Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 19:03   #211
BHPian

Vento Boot space

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Agreed there will be a coupla extra inches for the poor rear passenger's legs. Shoulder room will still be bad, as it is in Polo. Boot is miniscule compared to other sedans.

And the pricing isn't exactly VFM now, is it?

So, not quite sure what the hullaballoo is all about!!
Spoke with one of the dealers in Mumbai and was informed that the boot size is about 490 litres (approx.) So, I guess that would not amount to a puny boot - even taking into account the wheel protruding into the boot areas like in Punto.
Old 12th August 2010, 19:16   #212
BHPian

Another surprise from VW ; Killer pricing like Polo 1.6
VW is trying to sell more HL than TL

Good to know that they are filling the vacuum in the premium market ,1.2 and 1.6 Hot hatch
now Vento @ 7. lk ,

5 star to GTO's thread and VW

Awaiting for GTO's review
Old 12th August 2010, 19:26   #213
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is well-placed for me because:

- I presume (going by how the Polo moves) the Vento will be a much better handler as compared to the ANHC
- The diesel will be a great option. With the Linea suffering from Fiat's brand image, the Fiesta being underpowered, the Verna with its poor handling and the ANHC not even offering one; I guess the diesel should really shake the tree.
- The interiors and the build quality ought to be better than the ANHC (going by the Polo). If not better, at least at par.
- I feel people should stop comparing the base versions alone. The fully kitted ones show that the Vento makes for a much more reasonable buy.

On a personal front, if priced right I would prefer the Linea T-Jet for petrol and the Vento for diesel.
Old 12th August 2010, 19:37   #214
BHPian

Don't think the Vento is that great a deal, looking at the Polo with its underpowered & high levels of NVH petrol engine, with low end plastics & cost cutting evident, no way do i feel the Polo as a premium German product. The NVH is way high too.Looks more to me like VW brought down the quality levels to match Maruti.

Even then, they are still struggling to produce enough Polo's giving lame excuses & laying the blame on vendors etc.

I don't think the Vento is anywhere close to the ANHC in terms of quality. Honda will remain Honda & speaking from experience of having experienced all the generations of the City, the premium one pays upfront is for the quality that goes into each of the Honda products.

The petrol Vento challenging the City ? No ways !! The diesel on the other hand may give sleepless nights to the others in the segment. The maintenance costs are another unknown area.

The existing service network of Honda established all over also will surely make customers think twice.
Old 12th August 2010, 19:57   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The auto in the Vento is NOT a DSG as mentioned in the other Vento thread. It is a normal autobox.
Does this mean it's a 1 lakh premium for a torque converter and no paddle shifts?
Old 12th August 2010, 19:57   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I presume (going by how the Polo moves) the Vento will be a much better handler as compared to the ANHC
The Polo is not a great handler. Read the various test drives and even the T-BHP official test drive, it is not in the league of Punto/Figo.It is a good handler no doubt not great.
- The interiors and the build quality ought to be better than the ANHC (going by the Polo). If not better, at least at par.

What makes you say so? What is so great about the Polo interiors anyway? Can you clarify? It's good and well fit but nothing that catches your eye - the same standard boring design! Again, decent but not great
If you are extrapolating from the Polo, then the engines does not sound to be promising! Isn't it?
Old 12th August 2010, 19:58   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

fellow team mates,

Lets hold on for some time before making any comments in or against the product. Atleast we got to know the pricing now -- lets wait for the first comprehensive review as well. For me, the pricing is good -- i will still wait to see whether the product is upto the mark -- whether it justifies the price or not! but a diesel in that segment is definitely a welcome addition.

For me, the build quality / plastics / ride comfort etc will make more sense rather than some accessories. Again thats purely personal choice.

Plus if they dont manage the waiting periods, am sure they are going to have some serious trouble. Its disappointing to see the waiting period for the Polo already !! its going to be another Dzire story. the question here is that will customers be ready to wait that long [like Dzire] for Vento!

GTO !! Are you already testing the machine -- taking a day's leave? Five star for the thread and your enthusiasm. When I read your first post, I could feel the same enthusiasm that i had when i posted the Figo scoop pics, the same enthusiasm which all Newbies have and that was quite lovely -- there is no age limit for loving and living cars !!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th August 2010 at 20:00.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:08   #218
oss
BHPian

All the excitement shows how much people wanted a fair priced alternative to ANHC, but this only holds good if the product/performance is as good as ANHC.

Think calling Vento VFM is over the top - how can it be VFM when on an average it is more than a lakh costlier to comparable versions of its competitors, save ANHC.

It is 1.3 lakh costlier than Fiesta; agreed Fiesta is an old model now, and Vento will probably have few centimeters (just few) of additional rear space, but 1.3lakhs....pls.

Let us wait and see how the engine performs before coming to any conclusions.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:29   #219
BHPian

VW is perhaps just dangling a carrot with Trendline pricing. i think most people will eventually lean towards Highline. in which case the pricing isnt all that killer.
it has to be a concious decision to not have an auto on the Highline diesel, if they plonked one in the price would easily cross 10.5L
Old 12th August 2010, 20:31   #220
BHPian

All 4 anti pinch windows - This is great!!
Old 12th August 2010, 20:45   #221
BHPian

Killer pricing especially for the base model. VW has certainly big plans for India. Waiting eagerly for the test drive report from you, GTO.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:53   #222
BHPian

This thread has gone into 15 pages for Wow & exclaimation over flattering price of Vento!

@ GTO, kindly post a TD report
A price of Rs.6.99 is a clever move by VW, actually Highline@ Rs.8.23 lacs is not VFM at all.
Let us see how Fiat comes up with pricing of Linea T-jet! IMO, VFM car should be Toyota Etios!

Last edited by breezydrive : 12th August 2010 at 21:06.
Old 12th August 2010, 21:03   #223
BHPian

Killer pricing from VW.
If they can reduce waiting time, Honda is surely going to have to rethink their strategy (price?) to sustain sales.
If you compare the Petrols', the difference between the Vento Highline and City 1.5VMT is INR 82000 - not a small amount.
POLO test reports clearly mention that handling, steering response and stability are amongst the best in class. One can expect similar characteristics from the Vento as well.
The Vento engines are not the same, uninspiring ones as the POLO, so performance may not be an issue.
Interiors, though may seem of an older design, no one has claimed that they are of bad quality. Understated is a better word, perhaps.
Equipments levels, I feel, will be key to how the Vento competes again the City as an overall package, in addition to Service quality and Dealership behavior in general.
Anyhow, the battle lines are drawn in this segment too...its a great time to be an Indian Customer...
Old 12th August 2010, 21:12   #224
Senior - BHPian

Like Micra making Airbags common on all variants. VW should have done the responsible thing by making ABS common on all variants.
Old 12th August 2010, 21:27   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I presume (going by how the Polo moves) the Vento will be a much better handler as compared to the ANHC
The Polo is not a great handler. Read the various test drives and even the T-BHP official test drive, it is not in the league of Punto/Figo.It is a good handler no doubt not great.
I have test driven the Polo, the Figo and the ANHC for around 7-8 kms. I have driven the Punto for over 2000 kms.

I think I am gonna go with my opinion, where I feel that the Polo is an accomplished handler.

I do agree that the Punto and Figo are better, but that is by a small margin.
The ANHC on the other hand is much worse. No use of the power, if it isn't fun to use on anything other than a straight.
Quote:
Quote:
What makes you say so? What is so great about the Polo interiors anyway? Can you clarify? It's good and well fit but nothing that catches your eye - the same standard boring design! Again, decent but not great
This is very subjective. I was attracted to the simplistic practical design coupled with the good quality offered by VW in the Polo.
Going by rumours that the Vento gets slightly better interiors, I would stand by what I said.

Quote:
If you are extrapolating from the Polo, then the engines does not sound to be promising! Isn't it?
You are just kidding me now, aren't you?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks