Team-BHP - July 2010 sales figures
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   July 2010 sales figures (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/86412-july-2010-sales-figures.html)

Note from Mod : GTO's August 2010 sales analysis has been uploaded here. This thread is closed.

First news trickling in, is not good for Fiat.

Tata Motors' July sales grow 62%

Quote:

BS Reporters / Mumbai August 2, 2010, 1:05 IST

Increased dispatches of the Nano and improved demand for its new launches pushed overall sales of Tata Motors, India’s largest automobile company (by revenue), in July.

The company reported sales growth of 62 per cent to 27,864 units, highest ever for it in a month, as against 17,191 units reported in the same month a year earlier.

The company stated that during July it had delivered 9,000 units of the Nano, 8,606 of the Indica and 7,007 of the Indigo, while combined sales of the Sumo and Safari were 3,251 units.

Sales of the Italian car brand, Fiat Auto, also sold through Tata, declined to 2,301 units in the same month, a fall of 14.4 per cent as compared to 2,690 units reported in the corresponding month last year.

Pune-based Bajaj Auto, India’s second biggest two-wheeler maker, and Chennai-based TVS Motors today reported a jump of 66 per cent and 33 per cent in two-wheeler sales, respectively, during July. Bajaj, led by its popular Discover and Pulsar models, sold 279,781 units of two-wheelers (including exports) during the month as against 168,163 units sold in the same month last year. Similarly TVS Motors, the country’s third largest bike manufacturer, reported domestic sales of 143,039 units as compared to 107,883 units posted in the same month last year.

Motorcycle sales for TVS Motors grew 42 per cent in July, registering sales of 61,698 units in comparison with 42,998 units. Scooters grew 46 per cent, with sales of 40,357 units in the same month as against 27,673, stated the company is a release.

Bajaj’s statement said lack of adequate production had limited sales of both two-wheelers and three-wheelers. It sales of the latter grew 60 per cent to 38,634 units this July, as compared to 24,104 units last year.

While exports of Bajaj Auto surged 56 per cent to 106,794 units as against 68,585 units in July last year, TVS Motors’ exports grew 54 per cent to 20,067 units, as compared to 13,061 units.
TOI has some different figures for Tata

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...ow/6243811.cms

Quote:

NEW DELHI: Auto-maker Tata Motors today reported a 41% increase in vehicle sales to 67,799 units in July, 2010, compared to 48,054 units in the same month of the previous year.

The homegrown firm's total passenger vehicles sales in the domestic market stood at 30,165 units in July this year, as against 19,881 units in the same month last year, a jump of 52%, the company said in a statement.

The company's exports grew by 73% to 4,241 units in July, 2010, compared to 2,455 units in the same month last year, it added.

During the month, the company sold 9,000 units of its small car, 'Nano'.

The 'Indica' model reported sales of 8,606 units, a marginal increase of over one% compared to the figure for July, 2009, Tata Motors said.

The 'Indigo' family recorded sales of 7,007 units, a two-fold increase over the same month last year. Tata Motors' 'Sumo' and 'Safari' models accounted for 3,251 units, an increase of 22% compared to the same month last year.

In the commercial vehicles segment, sales in July in the domestic market stood at 35,694 units, a 26% increase compared to sales of 28,408 units in the same month last year.

Light commercial vehicles sales during the month stood at 20,438 units, a growth of 15% over the last year, while medium and heavy commercial vehicle sales stood at 15,256 units, a 43% jump compared to July, 2009.

In my opinion, the numbers aren't great for Tata either. The Nano sold more units, but the profit margins have to be wafer thin. The Indica range is hit by lower than average numbers (I'd say the average would be 9500), the only silver lining being the Manza/Indigo range. However, I think Tata is on the right path and slowly trying to change the perception of being a "taxi" sales company, hence the lower number for the Indica shouldn't be that troubling but rather expected. It'll pay off in the long run.

About Fiat, 2300 is lower than the figures a year back (the Punto was launched around this time last year), but they have been clocking similar number this year (even going down to 1800 in a month), so I think they won't be that unhappy. With the impending launch of the Linea T-Jet and the just launched Punto VGT, I think they'll be targetting 2700-3000 mark. Slowly, with more cars being seen on the road, the faith in the Fiat brand might come back. If and when that happens, the sales will auto-adjust.

Seems the bottle neck for Nano was only the production. With the increase with the production, they should be able to get even more figures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cents (Post 2006692)
A thread for the sake of starting a thread.
I don't see why the 'monthly sales figures' thread must be permitted without numbers from even two or three car makers. And this happens every month.
Most abused new thread title, month after month.

Fiat, Tata, now isn't that two (of "two or three"?).

Jokes apart, a thread is meant to be something that starts out and then is embellished by the contributions of other members. This is the case for the sales figure thread too. Later on Karpusv will most probably get the time to fill us in with the detailed numbers. I can't understand what is there to get so worked up about?

Just my $.02.

Tata Motors - Media Centre

Quote:

Tata Motors July sales at 67,799 nos.
  • Tata Motors’ total sales (including exports) of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles in July 2010 were 67,799 vehicles, a growth of 41% over 48,054 vehicles sold in July 2009.
  • The company’s domestic sales of Tata commercial and passenger vehicles for July 2010 were 63,558 nos., a 39% growth over 45,599 nos. sold in July last year.
  • Cumulative sales (including exports) for the company for the fiscal are 249,507 nos., a growth of 46% over 171,168 nos. sold last year.
Commercial Vehicles

The company’s sales of commercial vehicles in July 2010 in the domestic market were 35,694 nos., a 26% growth compared to 28,408 vehicles sold in July last year.
  • LCV sales were 20,438 nos., a growth of 15% over July last year.
  • M & HCV sales stood at 15,256 nos., a growth of 43% over July last year.
Cumulative sales of commercial vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal are 132,923 nos., a growth of 32% over last year.
  • Cumulative LCV sales are 75,511 nos., a growth of 20% over last year, while M & HCV sales stood at 57,412 nos., a growth of 54% over last year.
Passenger Vehicles
  • The passenger vehicles business reported a total sale and distribution offtake of 30,165 nos. (27,864 Tata + 2,301 Fiat) in the domestic market in July 2010, a 52% increase compared to 19,881 nos. (17,191 Tata + 2,690 Fiat) in July last year.
  • Sales of Tata passenger vehicles at 27,864 nos. is the highest ever for the company and a growth of 62% over July 2009.
  • Sales of the Tata Nano were 9000 nos.
  • The Indica range sales were 8,606 nos., higher by 1% over July last year.
  • The Indigo range recorded sales of 7,007 nos., a growth of 100% over July last year.
  • The Sumo/Safari range accounted for sales of 3,251 nos., higher by 22% over July last year.
JLR
  • Jaguar Land Rover sales continued their upward trend since launch in July 2009.
TOTAL
  • Cumulative sales and distribution offtake of passenger vehicles in the domestic market for the fiscal are 108,501 nos. (100,100 Tata + 8,401 Fiat), against 70,572 nos. (63,028 Tata + 7,544 Fiat) last year, a growth of 54%.
  • Cumulative sales of Tata passenger vehicles were 100,100 nos., a 59% increase compared to 63,028 nos., in July 2009.
  • Cumulative sales of the Nano are 23,779 nos.
  • Cumulative sales of the Indica range are 35,113 nos., lower by 6%.
  • Cumulative sales of the Indigo family are 28,310 nos., higher by 128%.
  • Cumulative sales of the Sumo/Safari range are 12,898 nos., higher by 20%.
Exports
  • The company's sales from exports at 4,241 vehicles in July 2010 registered a growth of 73% compared to 2,455 vehicles in July last year.
  • The cumulative sales from exports for the fiscal at 16,484 nos. are higher by 115% over 7,676 nos. in the same period last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 2006591)
In my opinion, the numbers aren't great for Tata either. The Nano sold more units, but the profit margins have to be wafer thin. The Indica range is hit by lower than average numbers (I'd say the average would be 9500), the only silver lining being the Manza/Indigo range. However, I think Tata is on the right path and slowly trying to change the perception of being a "taxi" sales company, hence the lower number for the Indica shouldn't be that troubling but rather expected. It'll pay off in the long run.

22400 Crores Profit for the Year, for the current quarter. Operating Profit Margins of close to 7%. Highest in Industry if you keep MnM tractor division apart(Despite bearing the Interest costs for the JLR deal) and you call these "numbers not great??" please: .
Just for your info Maruti operates with an margin of 4.7% to 5.5%(Royalty and excluding Royalty to the bosses in Japan).So these numbers are stellar from TATA Motors. Have a look at their stock it is at a historic all time high.

Indica is disappointing but clocking around 9k which is pretty decent when you look at the industry numbers,but poor when you look at the amount of VFM that the Vista carries.Figo seems to have sealed it in this segment.Look out for the Figo numbers.

Tata Nano production constraint seem to be over.Look at the numbers now. People called the 7000 odd last month as an aberration. 9000 is the new number for the Nano.Wow

Indigo MANZA and the CS seems to be stabilizing around 7k.I hope the Maruti Dzire starts slowing down, would love to see Maruti respond with a better car and take the VFM of this segment to another level.

Here are the details of the Maruti - Suzuki sales for the month July 2010.

Interesting to note that SX4 , Dezire Growth is slowing down. Manza effect perhaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandi_ca (Post 2006719)
22400 Crores Profit for the Year, for the current quarter. Operating Profit Margins of close to 7%. Highest in Industry if you keep MnM tractor division apart(Despite bearing the Interest costs for the JLR deal) and you call these "numbers not great??" please: .

Do you mean they made a profit of Rs.22,400 in one quarter.?
i.e almost $5 billion!!!

awsome, with 5 billion profit they could buy any other automotive company. great numbers by TATA Motors. Wonder if MSIL can match these numbers.

@nandi_ca
Fair enough. You got the numbers right and seem to know more about them. Touche.

When I said what I did, I was looking at the passenger vehicle sales only. In that category, I chose to look at the increase in Nano numbers being evened out by the decrease in Indica/Vista numbers. From now on, I'd take special care to give a wide berth to people with "ca" in the user id.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daewood (Post 2006832)
i.e almost $5 billion!!!

It should be 2240 crore profit for the whole year 2009-10. Check the annual report at their website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daewood (Post 2006832)
i.e almost $5 billion!!!

It is 22,400 Cr for the Year. Sorry for the typo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 2006857)
@nandi_ca
Fair enough. You got the numbers right and seem to know more about them. Touche.

When I said what I did, I was looking at the passenger vehicle sales only. In that category, I chose to look at the increase in Nano numbers being evened out by the decrease in Indica/Vista numbers. From now on, I'd take special care to give a wide berth to people with "ca" in the user id.

The reason i compared the figures was because there was a talk that the Nano was being sold by TATA without any profit or by even taking a hit at the bottom line. That is not the case as you can see when it comes to Margins TATA is king!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandi_ca (Post 2006879)
It is 22,400 Cr for the Year. Sorry for the typo.

I jus checked the ARs.

It's actually 2,240crores for TATA Motors.(Passenger cars + CVs + JLR).
It seems they have a 64% market share in CVs which
is the major source of revenue.

For MSIL it is 2,497 crores.

Source: The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: Hyundai Motor India Ltd on Monday reported a 24.2% growth in domestic sales over the same month last year.

HMIL's total sales for July, 2010 stood at 50,411 units as against 45,539 units in July, 2009 registering a 10.7% cumulative growth over the same period last year. The domestic sales accounted for 28,811 units as against 23,193 units in July, 2009 while the exports declined by 3.3% from 22,346 units in July, 2009 to 21,600 units in July, 2010.

Commenting on July, 2010 sales, Arvind Saxena, Director - Marketing and Sales, HMIL said, “The recently launched Verna Transform along with the tried and trusted Accent helped us consolidate our position in the mid segment. The increased demand clearly shows that the recently launched Verna Transform has been well received by our customers. The market continues to be positive and in the next quarter we expect the trend to continue with the onset of the festive season”.

The segment-wise cumulative sales for the month of July, 2010 are as follows: A2 segment (Santro, i10 & i20) 44,522 units; A3 Segment (Accent & Verna) 5,858 units; A5 segment (Sonata Transform) 31 units.

Hyundai sales up 24.2% in July-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Unfortunately it is the second consecutive month that Fiat is worse than 2009 in India: Sales of Fiat cars in India