Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:16   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Special Thanks to Team-BHP and the i20 owners for highlighting this problem and also a speacial thanks to Asset Hyundai Bhandup and Works Manager for getting my steering yoke bush / spring replaced. The rattle has gone and my car feels much better to drive now. Its been a week now and my dad is very happy and so am I too.

Niki.
Nice to know that you're happy with the car. I still can't understand why not all the Service Centers do what Hyundai says, I can still see many dismayed owners here.

Those still suffering from the problems and whose Service Centers have no idea about the update, please complain to Hyundai. That's the sole way out.
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:10   #107
BANNED

^^ I differ here.

I have been contacted by Hyundai Chennai person when i lodged the complain for the reappearance of steering rattle. Last week their Chennai office again contacted me to say that the parts for replacement has been dispatched to the dealer. Still i have not got any call from my dealer to come for the repairs.

When I asked about the Hyundai person to give me the details about the parts which they have sent, they only said " its steering related part" you can check with the dealer.

One thing i can tell you tsk13, Hyundai not able to solve this problem. If its been solved definitely there will be a change in Part No. which is not happened till now, and the dealers knows it but they are helpless too.
Old 24th November 2010, 09:24   #108
BHPian

I am in the market for a car adn the i20 diesel is one of the cars I am considering. However, the steering rattle and AC issues are giving me jitters. From the looks of it, Hyundai hasnt been able to solve the problem yet. Question is - are these issues deal breakers ? Should i walk away?
Old 24th November 2010, 09:26   #109
BHPian

@nikibusa - How has been your experience with Asset Hyundai Bhandup? Also, is this different from Asset Kanjurmarg? How has been your i20 experience?

PS: I too am from Vikhroli and hence the query.
Old 24th November 2010, 20:27   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
I am in the market for a car adn the i20 diesel is one of the cars I am considering. However, the steering rattle and AC issues are giving me jitters. From the looks of it, Hyundai hasnt been able to solve the problem yet. Question is - are these issues deal breakers ? Should i walk away?
If you ask me, I wouldnt walk away only due to these issues. I am also considering the car in Jan 11.

Every car has its share of issues. Its very very difficult to walk away considering i20's equipment levels, decent diesel engine, wider service network and excellant interior quality.

I just dont have another close alternative. The Polo is very far off and the Jazz's price is just nuts. I dont think the upcoming Etios falls in this category. So that leaves me with only one choice. I know many owners with zero issues, so if I am lucky, I may have a great experience. Its like marriage....

Last edited by mail4ajo : 24th November 2010 at 20:29.
Old 24th November 2010, 23:13   #111
Senior - BHPian

The only reason I wont buy this would be for the AC performance IF I am to believe the posts made by many here.
Old 26th November 2010, 00:14   #112
BHPian

Quote:
I am in the market for a car adn the i20 diesel is one of the cars I am considering. However, the steering rattle and AC issues are giving me jitters. From the looks of it, Hyundai hasnt been able to solve the problem yet.
Well that's not necessarily true - only a few Hyundai dealers are having trouble fixing these issues. Very few cars even have the issues to deal with in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The only reason I wont buy this would be for the AC performance IF I am to believe the posts made by many here.
Nope, that is not a valid reason any more - i20 ACs have been updated in the new models. Older cars can also get this update/fix done.

The steering rattle and AC issues were resolved for me a long time ago, for instance, and I'm very happy with the car.

There are over 7,200 i20s being sold every month - a pretty good sign that this car is doing well in India and here to stay for the long run.
Old 26th November 2010, 08:01   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
only a few Hyundai dealers are having trouble fixing these issues.
I can understand being a Hyundai product owner every one will try to defend. But please dont defend blindly with out knowing the facts.

The steering rattle was fixed in my vehicle too but later it appeared. Hyundai is sending the same part again to fix it so they can keep my mouth shut temporarily.

These Steering problems fixes till now provided are Jugaad's. I know few key A.S.S persons personally and they admit it. its happening in i10 as well as i20.

I can provided the some fixes which happend .

I dont care about the numbers which i20 doing at present. All my concern is i have paid money for this product and it should be trouble free.

1. Tyre valve leak - fixed
2. Sticky reverse gear - fixed
3. Faulty radio - fixed
4. Bulging dash board - fixed
5. misfiring kapa engine - fixed
6. A/c cooling problem - fixed
7. vehicle pulling to left/right - still doing tests
8. steering rattle - temporary fixes but no permanent solutions as of now.

Last edited by wildon : 26th November 2010 at 08:04.
Old 26th November 2010, 09:20   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I can understand being a Hyundai product owner every one will try to defend. But please dont defend blindly with out knowing the facts.

The steering rattle was fixed in my vehicle too but later it appeared. Hyundai is sending the same part again to fix it so they can keep my mouth shut temporarily.

These Steering problems fixes till now provided are Jugaad's. I know few key A.S.S persons personally and they admit it. its happening in i10 as well as i20.

I can provided the some fixes which happend .

I dont care about the numbers which i20 doing at present. All my concern is i have paid money for this product and it should be trouble free.

1. Tyre valve leak - fixed
2. Sticky reverse gear - fixed
3. Faulty radio - fixed
4. Bulging dash board - fixed
5. misfiring kapa engine - fixed
6. A/c cooling problem - fixed
7. vehicle pulling to left/right - still doing tests
8. steering rattle - temporary fixes but no permanent solutions as of now.

Wildon,did you get the AC upgrade for your i20 done?Any improvements?
Old 26th November 2010, 10:28   #115
BHPian

Unfortunately, I am now more confused! One thing for sure - the AC on the test drive model (2009 model) was not effective in the least. The sales executive explained this away as a 'filter not cleaned' problem. There was no steering rattle.

In my mind, an ineffective AC is a deal breaker in most parts of India. Even Bangalore summers are pretty severe in recent years.

I guess I'll go and do another test drive this weekend in peak afternoon and see for myself if the AC is effective.
Old 26th November 2010, 11:21   #116
BANNED

@sagarpadaki & prashanthyr

I have not opted for A/C upgrade as i feel its not the correct time to go for an upgrade. Also i have no issues with a/c in the present climate conditions. I have only complained about it when i gone through the last summer. I ll be going for the upgrade when next summer start, so i can evaluate things.

Regarding the the steering rattling , Today I got a call from the A.S.S saying the part for the replacement has arrived and its called as "Universal Joint Assembly"
Old 9th December 2010, 12:10   #117
BHPian

Re: Attn i20 Owners: Good News | Hyundai's Solution for AC and Rattles

Guys, I own a Dec 2008 i10 Kappa.

When I go over rough patches, I hear a noise like a mix of metal and plastic are colliding together.

It happens only when I drive slow over rough patches and not potholes. I took it to an A.S.S where they took a TD.

One SA told me that it's not the usual noise but this is somewhere from the suspension. I'm not fully convinced.

The other SA told me that it was indeed the steering column rattle.

I do not know if it's the common steering column noise that everyone else is facing.

Can some one describe the noise or try to find if mine is the same
Old 14th December 2010, 09:21   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post

One SA told me that it's not the usual noise but this is somewhere from the suspension. I'm not fully convinced.

The other SA told me that it was indeed the steering column rattle.

I do not know if it's the common steering column noise that everyone else is facing.

Can some one describe the noise or try to find if mine is the same
See, even these guys from Hyundai are confused. Even they don't know what exactly the problem is or what is the permanent solution. This inspite of Hyundai's supposed great service network and "trained" SAs & technicians.

The sound you are referring to is probably the steering rack & column banging against each other and it sounds like a metallic sound( sometimes it can also be a rubber like sound...something like hard rubber hitting against metal).
Old 1st December 2011, 11:59   #119
BHPian

I hear a rattling sound from the engine bay when the car is idling. The sound vanishes when i press the accelarator.

The sound comes only when the bonet is closed. I opened the bonet to see where the sound is coming from and it vanished.

Any idea what can be the cause. The sound is like that of thin metal.

Mine is a verna 2009 model

Last edited by ArunV : 1st December 2011 at 12:00. Reason: Edit:
Old 31st December 2011, 14:56   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunV View Post
I hear a rattling sound from the engine bay when the car is idling. The sound vanishes when i press the accelarator.

The sound comes only when the bonet is closed. I opened the bonet to see where the sound is coming from and it vanished.

Any idea what can be the cause. The sound is like that of thin metal.

Mine is a verna 2009 model
The rubber boot for the bonnet has to be raised a little( it is most likely a screw type bush there)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks