Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2005, 13:27   #1
BHPian

Skoda's 100'th anniversary (India's 4'th)

Any predictions/insights on what they might do to celebrate this? Any launches/offers that anyone has heard of?
Old 17th November 2005, 13:38   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Expect a special "Octavia 100" edition of the TDi with some special colours and bells / whistles. I am glad that they stopped using the "Obsessed with quality since 1892" tagline in their advertisements. Skoda, if anything, was the European equivalent of Premier Automobiles India until VW took over in the 1990s.

Suggestions : GROW UP and stop your plans to sell the new Octavia alongside the old Octavia. This will be murderous for you in the long term.

GTO
Old 17th November 2005, 13:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Skoda, if anything, was the European equivalent of Premier Automobiles India until VW took over in the 1990s.
Dont pamper them with such compliments - Skoda was the EU equivalent of Sipani Motors.
Old 17th November 2005, 13:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Dont pamper them with such compliments - Skoda was the EU equivalent of Sipani Motors.
At least, they delivered a car when you paid them money !!!
Old 17th November 2005, 13:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
At least, they delivered a car when you paid them money !!!
We dont know about that, do we? Their friends at Dacia (makers of the Renault Logan) are notorious for delivering vehicles without various sundry parts....like a door or two.
Old 17th November 2005, 13:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

I wish they'd stop mucking around and give me a Fabia!
Old 17th November 2005, 14:20   #7
Team-BHP Support

Their luxury model cannot seat somebody whose more than 6 feet tall in comfort, I guess fabia will be made for 5'10" or less
Old 17th November 2005, 23:50   #8
BHPian

I second GTO that it is a blunder to sell the new octavia along side the old one and this is one of the major reasons that has forced Skoda India to overprice their new octavia (16-17 lacs is confirmed) coz by no means they can sell the new and the old in the same price range .

However , recently when the same thing was asked from Mr. Imran Hassen (MD ,Skoda India) this is what he had to say
" Theres no reason to discontine the current octavia cos the new octavia is a totally new car based on a new platform , which is bigger, wider ,taller than the current one and it ll be positioned in between the current octavia and the superb and we 'll continue to sell the current octavia till 2012 ".
I am sorry i dont remember the link but the reason that he gave was real funny or should i say foolish cos its prety obvious that the newer model has to be wider ,taller ,bigger or in short Better than the old one or else what the **** they are making the newer one for !

But ,we cant blame Skoda India cos this thing is happening throught the globe and as we all know Skoda Auto India is just a part of Skoda Auto Worldwide .
Old 7th May 2006, 08:16   #9

Hello,

I post a pics for Serie Skoda "Edition 100"

Skoda Octavia II "Edition 100"

Skoda Superb "Edition 100"

And the Fabia "Edition 100"

Old 10th May 2006, 12:29   #10
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Expect a special "Octavia 100" edition of the TDi with some special colours and bells / whistles. I am glad that they stopped using the "Obsessed with quality since 1892" tagline in their advertisements. Skoda, if anything, was the European equivalent of Premier Automobiles India until VW took over in the 1990s.
Suggestions : GROW UP and stop your plans to sell the new Octavia alongside the old Octavia. This will be murderous for you in the long term.
GTO
Personally, as far as skoda in concerned, i dont care what they were before. But currently I am impressed by their vehicles. Be it the Octavia, Laura or Superb.

My view on skoda selling new octavia (Laura) and old octavia together is that they should only stop selling octavia only if they can price Laura as competitively as they do now with octavia. Else it will be suicidal for them, considering they will be having 2 highly priced models, which will drastically reduce their sales.

Also they should introduce the fabia as soon as possible. Or atleast confirm if they are gonna introduce it or not.

Last edited by mxx : 10th May 2006 at 12:33.
Old 10th May 2006, 12:36   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Any news of the Superb 100 limited edition making it to india?
Old 10th May 2006, 12:50   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx
Personally, as far as skoda in concerned, i dont care what they were before. But currently I am impressed by their vehicles. Be it the Octavia, Laura or Superb.

My view on skoda selling new octavia (Laura) and old octavia together is that they should only stop selling octavia only if they can price Laura as competitively as they do now with octavia. Else it will be suicidal for them, considering they will be having 2 highly priced models, which will drastically reduce their sales.
Very well said mxx.
Old 10th May 2006, 14:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

I completley agree with what mxx has said, because, in the Indian market, it is impossible for a company to otherwise survive if they only sell cars in the premium segment.
Old 10th May 2006, 15:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

I think I read on The Hindu taht they launched a new version called Classic.
Old 10th May 2006, 16:17   #15
BHPian

69 superbs in a month! 915 octavia/lauras in a month

Skoda sales up by 54% for April at 984 units
New Delhi | May 02, 2006 6:31:41 PM IST

SkodaAuto India, the Indian subsidary of Czech based automobiles major SkodaAuto, today reported a 54 per cent growth in its sales at 984 units for April 2006, as against 639 units in the corresponding month last year.

The total sales include 69 units of the flagship model Skoda Superb, a company statement said.

The company has also launched new model -- 'Classic 1.9 TDi' for the SkodaOctavia series.

''The SkodaOctavia Classic is a limited edition offer of the Octavia line-up and another step in our efforts to continuously innovate upon the popular SkodaOctavia,'' SkodaAuto India Managing Director Lukas Fole said.

SkodaAuto India has been operating in India since 2001 and has its manufacturing unit at Aurangabad in Maharashtra.It has so far unleashed 14 models in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks