best. All in all the market seems to be just surging significantly.
Old 7th August 2010, 12:34   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mitsu did a costly mistake in not launching the diesel versions of Outlander & Cedia. Hope to see them launching Lancer Ex in diesel. They confirmed that the ASX will come in 1.8 diesel, but that is only a 5 seater. Wonder what stops them from putting that engine in Outlander as well.
ASX's competition is also 5 seater - Grand Vitara on the lower side and CRV, Xtrail on the higher side. Best is to plonk a diesel engine in outlander as well so they would cover a broad spectrum (16 lakhs to 24 lakhs price band). That's where the real fight is.

However, Endeavour, Captiva are 7 seaters.
Old 7th August 2010, 12:45   #87
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
ASX's competition is also 5 seater - Grand Vitara on the lower side and CRV, Xtrail on the higher side. Best is to plonk a diesel engine in outlander as well so they would cover a broad spectrum (16 lakhs to 24 lakhs price band). That's where the real fight is.
Absolutely. I too think they should bring the 1.8 DiD in Outlander and in ASX whenever it gets launched. Outlander is such a nice car, loosing out because of a lack of diesel heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post

In the C+ segment, Altis has bounced back to its no 1 position. Cruze is the next best. All in all the market seems to be just surging significantly.
And the Laura has beaten Civic, with Jetta about to follow suit

Logan is the biggest turn around story of July.

Last edited by oss : 7th August 2010 at 12:47.
Old 7th August 2010, 12:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

My god, Whats up with the Marutis? Great numbers for Alto and Wagon. I was expecting Figo to be much better than i20.
Old 7th August 2010, 13:07   #89
Senior - BHPian

Actually, I was wondering if the TV ads are doing something for Logan? I feel, if Mahindra's sell even 1000 units of the car every month, they would be happy with it. Use the platform for something else - Less boxy and more curvey!
Old 7th August 2010, 14:24   #90
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Karpusv.

Interesting figures this month.

Wagon R doing nearly 13k.(great going)
Figo close to 7k (Ford still need to bridge the demand/supply gap)
Micra close to 1k ( Watch this next month)
D'zire still going strong with 8.5k (despite delivery constraints)
Swift going strong with 12k.
Superb leading the segment with 400 units.( Honda guys listening)
EECO going decent with 5.8k (not much of them seen in Hyderabad )
Innova still leading the segment with 4.8k
Fortuner crossing 1k, probably for the first time.(long waiting period though)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks