Team-BHP - Skoda Fabia, to be launched with a boot!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda Fabia, to be launched with a boot! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/86871-skoda-fabia-launched-boot.html)

I find an article at Zigwheels that there will be a Fabia with a boot! Just hope Skoda does a Vento like it's parent and we don't end up seeing another odd shaped sedan!

Here's the article-
Quote:

Skoda Fabia, now available with a boot!

Muntaser Mirkar, Graphics: Muntaser Mirkar 05 Aug 2010

Judging by the success of hatchback-turned sedans like the Maruti Swift D'zire, there definitely is a big market for such cars in India. Volkswagen is trying to move into that space with the Vento and looking at joining the league of 'grown up' hatchbacks soon will be Skoda Auto.

The Skoda Fabia has been doing pretty well having won over Indian hearts with its upmarket looks and well put together construction. We have just learnt that the Fabia is all set to grow a boot soon much like the Swift did and in fact we could see the car hit showrooms as early as late this year.
It's always difficult to integrate a boot in a design that has been primarily made to serve the purpose of a hatchback and in most cases it turns out to be quite a sore sight. With their stubby front ends, hatchbacks don't really take to an added boot at the back too well, but aesthetic appeal has little to do with the rationale behind such cars anyway. It's all about practicality and the Fabia does have loads of that! Regardless, here's what we at ZigWheels think the Fabia sedan will look like. In keeping with the basic needs of a sedan, the Fabia with the boot should end up with an extended wheelbase by a few inches and loads of usable storage space.
The engine options will probably be kept unchanged from the hatch, which means the diesel powerplant will most likely make its way to the top of the engine options list. We could also see a return of the 1.4 litre petrol engine that was available on the Fabia when it was first launched. As with any new product here, pricing will be the key and its main rival will indeed be perceived to be the Maruti Swift D'zire. But with sibling rivalry also brewing in the form of the Volkswagen Vento, the Fabia sedan's future will have to be kept a close eye on!

Link- Skoda Fabia now available with a boot - News - ZigWheels

Mods- I am not able to find a thread on this and hence starting a new one. Please remove this incase another one exists.

The Fabia sales are low and this looks like a Indigo, who is going to buy it when there is a Vento?

Fabia and doing pretty well? As compared to whom? Jazz?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 2018640)

Hahaha ... Good one clap:

I dont think this will succeed at all. Fabia is already dying, no point in spending on adding boot to it. Why people will prefer it when there are many other options available in the market?

The boot looks a lot like the one on the Dzire. Dont know if its a real picture or photo shopped. I expected a much better integration of the boot than whats in the pictures.

@ Sparkled, it is indeed a photoshopped picture. I still feel that this car has chances of selling well if, I repeat if -

Skoda removes the unncessary features and retails the car between 6-8 lakhs rupees. We Tbhpians may not buy a skoda. However, there are plenty of those who dream of owning a skoda some day.

Quote:

The Zigwheels report is very clear

Quote:

The Skoda Fabia has been doing pretty well having won over Indian hearts with its upmarket looks and well put together construction

it just won the hearts, but did not help in loosening his / her pusrse strings

Skoda seems to be hopeful that by adding a boot the purse strings might be opened.

sometime wishful thinking can not stated so objectively.

Photoshopped image ? Well, +1.

And if it does happen, then one couldnt really be faulted for describing this as DZire Part-II. (Looks wise).

Skoda needs to give the Fabia the boot instead of a boot. :D

Wow! This is as bad as it can get. Seems to be Skoda decided, well, if MUL can do it with the Dzire then so can we. I hope it is just a PS job, but, a PS job on a website ?
If it is not a PS then it is not going to any good to the extended Fabia. The best boot attachment was pulled off by Tata Motors on the Vista and Indica extensions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chncar (Post 2018694)

Good one! Its a good hatch sans the right engine. Let them keep it as a hatch, but I would rather be happy if they give the engine the makeover.
A 1.2/1.4 TSI or 1.4 CRDI would give it a really boost! That would complete the car. (Services yes a pain-point)

I hope the picture in the article is a PS job. Else, Skoda would be making yet another mistake with Fabia.

Cheers,

IMO, Fabia has a good look than this Fabia Sedan. Why do they want to compete with models when they they've a bad reputation on servicing? Why not improve their servicing in parallel. Why not advertise stating that their service levels have gone better?

IMHO, it looks as ugly as the Swift Dzire! Hope they don't implement this plan and fill our roads with even more ugly cars!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chncar (Post 2018694)

Quote:

Roflmao:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2018685)
Photoshopped image ? Well, +1.

And if it does happen, then one couldnt really be faulted for describing this as DZire Part-II. (Looks wise).

If the car indeed looks like this, I am really a happy man. I can sleep peacefully knowing something looks more uglier than the Dzire.