Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 14:23   #166
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on yet another first Rush! I like the pricing of the Top end Petrol & the Auto!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Want the full test report?
You're kidding, right....I'm keeping the weekend free to catch up on some good reading - all about 1.6 engines & autoboxes being pushed hard. Bring it on real quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Nothing against expressing an opinion, but better to wait than jump the gun and start saying things like city is bye bye, gone case etc etc.
Don't take it so personally mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Does it mean 3 (15") + 1 (14") wheel combination if case of Puncture???
Well, some manufacturers treat the spare wheel as just that - a "spare" which is not meant for regular use & rotation. They discourage using it for anything other than driving down to the nearest puncture repair shop.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:28   #167
BHPian

Rear Legroom:

Notice in the brochure - pics of the front and rear interior are 2 different pics put together. The amount of space shown for the rear, and looking at the B pillar indicates that the front interior pic was taken with the seats pushed back, and the rear interior pic was taken with the seats pushed fully in front. (page 12-13 of the brochure)

A more real image of rear legroom would be the smaller pic with trasparent top on page 19. This shows that the legroom is not as much as shown in the split interior pics on page 12-13.

I guess this is called marketing, but lets wait for GTO's review for a correct measure.

Last edited by echo77 : 12th August 2010 at 14:31.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:28   #168
Senior - BHPian

Great scoop. Is vento at the dealerships or not yet? I know its available from 6th sept onwards, but any idea when can we get to see it in showrooms?

Awaiting the detailed GTO style review for this new babe in town. Hope GTO covers all 3 variants, PETROL, PETROL AUTO & DIESEL.

I have a feeling the diesel will be a killer looking at its pricing and the claimed mileage figures.

WAITING..
Old 12th August 2010, 14:41   #169
Senior - BHPian

FYI
Just spoke to E-Lite motors Bangalore. They are yet not revealing the on-road prices in Bangalore, but collecting the booking amt. of 50K and can be refundable without any deductions.
Demo vehicle is expected to arrive at the end of this month.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:43   #170
Senior - BHPian

Nice prices. And good features. I was more interested at what was under the hood. The Polo was a disappointment.

A point that I would like to point out is the VW did not repeat the mistake of providing underpowered engines as they did with the Polo. The engines aren't scorchers but I think they would be adequate.

The torque figures on the diesel 250Nm @ 1500 -2500 rpm look awesome. A full 100Nm up on the petrol. The in gear performance of this baby should be something to look forward along with the VW handling.

This is the same 1.6 that is tuned to produce 120bhp in the Polo Cup right. Lots of potential as it is "mildly tuned" in the Polo Cup

However given the current wait and the reported quality issues VW is facing with it's suppliers, I would think it would do good to wait for a year and let them settle down before going for a purchase.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:43   #171
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

Don't take it so personally mate
Not at all! I am just suggesting posting quality comments and adding value than just making a bashing of other brands. Hardly matters to me who sells more,as i posted all i want is more competition= better service, that's all! Not that much to choose from the offerings and soon there will be nothing, except the quality of service and support that will distinguish a winning brand from the rest.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:46   #172
SCH
BHPian

A lot of members have written about the DIESEL VENTO ; in my opinion it is the Petrol Highline version which will sell most and will give a direct fight to Honda City ..........

And BTW I drive a 2004 NHC.

Last edited by SCH : 12th August 2010 at 14:49.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:46   #173
BHPian

Check the major difference between Trendline and Highline variants
IMHO,Treandline seems simply basic and little overpriced.
  • Alloy wheel - 15 "
  • Dual airbags, driver and co-driver sid
  • ‘Climatronic’ automatic air conditioning with rear AC vents, dust and pollen fi lter
  • ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
  • All 4 power windows with one-touch up and down
  • Electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors
  • Height-adjustable driver’s seat
  • Multi-function display includes digital speed display, fuel effi ciency, distance till empty and service reminder
  • Metallic/Pearl effect paint
  • Remote control for central locking, with 2 foldable keys for ease of carrying in the pocket
  • Remote opening of boot lid with key remote
  • Remote opening and closing of windows with key remote
  • Fog lights, front and rear
  • Anti-theft system with interior surveillance and back-up alarm
  • Rear centre armrest
  • Storage pockets on front seat backs
  • Genuine leather wrapped steering wheel, gearshift knob, handbrake lever and gearshift boot
  • Body-coloured exterior door handles and mirrors
Its worth to go for a Highline
Old 12th August 2010, 14:52   #174
Senior - BHPian

Maybe they would like customers to visit the dealership looking at the Trendline prices but walk out upgrading to Highline after seeing the features and the value.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:56   #175
Senior - BHPian

Nearly a 1.25 lakh difference between trendline & highline sounds wierd.

What are the expected features for trendline in that case!? The bare bone version of the Vento!?
Old 12th August 2010, 14:58   #176
BHPian

Aggressive pricing from VW. The diesel option is the one which should set the sales charts on fire in this diesel-loving market called India. This is where VW should have an advantage over the Honda which refuses to launch a diesel car in India citing fuel quality issues. If VW can get its dealer network, A-S-S and spares pricing right, they should have a winner on hand.

Lack of ABS/airbags on the base version is . This is the only area where Honda can brag about having all safety features across all their variants (its another story that Honda City didn't even have ABS/airbags option in the first ZX and earlier variants).
Old 12th August 2010, 14:58   #177
BHPian

Quote:
1. Petrol manual- 15.6 kmpl
2. Petrol automatic- 14.5 kmpl
Isn't the DSG autobox supposed to be more efficient than a torque converter?

FE: 15.6 (MT) - 14.5 (AT) = 1.1 (7% less efficient)

ANHC:
FE: 16.5 (MT) - 16.1 (AT) = 0.4 (2.5% less efficient)

(ARAI figures)
Old 12th August 2010, 15:00   #178
BHPian

The engine specs (both petrol & diesel) are just AWESOME.

While people seem to be overawed by the competitive pricing of the base version (trendline).
If you look closely at the pricing of Highline, it's substantially expensive than competitors.

Petrol
1.6L Petrol Highline : 823,500
Verna 1.6 SX VTVT : 750,869
Maruti SX4 ZXI MT : 767040.76
Linea Emotion PK Petrol : 765,674

Diesel
1.6L Diesel Highline : 923,500
Verna 1.5 SX CRDi VGT : 857,626
Linea Emotion PK : 868,416

And well, regarding denting city sales .... we all know it .... ANHC pricing is in a league of it's own. City will still sell for the H brand.

Last edited by neotraveller : 12th August 2010 at 15:03.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:01   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Nearly a 1.25 lakh difference between trendline & highline sounds wierd.

What are the expected features for trendline in that case!? The bare bone version of the Vento!?
Trendline is like the Altis J. Nothing but bare basics. It looks like they wanted a good price point to start with.

The Highline is 80k less than ANHC VMT, making it very attractive alternative for prospective VMT buyers.

The Highline AT is just about 50k less than ANHC VAT, making things a bit more confusing for the AT buyer.

Last edited by echo77 : 12th August 2010 at 15:03.
Old 12th August 2010, 15:03   #180
BHPian

It's indeed a cracker of a pricing @ 6.99. A lot of variants to choose from, gives VW a good market span in the segment, the top end Petrol/Diesel Highline comes with lot of bells and whistles. Lets see what the measured t-bhp test drive says.
The long term sales would be defined with a blend of product reliability, product support and brand positioning. Need to wait and watch the strategy once the initial euphoria and the dust settles down, we would then be in a position to separate the men from the boys !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed