Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Sales India

Quote:

NEW DELHI: General Motors India today reported total sales of 7,124 units for July, up 45 per cent from that in the same month last year.

The July sales comprised
  • 2,244 units of the Chevrolet Spark,
  • 1,722 units of Chevrolet Beat,
  • 1,546 units of the Chevrolet Tavera,
  • 639 units of the sedan Chevrolet Cruze,
  • 375 units of Chevrolet Aveo,
  • 240 units of Chevrolet Aveo U-VA,
  • 225 units of SUV Chevrolet Captiva
  • 133 units of mid sized sedan Chevrolet Optra, it added.
"The increase in the sales was primarily driven by the response to Chevrolet Beat, Cruze and Spark," it said.

Commenting on the July performance, GM India P Balendran, Vice-President, said, "There were some delivery constraints for certain models in July due to annual maintenance shutdown of the plant. With the operation back to normal, we should be able to clear the backlog this month."
Nissan Motor India Private Limited

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Nissan Motor India Pvt Ltd (NMIPL) today said it has registered total sales of 1,005 units in July 2010, with its newly-launched compact car Micra clocking 928 units.
  • The company had started nationwide sales of the Micra on July 15 and has sold 928 units, NMIPL said in a statement.
  • Nissan Teana, the luxury sedan (CBU) clocked 27 units
  • SUV Nissan X-trail registered sales of 50 units, it said.
In the same month last year the company sold a total of 25 units only, with the Teana accounting 17 units and X-trail eight units.

The Micra, which was opened for bookings prior to its launch in July, has till date received more than 3000 bookings, the company said.

Commenting on the July sales, NMIPL managing Director and CEO Kiminobu Tokuyama said: "This is just the beginning. However, we are happy and delighted at the initial response the Nissan Micra has received from the Indian customers."
Hyundai Motor India Limited

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Hyundai Motor India Ltd on Monday reported a 24.2% growth in domestic sales over the same month last year.

HMIL's total sales for July, 2010 stood at 50,411 units as against 45,539 units in July, 2009 registering a 10.7% cumulative growth over the same period last year. The domestic sales accounted for 28,811 units as against 23,193 units in July, 2009 while the exports declined by 3.3% from 22,346 units in July, 2009 to 21,600 units in July, 2010.

Commenting on July, 2010 sales, Arvind Saxena, Director - Marketing and Sales, HMIL said, “The recently launched Verna Transform along with the tried and trusted Accent helped us consolidate our position in the mid segment. The increased demand clearly shows that the recently launched Verna Transform has been well received by our customers. The market continues to be positive and in the next quarter we expect the trend to continue with the onset of the festive season”.

The segment-wise cumulative sales for the month of July, 2010 are as follows:
  • A2 segment (Santro, i10 & i20) 44,522 units;
  • A3 Segment (Accent & Verna) 5,858 units;
  • A5 segment (Sonata Transform) 31 units.
Ford India

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Car-maker Ford India today reported a four-fold increase in sales to 8,739 units in July, 2010, compared to 2,146 units in the same period last year.

"The sales boom is driven by overwhelming consumer demand for the new Ford Figo," the company said in a statement.

Since its launch in March, the company has received 29,000 bookings for Figo so far.

Ford sold 46,751 vehicles during the January-July, 2010, period.
all information from economic times.

Last edited by sidindica : 2nd August 2010 at 13:56.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Any info on VW Polo sales?
I believe Fiat should be compared with VW as both don't offer anything below the premium hatchback segment(e.g. something similar to Alto, Santro etc in the range of 3Lacs). Palio Stile is an altogether different thing and its sales might fail to hit the "afterburner" because of the history of Palio's performance in India.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:32   #18
BHPian

Fiat figures are of concern, especially to enthus who are looking forward to high performance Puntos /Lineas in future. Typical Fiat inconsistent sales/***. Hope this is addressed soon.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:21   #19
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Chevrolet Sales India

Nissan Motor India Private Limited

Hyundai Motor India Limited

Ford India

all information from economic times.
Beat has settled into the sub 2K mark, does not look like its selling as per expectations. I assume they wanted to hit i-10 and Ritz sales, which has not happened at all. Even though sales of GM overall are higher, it does not reflect the success of Beat esp, though Spark is doing decent enough numbers.
Cruze is a runaway hit for sure, till Altis D which is when the acid test for this winner from Chevy stables.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Beat has settled into the sub 2K mark, does not look like its selling as per expectations. I assume they wanted to hit i-10 and Ritz sales, which has not happened at all. Even though sales of GM overall are higher, it does not reflect the success of Beat esp, though Spark is doing decent enough numbers.
Cruze is a runaway hit for sure, till Altis D which is when the acid test for this winner from Chevy stables.

Omnious signs there if GM can't correct their "Marketing" approach to this market. Sad to see decline of such a wonderful product in Beat.

Woohoo to Maruti and Tata....Very impressive numbers indeed.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:31   #21
BHPian

mkh, I totally agree. BEAT was targeted at i10 & Rtiz! but their sales is just not convincing at all.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Ford India
Any idea about the break up of the unit sold by Ford. I know Figo is now the torch bearer for Ford how about other models the Fiestas, Ikons, Endy's.
Is Ford actually pampering Figo at the cost of other models? If so they need to relook at their strategy coz until Figo came along, the Fiesta and Ikon were its bread & butter.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:10   #23
BHPian

Ghodlur@ what is there to pamper! If Fiesta sales go down, it is not becos Ford is not pushing! Do you mean to say the sales guys are pushing Figo to a potential Fiesta customer? In fact, I see less Figo ads in newsprint in Chennai than those umpteen limited edition Fiesta ads!!
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:20   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat month on month has actually increased from 21xx units in June 2010 to 23xx units in July 2010 which is about 8-9% increase. With the launch of the VGT Punto and the upcoming Linea T-jet, the numbers will definitely increase, but what one needs to watch is the magnitude of increase.

On Toyota, very keen on knowing the numbers of Altis and the Fortuner.

The beat sales are taking a beating for sure. Overall numbers for GM looks good.

Hyundai as usual doing good numbers.

Maruti - The SX4 and the Dzire has now touched the 10K mark. The A2 segment also has increased by 33%. Now is this the inventoy pile up before the festive season?

TATA - Indica range seeing a downfall, not sure as to what has triggered this. They have anyways launched the drivetech4 range for the Vista. Indigo range doing good numbers and reasonable numbers from the UV segments as well.
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:00   #25
BHPian

Beat's poor sales is a disappointment to me. It is a very good car but has met with poor response. The Micra has managed 928. Good numbers. I'mw aiting for that pdf/excel sheet for the detailed figures.
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ford outsells GM with just 4 models in its arsenal compared to GM's 8. Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Any idea about the break up of the unit sold by Ford. I know Figo is now the torch bearer for Ford how about other models the Fiestas, Ikons, Endy's.
Is Ford actually pampering Figo at the cost of other models? If so they need to relook at their strategy coz until Figo came along, the Fiesta and Ikon were its bread & butter.
This is my guess.

Figo: 7000
Fiesta: 1100
Endy: 300
Ikon: 400

And why would Ford relook their strategy? Fiesta and Ikon are pretty much at the end of their lifecycle and their sales are bound to decrease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Ghodlur@ what is there to pamper! If Fiesta sales go down, it is not becos Ford is not pushing! Do you mean to say the sales guys are pushing Figo to a potential Fiesta customer? In fact, I see less Figo ads in newsprint in Chennai than those umpteen limited edition Fiesta ads!!
There was a production constraint on the Fiesta for a couple of months, but looks lke it was partially sorted out in July.

Last edited by Gilead : 2nd August 2010 at 17:33.
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Oh, it is very disappointing to see BEAT sales numbers. I think it is mainly due to its design and marketing. Aggressively styled product and promotions which targetted mainly youths (eg. heart beat/Levis campaign). It failed to attract family buyers.

You need to relate to family/Ghar if you want to sell your products big numbers in India :-))

Kudos to Maruti and Tata for their impressive numbers!

Last edited by Latheesh : 2nd August 2010 at 18:11.
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:34   #28
BHPian

Looks like Figo's impact is most telling on Beat numbers. Figo has not dealt so much of a blow to the holy trinity (maruti, tata, hyundai) as it did to Chevy.

But still, I for one, am very disappointed to see Beat numbers. Less than 2000!!! unbelievable.
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:41   #29
BHPian

Honda

HSCI sells 4,685 units in July 2010
(Monday, August 02, 2010,New Delhi)

New Delhi, August 2, 2010: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd, leading manufacturer of Premium Cars in India reported sales of 4,685 units in the month of July’10 as against 4,595 units sold in June’10 translating into a growth of 2%.

The company had sold 4,857 units in the corresponding month last year.

Model wise break-up: Jazz: 514; City: 3565; Civic: 371; Accord: 192; CRV:43

Honda Car India : Press Releases
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Honda

HSCI sells 4,685 units in July 2010
(Monday, August 02, 2010,New Delhi)

New Delhi, August 2, 2010: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd, leading manufacturer of Premium Cars in India reported sales of 4,685 units in the month of July’10 as against 4,595 units sold in June’10 translating into a growth of 2%.

The company had sold 4,857 units in the corresponding month last year.

Model wise break-up: Jazz: 514; City: 3565; Civic: 371; Accord: 192; CRV:43

Honda Car India : Press Releases

what happens when ETIOS sedan, VW Vento are launched ? City sales might be impacted. they are down around 3.5% YOY.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks