Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2010, 21:50   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
One thing I didn't understand

For Highline - 15 inch alloy wheels (04 Nos.) + 14 inch steel spare wheel

14" Spare Wheel??
Does it mean 3 (15") + 1 (14") wheel combination if case of Puncture???

Cannot digest it.

I think you do not need to worry. I can assure you that the OD of the wheel will be the same.

I use 17" alloys on my skoda octy, but my spare is 15" steel with a perfectly matched OD of the wheel, no sweat

Hope you get the picture ?

Cheers
Old 12th August 2010, 22:20   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
Does this mean it's a 1 lakh premium for a torque converter and no paddle shifts?
Not cool IMO. Meaningless to charge a 1 lakh premium for a normal 6 speed auto box (though triptronic) over stick shift.
Old 12th August 2010, 22:28   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I have test driven the Polo, the Figo and the ANHC for around 7-8 kms. I have driven the Punto for over 2000 kms.

I think I am gonna go with my opinion, where I feel that the Polo is an accomplished handler.

I do agree that the Punto and Figo are better, but that is by a small margin.
The ANHC on the other hand is much worse. No use of the power, if it isn't fun to use on anything other than a straight.

This is very subjective. I was attracted to the simplistic practical design coupled with the good quality offered by VW in the Polo.
Going by rumours that the Vento gets slightly better interiors, I would stand by what I said.

You are just kidding me now, aren't you?
Is the ANHC's interior really that bad? I haven't spent too much time with the City but I didn't find the interiors bad though

No kidding mate, everybody knows Polo's engines are the weakest point of the car along with the cramped rear. Anyway, lets talk about Vento. I do not think the petrol Vento will be anywhere close to the City's awesome engine.
Right now, all speculation and nothing else!
Old 12th August 2010, 22:31   #229
BHPian

Comeon GTO, 24 hrs and 16 pages gone.

Can you atleast publish some teaser photos and hint about what you TDed? Petrol or Diesel?

Last edited by druva : 12th August 2010 at 22:32.
Old 12th August 2010, 22:46   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Is the ANHC's interior really that bad? I haven't spent too much time with the City but I didn't find the interiors bad though

No kidding mate, everybody knows Polo's engines are the weakest point of the car along with the cramped rear. Anyway, lets talk about Vento. I do not think the petrol Vento will be anywhere close to the City's awesome engine.
Right now, all speculation and nothing else!
The ANHC has decent (or even great) interiors. It might even be at par with the Vento's. I am personally a huge fan of the Polo's interiors. They are simple, yet elegant.

We can't talk of the Polo's engines when we speak of the Vento. The engines are completely different. And, I am very sure that the diesel at least will be awesome (thats what I can see from the dyno)... Heck! even the petrol churns out a respectable 105 bhp.
We do think of Fiesta as more of a driver's car than the ANHC despite it offering lower figures. There is a lot that goes into making the car a joy to drive, and for me...handling is right up there, even above performance.
Old 12th August 2010, 22:56   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ANHC has decent (or even great) interiors. It might even be at par with the Vento's. I am personally a huge fan of the Polo's interiors. They are simple, yet elegant.

We can't talk of the Polo's engines when we speak of the Vento. The engines are completely different. And, I am very sure that the diesel at least will be awesome (thats what I can see from the dyno)... Heck! even the petrol churns out a respectable 105 bhp.
We do think of Fiesta as more of a driver's car than the ANHC despite it offering lower figures. There is a lot that goes into making the car a joy to drive, and for me...handling is right up there, even above performance.
Agree with you regarding the handling part..the Fiesta is the best driver's car in the segment by a huge margin! The Fiesta engine produces less power than the City's but matches or betters the City in the outright acceleration as well as the in-gear ones and the handling is best-in-class! The Fiesta's 1.6 engine is a gem..If the Vento's engine is as good as the Fiesta's, then it will be more than a match of the City but I do not think it will be.
On the other hand, I feel the diesel will be the scorcher and steal the show!
Old 12th August 2010, 23:15   #232
Senior - BHPian

Very apt prediction!

After seeing the torque climb to 250NM under 1500, I am still sort of dazed!

Killer acceleration... with a tuning box, one can expect quite decent power gains!
Old 12th August 2010, 23:17   #233
Senior - BHPian

well swell pricing by VW. Expected them to charge higher premium. There seem to be neat touches and HL has good features. TL is basic. However, build, ride & handling should be good being a VW.
No ABS on TL is a thumbs down - make that 2 thumbs down :-(
Actually, they should have made ABS and 2xairbags on all models - here Honda shines and Nissan has done well with Micra - would have been better to charge ~30k more on TL and provide basic safety features.
Apart from that, the features look good esp on CL. Engine tech wise, the diesel is great with that high torque. Petrol engine wise, the 1.6L engine is low-tech and out of sorts when you compare
Vento P 1.6l -> 103ps
ANHC 1.5l -> 118ps

GTO, when do we get your 'official' TD report ?
Old 12th August 2010, 23:46   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Actually, they should have made ABS and 2xairbags on all models - here Honda shines and Nissan has done well with Micra - would have been better to charge ~30k more on TL and provide basic safety features.
Had they charged 30K extra, they would have missed the 6.99L. This single number is the only thing which has left the crowd go gaga over the Vento. Look at every auto blog/site/magazine, even this thread, the title reads 6.99. Only when you look inside you get the real picture. I bet lot of other people who posted earlier including me would have settled down from the initial perception by now.

The 6.99 figure is just to create the perception that it is affordable. The real deal is only in highline which is costlier by a huge margin.
Old 12th August 2010, 23:59   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Very apt prediction!

After seeing the torque climb to 250NM under 1500, I am still sort of dazed!

Killer acceleration... with a tuning box, one can expect quite decent power gains!

Mwahahaha. Already did some research, it goes upto 125/132bhp and 300/320nm with the psi tuning box. It will be one HELL of a stonker then.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 13th August 2010 at 00:03.
Old 13th August 2010, 00:03   #236
BHPian

Yes, i completely agree with you all. While the Trendline price of 7.99 helped create the perception of an affordable diesel car, in reality it offered no features at all. Its so bare bones that its like owning a price inflated Dzire Ldi. Now that i too have settled from the intial euphoria, i can only think that the trendline pricing is a marketing gimmick. All that VW cares about is Highline Sales.

When compared to its immediate diesel competition, the vento is the most expensive diesel car in the market. Also, in the petrol segment, I think that the ANHC is still technically a superior car

Last edited by acidkill : 13th August 2010 at 00:05.
Old 13th August 2010, 00:07   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Mwahahaha. Already did some research, it goes upto 125/132bhp and 300/320nm with the psi tuning box. It will be one HELL of a stonker then.

WICKED!

And if that sort of torque is available early on in the rev band...

Pray tell me that the transmission is capable enough to handle that kind of power!
Old 13th August 2010, 00:14   #238
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry for hijacking the conversation, but I just couldn't agree more. Looks are indeed subjective, but the interiors of the Polo - and the vento as far as I could manage to notice - albeit simple, are superbly elegant.

Handling as far as the HC is concerned has always been a shadow-spot, while on this count VW manages to top the charts.
Old 13th August 2010, 00:23   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
LOL man... this is why I like Team BHP
Old 13th August 2010, 01:27   #240
BHPian

Quote:
I bet lot of other people who posted earlier including me would have settled down from the initial perception by now.
count me in... TD or no TD... I continue with booking the car I was supposed to book

wonder if GTO got stuck in the TD car and it broke down in the middle of nowhere... after all, don't they make it in the same place as a skoda?

Last edited by echo77 : 13th August 2010 at 01:40.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks