Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 11:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes Benz launches the E350 Cabriolet in India

Mercedes Benz launches the E350 Cabriolet in India-pic-1.jpg

Mercedes Benz launches the E350 Cabriolet in India-pic-2.jpg

Mercedes Benz launches the E350 Cabriolet in India-pic-3.jpg

Mercedes Benz launches the E350 Cabriolet!

Powered by the same 3.5 V6 272 hp petrol engine from the E 350 coupe and sedan, the price band is 64.50 lakhs ex showroom Delhi.

Features include The AIRCAP® automatic draught-stop: always on board and easily controllable at the push of a button, it reduces turbulence substantially for all four seat occupants.

AIRCAP® consists of two components: a wind deflector that can be extended by around six centimetres with a net in the windscreen frame and a draught-stop between the rear seats.
The functions of the two components:
  • Elevation of the free flow above the interior
  • Net at the front increases the basic pressure in the interior
  • Draught-stop at the rear reduces the backflow
As well as enhancing occupant comfort and wellbeing, the reduction in draught when AIRCAP® is activated (it can be activated at speeds of up to 160 km/h and remains in use right up to the car's top speed) reduces the interior noise level - so passengers in all seats find it far easier to communicate.

EDIT by GTO : From the official press release:

Quote:
Mercedes-Benz India introduces the seventh offering within its E-Class range with debut of the New E-Class Cabriolet in India

• A four seater, soft top convertible with a 3.5 litre engine churns an output of 272hp (@6000 rpm) and 355 Nm (@ 2400 – 5000 rpm) of torque
• New innovative introductions with AIRCAP ®, introduced for the first time in India

This E-Class is complete with a retractable soft top roof and offers comfortable seating for four people.

It combines comfort, elegance and year-round usability with the premiere feature of the AIRCAP®. AIRCAP® is an automatic wind deflector that can be deployed at the touch of a button to significantly reduce turbulence in the vehicle’s interior. It also dispenses with the assembly required for conventional wind deflectors and leaves the side profile of the Cabriolet undisturbed.

The production standard sound-dampening soft top comes with high-quality insulation. Thus, the closed E-Class Cabriolet offers one of the quietest interiors in the segment of four-seater premium soft-top cabriolets. The top can be open or closed at the touch of a button in only 20 seconds – even while driving at speeds of up to 40 km/h. Like all E-Class models, the Cabriolet also offers an outstanding level of safety with standard equipment that include the ATTENTION ASSIST drowsiness detection system, PRE-SAFE® predictive occupant protection, the intelligent light system among others. The E-Class E 350 Cabriolet sports a 3.5 litre engine delivering an output of 272 hp and a torque of 355 Nm.

The E-Class Cabriolet is priced at INR 64.5 lakhs as per ex-showroom Delhi pricing.

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2010 at 19:25. Reason: Adding official press release to your post
Old 17th August 2010, 13:41   #2
BHPian

It sounds expensive.

I did not like the shark fin antenna on the boot. Looks out of place!!
Old 17th August 2010, 13:50   #3

It would have been great if they had launched this in the C-class variant. Making and trying to sell a cabriolet in the E-expensive class doesn't make sense to me.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Come on..!!This does not look good.
Old 17th August 2010, 14:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

What's on the inside edges of each seat? And yes, the antenna on the boot looks like an afterthought or a cheap mod.

I checked out the E-Coupe last week, and it was quite a looker, I have to admit. Will only decide about the coupe when i see it for myself, but this might turn out to be one of those lifestyle vehicles.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:22   #6
BHPian

@flyingspur - I think they are controls for the heated seats and seat adjustment.

Merc are on a roll here. Every new launch is making it to India. The antenna has been relocated to the boot lid due to the absence of a solid roof. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Ruins the rear end looks in my opinion. WOnder how Merc overlooked this
Old 17th August 2010, 16:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbu64 View Post
It would have been great if they had launched this in the C-class variant. Making and trying to sell a cabriolet in the E-expensive class doesn't make sense to me.

That is coming very soon. C Class Coupe is already being tested, i am sure once coupe is out. MB is going to make C Class convertible too to combat BMW 3 Series. That might even face extinction of the E Cabrio, or maybe Mercedes may move it to a more upmarket position to compete with the BMW 6 series and the likes.
Mercedes has not launched the E63 Convertible and i have heard they have no plans of it. Maybe because they may launch the C 63 Coupe and Convertible in future.
Old 17th August 2010, 17:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

The E-cabrio looks gorgeous!!! I wonder why doesn't BMW bring its 3-series coupes and cabrios in India. I'm sure it would achieve good sales even if brought the CBU route.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:02   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been seeing a couple of E coupes in Mumbai. I quite like it now, looks much better in person. The rear gives it a very sporty stance, much like the M3.
This version will be a treat to gun down the sea link

Last edited by Sahil : 17th August 2010 at 18:03.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:27   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Sid : As always, you created a thread before the information was officially released! Have add the pics + info to your post itself. Thanks
Old 17th August 2010, 19:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

For a change, an E-Class product looks better than the models on stage. I think Mercedes finally got the message.
Old 17th August 2010, 20:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Somehow this looks more sharper and tauter than the Coupe.also better alloys.
Old 17th August 2010, 21:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
@flyingspur - I think they are controls for the heated seats and seat adjustment.
Seat adjustment on the doors just like any other Merc.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

All honesty i dont like the looks of the E sedan, coupe & the cabrio now ! No prejudices against Merc but seriously...NOT a fan of these looks
Old 18th August 2010, 12:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

The perfect competition to BMW. I dont mean in comparrision to the power of the 650ci but purely as a convertible to another. The E some might not like, but give her time to grow on you and you'll realise she is not that bad a looker and a good mover to make your hair fly in the right amounts. I quite like the car and have been waiting for her for a long time now. The rear seating is comfortable with two full grown adults in them and this would be a plus to Mercedes. The pricing for India is also agressive and not over the top as feared. Looking forward to seeing lots of them on the road soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks