Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 11:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
My friend, thats where the whole issue lies, accountability...Just privatization does not help, since the private players too get in the RTO mould sooner than expected and start to act as Gods.
Well, if we were to discuss about accountability & Govt, we all know it never goes together.

What need to be in is competition; if you see the examples I provided, till date none of the people working in those companies are accountable; however the organization as such is accountable. This is the point I'm trying to make.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Oh so u have the card is it ? in that case i suppose i should be getting the card and NOT the RC book in 2 months time.
Hopefully Talegaon has implemented the smart card system. i20 took six weeks, and the Beemer also took about that much I think. Andheri.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:38   #33
BHPian

Just a point guys....another Audi owner reported a similar problem at the starting of this thread. How does the dealer magically realize the RTO mistake after the car is sent in for servicing? Is this some weird collusion case where the dealer and RTO might be hand in glove for some minor gain with the process?
Old 20th August 2010, 12:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_chill View Post
Is this some weird collusion case where the dealer and RTO might be hand in glove for some minor gain with the process?
Hard to imagine. What could they possibly gain ? I mean, any owner in his senses would sue them if they even thought of asking for a fee at the time of RE-registration. When this scene happened day before , had they asked for any money for the so called REAL and registered number, i would have created a hue n cry !
Old 20th August 2010, 14:20   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
As for RTO functioning, Delhi used to have 3 authorities about a decade ago and it was a mess. Today Delhi (not NCR just Delhi) has 24 RTOs(&counting) all computerised and each and every 4 & 2 wheeler showroom is online. A vehicle is delivered with complete documentation right from the showroom with number plates, RC etc no visits to the RTO at all.

If Delhi can do it any other state can do it too.
If they had the money? Delhi is the most highly subsidized place (per capita) in India (maybe J&K matches it). We all exist only to feed and pamper Delhi.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wo..going through these posts i realized...what happened with me isnt a rarity atall !!
Its not a rarity atall my friend. This has been happening from the 90's (from when i remember). The latest was when i got the ML had all formalities done paid for my so called VIP no and have been using the car when they tell me i have to change the number as there was some problem. I was to send the car back to Silvassa and take another no. I told him i wanted the same no or then four same digits. They asked to pay again and i refused, stating that i had already paid for a number and due to RTO errors i have to change my plates. They declined and all i did was send the car back to the showroom and asked for a full refund. Within 24 hours i was informed my number issue was rectified and i need not change plates.

Quote:
Oh so u have the card is it ? in that case i suppose i should be getting the card and NOT the RC book in 2 months time. Btw, the beemer is Andheri or Worli registered ?
You would get the card and not the Rc book like old times. I got mine for my BMW from worli in 3 weeks.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
We all exist only to feed and pamper Delhi.
DITTO my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Its not a rarity atall my friend. This has been happening from the 90's (from when i remember). The latest was when i got the ML had all formalities done paid for my so called VIP no and have been using the car when they tell me i have to change the number as there was some problem. I was to send the car back to Silvassa and take another no. I told him i wanted the same no or then four same digits. They asked to pay again and i refused, stating that i had already paid for a number and due to RTO errors i have to change my plates. They declined and all i did was send the car back to the showroom and asked for a full refund. Within 24 hours i was informed my number issue was rectified and i need not change plates.
con-men in the real sense aint they ? sad part is, unlike you ( whoz aware of how things function here ), many straight forward people might be falling prey to these tactics and even paying up at times ! purpose served for these chors. All the more reason for them to carry on

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 20th August 2010 at 16:31.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Now that is a very unfair statement, sounds more like a case of sour grapes.

More than money, it was the foresight of the then ACP traffic Maxwell Pareira who set up the system with the original 3 RTOs. Initially only MUL dealerships were integrated and there was a lot of resistance and furore but once the online network was up & running, people realized the benefits and accepted the same. Slowly it encompassed all dealerships and since then it has just grown along with the city.

Quote:
If they had the money? Delhi is the most highly subsidized place (per capita) in India (maybe J&K matches it). We all exist only to feed and pamper Delhi.
Old 20th August 2010, 17:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Not really. You gotta live in delhi for a month NOW to get a feel. We are paying taxes that keep going UP and are getting a dug up city in return. And whatever road remains is taken over by pilot cars of VIP/VVIPs from other states. The best managed part of delhi ( NDMC area) is occupied by 80% non-delhites. and most 'poor' people living in delhi money order their incomes to other states and live here on footpaths.

I'm not walking the MH - shivsena line. I'm just trying to clarify on your statement. It' not delhi that' pampered. It' more like the pampered ones from other states are all sitting here.

Sincere apologies for going OT.

Delhi has an efficient RTO setup, as well as a better police setup. Basically because the security threats here are way higher.

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 20th August 2010 at 17:57.
Old 21st August 2010, 09:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
Not really. You gotta live in delhi for a month NOW to get a feel. We are paying taxes that keep going UP and are getting a dug up city in return. And whatever road remains is taken over by pilot cars of VIP/VVIPs from other states. The best managed part of delhi ( NDMC area) is occupied by 80% non-delhites. and most 'poor' people living in delhi money order their incomes to other states and live here on footpaths.

I'm not walking the MH - shivsena line. I'm just trying to clarify on your statement. It' not delhi that' pampered. It' more like the pampered ones from other states are all sitting here.

Sincere apologies for going OT.

Delhi has an efficient RTO setup, as well as a better police setup. Basically because the security threats here are way higher.
by better police setup, do u mean traffic police specifically ?
Here in Mumbai, all the bribes apart, i actually admire the way the traffic pandus manage all the chaos at peak hour when the situation seems so impossible. No complaints on that account atleast.
The efficient RTO set up that your city has seems NON EXISTENT here ! lol
Old 21st August 2010, 12:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
con-men in the real sense aint they ? sad part is, unlike you ( whoz aware of how things function here ), many straight forward people might be falling prey to these tactics and even paying up at times ! purpose served for these chors. All the more reason for them to carry on
, con men to the core.

I am as straight forward as they come my friend . I like taking things in black and white and i know one thing if i have paid for something and can prove it, then i am king. I always ask for a number and i dont take whats given. This is because have burnt my fingers in the past and i know i would have a reciept that i insist the dealership gives me. Many owners who ask for special nombers do not bother about the reciept after they get their no. The RTO is now computer savvy and records are no longer written by hand, so if you are given a number it has been recorded, further more if it is a no asked for and have a reciept, then all these guys are doing is making you change the number cause someone else is willing to pay more.

Last edited by speedy : 21st August 2010 at 12:03.
Old 22nd August 2010, 13:13   #42
BANNED

There is much more to this business of incorrect registration numbers than oversight or mistakes. Without sounding like a conspiracy theorist, fact remains, a lot of taxes, duties and other things like octroi are evaded or simply forged, never paid. In addition there is this issue of whether it really is a new car or not. Stolen cars are also making their grand appearance, one estimate is that one out of three luxury cars being registered in India this year will have some track record from somewhere else.

This episode, however, seems to take the cake. But then, that's Mumbai - the RTO chief from Andheri was apparently one of the financial backers for an IPL team?

IPL Row: Who is Rendezvous' Ravi Gaikwad - Entertainment - Media/Entertainment - News By Industry - News - The Economic Times

Good luck to you when you buy expensive cars in MH . . . .
Old 25th August 2010, 10:24   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malq View Post

This episode, however, seems to take the cake. But then, that's Mumbai - the RTO chief from Andheri was apparently one of the financial backers for an IPL team?

really ? lol . Living not too far from andheri , i wasnt aware of that . LOL
Old 26th August 2010, 02:24   #44
BHPian

R.T.O babus and their sidekicks are the same everywhere. What's surprising is that there was no effort by the RTO to contact the owner to rectify this mistake.

So, finally, is your A4 back to her original glory? got pics? its always a pleasure to ogle at this beautiful machine.
Old 26th August 2010, 11:58   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
The best managed part of delhi ( NDMC area) is occupied by 80% non-delhites. and most 'poor' people living in delhi money order their incomes to other states and live here on footpaths.
Yes get rid of all non-Delhi wallahs (i.e, who have been in Delhi for under 5 generations) and you will be left with a population probably less that 1 lac. Also, once the politicos and babus go, the gravy train will dry up, and you will see what we mean. Taxes are going up across the land due to the increasingly corrupt and inefficient government.

The prosperity of Delhi is due to the immigrants! Whether you like the migrant labour settlements or not is up to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks