Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 16:55   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai offers cashless ownership on Santro / i10. And rolls out 3,000,000 Indian car

Cashless ownership on the Hyundai Santro / i10, well priced too. I've been a fan of these kind of maintenance plans from BMW, Chevrolet & Ford....good to see Hyundai joining the club.

Pricing:

Santro : Rs. 6,999
i10 : Rs. 6,999

This includes 3rd year warranty, and all scheduled maintenance for 3 years / 50,000 kms.

From the official communication received:
Quote:
Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL), the second largest car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter, today reached a historic milestone with the sale of its vehicles, including exports, reaching 30 lakh (3 million) mark.

HMIL started operation in 1996 and the first Santro rolled out in September, 1998. From the record of setting up the plant in just 17 months to becoming the 2nd largest car manufacturer in just 6 months to rolling out 150,000 cars in about 25 months, Hyundai has fulfilled everybody’s expectations. Hyundai Motor achieved this remarkable distinction of reaching the 30 lakh car production in a record time of less than 12 years. With this achievement, HMIL becomes only the second manufacturer in India to have achieved this distinction.

To commemorate the special occasion, HMIL has introduced a unique initiative to ensure “peace of mind” for its esteemed customers. The ‘Hyundai Triple Assurance Program’, a three-pronged nationwide scheme, will offer customers a host of incentives.

The 'Maintenance Assurance Program’ assures zero expenditure on all maintenance services for three years or 50,000 kilometres, whichever is earlier. The ‘Motor Assurance Program’ will provide comprehensive motor insurance and add on coverage for a maximum of five occupants for an amount up to Rs. 200,000 per person. The ‘Warranty Assurance Program’ offers extended warranty for the third year or up to distance of 60,000 km. Besides this, this scheme also includes free roadside assistance for two years. The Hyundai Triple Assurance Program will be available to the buyers of the Santro and the i10, and will be available from 5th – 25th August, 2010.
Hyundai offers cashless ownership on Santro / i10. And rolls out 3,000,000 Indian car-dsc_8464.jpg
Old 5th August 2010, 16:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

I don't think its a permanent offer though. The Press Release states that is being offered only till the 25th.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome move from Hyundai. I hope they continue it and make it a permanent offer rather then waiting for one more milestone to roll it again!!

Last edited by HammerHead : 5th August 2010 at 17:13.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

It's obvious. They have started to feel the heat from the Alto K10. Why else should the offer be exclusive to the Santro and i10 ? We already have a prospective Polo customer who went about and booked the Alto K10. I'm willing to bet there will be a lot more of such downgrades.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:36   #5
BHPian

If space is not an absolute MUST, AK10 makes a lot more sense than higher priced small cars.
Hence not surprising at all that Hyundai should come out with such an offer.

Looking fwd to see how Chevy will react to protect its Spark.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
If space is not an absolute MUST, AK10 makes a lot more sense than higher priced small cars.
Hence not surprising at all that Hyundai should come out with such an offer.

Looking fwd to see how Chevy will react to protect its Spark.
There was an ad in Chennai with a Rs 51K offer for the Chey Spark. Normally the offers used to be around the 35k mark.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:40   #7
BHPian

A very good offer from Hyundai. Last month when I got my i10, they had offered 3rd year extended warranty as a freebie. Now even better, this is wonderful news. Very good and reliable cars in the offering.

Can anyone confirm if this offer is valid for existing customers or to new customers?

@Longhorn - Sir, where did you see the Add? can you please provide me the link. My dad is looking to buy a hatch sub 3.5L.

Last edited by MutantX : 5th August 2010 at 17:50.
Old 5th August 2010, 17:52   #8
BHPian

MutantX - for the requirements you mentioned for your father, Spark will be a great option. Do not let the 51K offer slip!!
Old 5th August 2010, 19:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

3 million is indeed a great milestone, what stands behind it is sheer hardwork.
I know of people who had worked in Hyundai before joining my org, they keep telling that the work is very demanding and even the schedules are very demanding.
Needless to say, its because they have to satisfy such a huge demand for its cars.

Great going Hyundai.
Old 5th August 2010, 19:49   #10
BHPian

xingamazon, i totally agree with you. Period! Our entire family has been buying Hyundai cars for the past 10 years. My dad had a Santo LE, my uncle had owned a Santo, Xing & i10 and now I own an i10. I am not afraid to recommend a Hyundai product to anyone because I am sure they would keep up the promise.
Old 5th August 2010, 20:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Way to go Hyundai from a hard core Maruti fan I didn't like Spark & hence the offer didn't appeal to me, but i10 rocks & combined with this offer is a real temptation. I guess Hyundai is reading the pulse of Indians very closely than any other car manufacturer. Hopefully their offers gets extended.
Old 6th August 2010, 10:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
@Longhorn - Sir, where did you see the Add? can you please provide me the link. My dad is looking to buy a hatch sub 3.5L.
You can cut the sir. Neither am I a professor, nor a business magnate. I saw the ad sometime last week in the Hindu newspaper. Sorry it was in the print media so no linkys. It was roughly a week before the K10 launch. believe irs best you check with your dealer.
Old 6th August 2010, 12:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

I hope Hyundai (or its dealers) will come up with all inclusive annual maintenance packages for all their cars, similar to what my friends driving a Maruti get. They declined to extend the warranty for my Getz CRDi, even when it was brand new :(
Old 6th August 2010, 12:18   #14
BHPian

Come on Maruti, pull up your socks & let's see if you can better competetion's ofer
Old 6th August 2010, 12:43   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post

I also saw this offer in yesterdays TOI here.Can't post the link since TOI epaper is now a paid site.

It simply mentions that it's a limited period offer but gives no dates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks