Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2010, 01:03   #76
BHPian

@drasitkhanna
10,200 Rs for a set of 4 PLATI alloys sure is a great deal (normally it hovers around 13K+). Do post the pictures in the Alloys section, certainly OT here.
The white-silver combo should suit the i20 really well.
Old 29th August 2010, 07:49   #77
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Thanks for the information, it means for a seasoned driver the manual routine will be more effective over ABS, correct?
No way, Never. There is no way a human can engage/disengage brakes as quickly and efficiently as an ABS unit. We are speaking about microseconds, not even milliseconds.
Old 29th August 2010, 09:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

A Special Purpose MM-V Grease ( don't know the abbreviation of this) supplied by this company has to be applied inside the damping coupler of MDPS motor assembly.
Oh my God!!! One more "magic" grease. How long before this "new" solution is shot down as well? Sorry for my sarcasm, but you may know what all things the local dealership tried on my car.

Has your dealership tried this grease on your car? Earlier, my dealership had tried applying some imported magnetic grease somewhere on the steering assembly and it did not work. I can only hope this new grease does the job.
Old 29th August 2010, 11:06   #79
BHPian

I hope my yet-to-be-delivered i20 (CRDi Sportz BS-IV) will have all the fixes in place - The Steering / Aircon and the ECU cover will be the first things that I plan to inspect during the PDI.

@tsk13 - Thank you for starting this thread. Its proving to be quite useful for new i20 buyers like myself. Please do let me know if anything more needs attention during the PDI.

Cheers !
Old 30th August 2010, 03:17   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_cruiser View Post
I hope my yet-to-be-delivered i20 (CRDi Sportz BS-IV) will have all the fixes in place - The Steering / Aircon and the ECU cover will be the first things that I plan to inspect during the PDI.

@tsk13 - Thank you for starting this thread. Its proving to be quite useful for new i20 buyers like myself. Please do let me know if anything more needs attention during the PDI.

Cheers !
You're welcome and thanks for the kind words. The steering issue can be best judged by taking the car for a ride over bumpy roads and the AC issue is limited to few cars, I think the new i20's might be coming with the required changes.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:43   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Steering / Aircon and the ECU cover will be the first things that I plan to inspect during the PDI.
The steering rattle will probably not be there in brand new cars. It is only after the car is run for around 500 kms that the rattle starts showing up(only on bad roads).
Old 30th August 2010, 23:52   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
@drasitkhanna
10,200 Rs for a set of 4 PLATI alloys sure is a great deal (normally it hovers around 13K+). Do post the pictures in the Alloys section, certainly OT here.
The white-silver combo should suit the i20 really well.
Thanks Jayded for the guidance,
the original price quoted was around 12,000 without exchange , brought it down after haggling. Wasn't sure even after that so didn't buy them . Now that you've helped i'll go ahead with them , take the snaps after putting them on and post them !
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:02   #83
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers !
Same here as well. My brand new i20 is expected early next week. Hope everything would be alright.
Old 2nd September 2010, 18:37   #84
BHPian

I got the ECU upgrade + gas topup done yesterday, along with the "auto-lock-doors-at-40-kmph". (No rattles for me, so no other updates) Both were done for free by Trident Hyundai.

So far? The cabin seems to cool a little faster than before. But the weather in Bangalore is very cool and pleasant at the moment, so I don't really know if there's been a significant difference in cooling. I guess only at the onset of summer will we really know how effective this ECU update is.

Other than that, no change in power delivery, the car is running well. I don't think there will be a change in mileage either, but will have to monitor that over a longer period of time.
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:23   #85
Senior - BHPian

In the last steering rack replacement on my car on July 15th, they messed up the tilt steering, which I came to know a week back while adjusting the steering. The tilt adjustment lever when dropped down goes deep into the steering "tunnel" and it is extremely difficult to bring it back up. The front brake disc has developed a deep line as if someone used a lathe machine to dig a line on it. I tried adjusting the steering because I felt that the rattle does get reduced for a while if the steering is tilted up or down(could be placebo effect, not sure).

My brother , who is a Marine Engineer, had a talk with some senior fellow called Nagesh at Hyundai, Ahmedabad for this steering rattling issue. He had the guts to ask "which car does not have a problem?" and spoke a bit rudely. My brother did not take it lying down and gave him a fitting reply. Rather foolishly that Hyundai fellow said we will bring tools to your home to work on your car. When asked is it feasible to bring a hydraulic jack to our home to work on the steering, he said and I quote " we have been in the business for 10 years, it is our problem,don't worry about it". Evidently these people don't think before talking!!

Meanwhile, I received a call from JD power survey. That gentleman was shocked when I told him that the car has visited the workshop more than 12 times for the same steering rattling issue and that the steering rack has been changed twice on the car and the problem still persists. I told him it is a problem on 10s and i20s and Hyundai does not have solution to fix it. I told him to check with other i10/20 owners, they will confirm what I said to him. From what I came to know, Hyundai does not have a good standing among its customers in the survey and my answers, 80% of which were poor or below average, will not add to Hyundai's reputation.

Frankly, I was shocked to get the call. I had attended a free check up camp in my town. May be from the feedback form they got my number. In the free check up camp, it was noticed that the engine oil level had dipped down to "Low" in the dip stick. When asked what may be the reason and whether there is there a fault in the engine, the SA had no answer and looked clueless, only answer change the engine oil"!!!!
Old 9th September 2010, 01:30   #86
BHPian

I am on the verge of booking a new i20 Petrol 1.2.
Read all the posts on the AC issue with i20 and the solution bought up by hyundai.
I am confused if i should go in for i20,AC being the top priority and is the solution by hyundai good enough to tackle the summers.
Could not get a clear picture if the AC problem has really been solved or not?
Please help.
Old 9th September 2010, 08:24   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
AC being the top priority and is the solution by hyundai good enough to tackle the summers.
Frankly i'm not satisfied with the Hyundai i20 A/c Summer performance. Also look at the timing of "Hyundai A/C fix". They came with the "fix" after the summer got over.

Like the steering rattle "fix" this also going to be a joke.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I am on the verge of booking a new i20 Petrol 1.2.
Read all the posts on the AC issue with i20 and the solution bought up by hyundai.
I am confused if i should go in for i20,AC being the top priority and is the solution by hyundai good enough to tackle the summers.
Could not get a clear picture if the AC problem has really been solved or not?
Please help.
Recently dad bought i20 1.2 Magna. AC is fine. No issues at all!

I believe the AC issues could be for a specific batch/set of i20s. The latest ones seem to be fine. I suggest you test drive the all new i20 and not the older i20.
Old 9th September 2010, 12:22   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post

I believe the AC issues could be for a specific batch/set of i20s. The latest ones seem to be fine. I suggest you test drive the all new i20 and not the older i20.
Well now would hardly be the time to evaluate AC performance. The ideal test would be during summer. Your profile says you are from Bangalore, which at this time of the year has very pleasant weather.
Old 9th September 2010, 12:54   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post

Many of the i20 owners including me started complaining when summer started.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks