Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 22:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^

Like to have ,

Auto Closing ORVM's when keys not present/ Auto Open ORVM's when Keys present at the ignition hole.

Automatic reversing power windows if they sense an obstruction while closing, Automatic Roll up windows when you lock the car with Remote Key fob.
I like such pampering, the i20 is already loaded with amazing features and these shall be like the ultimate icing on the take.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
The driver's side window on all i20s already has this. Try putting your hand in the way when the button for the driver's side power window is pressed once (auto-close)
Thanks for the info, I shall try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Yes i have checked this and confirmed its for selected VIN range, Mainly for Delhi /NCR Region and Ahmadabad region, but if a customer from other region complaints about the A/c they can go for a ECM upgrade.

Mainly the upgrades are for
1.2 L Petrol models up to June 2009 make
1.4L (5 gear)- (diesel) Up to May 2010 (not sure about the exact month)
1.4L (6 gear)- (diesel) Up to May 2010 (not sure about the exact month)

If at all i go for an upgrade that will be in next summer so i can feel the change

@darksoul: Thanks for that info, never tried it.
Dr. i20 got the full details, .
Old 6th August 2010, 14:28   #32
rbp
BHPian

Hyundai offers solution to i20's AC and rattle problems

Quote:
Hyundai India has finally come up with solutions for airconditioning and rattling problems in the i20. Since quite a time i20 owners have been complaining about lack of cooling, which can be a terrible thing in the extremely hot summers of the north. Occurrence of rattles from many cars was also reported.

In order to resolve these issues Hyundai India is now offering the affected customers with ECM reprogramme to enhance the AC performance. For the rattles an addition of urethane pad & yoke spring has been suggested.

These changes will be offered free of cost to the customers. The rattle issues will be addressed only for those affected and the AC solution is applicable only for certain batches and any clear information about these batches is yet to surface.

While Hyundai is calling up the eligible customers other i20 owners can call up their dealership and confirm about their eligibility by giving out the registration number. Dealers from New Delhi confirmed the move by Hyundai India.
I feel this deserved a new thread after all the bashing we gave to Hyundai. Three cheers to them and also to T-BHP coz I am sure T-BHP did play a part in letting them know abt customer feedback.

Hyundai offers solution to i20's AC and rattle problems-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 6th August 2010, 14:32   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
I feel this deserved a new thread after all the bashing we gave to Hyundai. Three cheers to them and also to T-BHP coz I am sure T-BHP did play a part in letting them know abt customer feedback.

Hyundai offers solution to i20's AC and rattle problems-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

A thread is already running on the same topic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...c-rattles.html

Mods. Please do the needful.

Raghu, by the way did you get the AC issue fixed in your car?
Old 6th August 2010, 16:25   #34
BANNED

@tsk13

Regarding that Point # 4. Rework of wiring Harness

Can you get the details of , for which wiring harness and the reason for the same please ..
Old 6th August 2010, 16:37   #35
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am about to book the new i20.

But, reading this post, I am frightened. Honestly. What's the public opinion on investing in this car?

Do revert,
Yashodeep.
Old 6th August 2010, 17:03   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashodeep View Post
I am frightened
May thats because of you are still carrying the ANHC delivery day memories in mind.

One life - why so frightened?
Old 6th August 2010, 17:23   #37
BHPian

Oh yes, pls don't remind me of that day. It was a completely hell-ish experience. (taking a deep breath) hope to book the i20 early next week.

Thx for the encouragement though
Old 6th August 2010, 17:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashodeep View Post
Hello everyone,

I am about to book the new i20.

But, reading this post, I am frightened. Honestly. What's the public opinion on investing in this car?

Do revert,
Yashodeep.
The i20 is a great car. You also must be aware of the complaints with the i20, namely the ac, steering feel & rattles and that it is underpowered. It suits most people's requirements, and only the weak ac is a major concern to all buyers. Do check out the AC performance in one of the new cars at the showroom to see if you are comfortable or not...
Old 7th August 2010, 00:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The i20 is a great car. You also must be aware of the complaints with the i20, namely the ac, steering feel & rattles and that it is underpowered. It suits most people's requirements, and only the weak ac is a major concern to all buyers. Do check out the AC performance in one of the new cars at the showroom to see if you are comfortable or not...
Tarun, the AC problem is being blown out of proportion. We don't have the data as to how many cars are facing similar problems like those of the thread starter of "i20 AC issues". Stereotyping isn't appropriate for any car, I think BHPians understand this the best. Moreover, Hyundai has issued updates for the problems as discussed in the thread.

Steering feel is superb, so is the gearshift. Regarding underpowered point, all the cars in this segment surely are with a 1.2L engine churning out between 70/75 BHP - 90 BHP. One has the option of 1.4L Petrol A/T or 1.4L CRDi.

Wildon, I shall check and let you know.

I got a call from Rishabh Hyundai asking about my experience. I told them that the ECU issue even though resolved shouldn't have happened at the first place and when asked for a rating, I said 6 or 7 and the lady was like sir, please don't give us low rating as it'll call for a formal complaint. She assured me of the best services in future with repeated requests to increase the rating. I agreed for an 8 but only on assurance that they'll pull up their socks.
Old 7th August 2010, 13:55   #40
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

Now all the I20 needs is better brakes for the 1.4 diesel, an ECU reprogram for the power stearing to weigh it down at speeds, and a better tuned suspension for a firmer highway ride.
Better brakes for the 1.4 diesel. I dunno which version u tested, the asta comes with discs on all four wheels and I bet it is among the best in the country as far as stopping power is concerned. I have braked hard from 120+ and it stops without any drama.
Old 7th August 2010, 14:02   #41
BANNED

Guys, please stick to the topic, for rest of the inquiries please feel free to create new thread and discuss.
Old 7th August 2010, 14:09   #42
BHPian

Does the new 6 speed asta crdi comes with all 4 disc brakes?? Owners kindly clarify..
By the way , what is the OTR price for asta crdi in delhi?? Thanx in advance.
Old 7th August 2010, 14:23   #43
BHPian

Tsk & fiattarun

The reason I didn't quite like the i20 steering as I am coming from the ANHC, Opel Astra, TATA Indigo steering experiences.

The AC performance in the TD vehicles was at the least 'OK'. Nothing great to be noticed. Mostly all i20 TD cars in Bombay are 'ravaged'. So the initial experience of the car is disappointing.

The i20 steering was so light, it felt like i was handling a PC game steering wheel on my desktop. I just couldn't get a sense of the road surface or how far I need to turn to reverse the car to park or to take a U-turn. Believe me that's not a good feeling.

I'm waiting to get behind the wheels of my friends 2 month new i20 Asta. Let's see how it goes.
Old 7th August 2010, 20:29   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Better brakes for the 1.4 diesel. I dunno which version u tested, the asta comes with discs on all four wheels and I bet it is among the best in the country as far as stopping power is concerned. I have braked hard from 120+ and it stops without any drama.

Exactly,mine is 1.4 CRDi .I encountered a stray dog at 120+ kmph on NH4 and the brakes were solid.I don't know why people are cribbing about its brakes.Its got one of the best brakes around(I am talking about the asta which comes with discs on all four wheels)

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 7th August 2010 at 20:30.
Old 7th August 2010, 20:35   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone got their ECM upgraded to solve the AC issue?Please post the changes you have felt along with the change in fuel efficiency if any.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks