Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 12:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti SX4 royale (dealer limited edition) launched in mumbai and goa

Maruti SX4 royale (dealer limited edition) launched in mumbai and goa-sx4-royale.jpg

Maruti SX4 Royale limited edition launched | Goa On Wheels

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki has launched the SX4 Royale a dealer limited edition on SX4 Vxi and SX4 Zxi which comes with host of attractive features. The SX4 Royale has been launched in Mumbai and Goa. The features are added on the dealer side. With VW launching the Vento at a killer price, Maruti decided to add more excitement to the SX4 in order to attract more customers and cash on the coming festive season.
  • ORVM with indicator
  • Sporty spoiler
  • Feel leather seat covers
  • Leather wrapped steering cover
  • Reverse parking sensor
  • Bluetooth compatible integrated stereo
  • Transparent floor mat
  • Door sill guard
  • Reading light
  • Stylish Royale decal
  • Four years of extended warranty
  • Maruti Suzuki Auto card
  • And Rs 8000/- of shopper stop gift vouchers!!!
Maruti SX4 royale (dealer limited edition) launched in mumbai and goa-sx4-royale-features.jpg
Old 20th August 2010, 12:50   #2
BHPian

Nice additions to existing package, so how much does this cost over the normal version???
Old 20th August 2010, 12:59   #3
BHPian

wow, thats really catchy features. Why dont that add CNG Kit with it too ? yea i know its too much to ask

btw, whats Maruti Suzuki Auto card ??

really curious to know the pricing !!

Last edited by Butters : 20th August 2010 at 13:01.
Old 20th August 2010, 13:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think this must be an upgrade of the VXi variant with addtional features thrown in. The Zxi variant already has an leather seat option. The Vxi cost 7.43L+ ex thane so this must be expected around something close.

There is no information about the limited edition on the website atleast.
Old 20th August 2010, 13:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This is great, specially the reverse sensors, if only they could improve the quality of plastics and offer better deals on used car exchange.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
btw, whats Maruti Suzuki Auto card ??
That's nothing but a Citibank credit card!

Quote:
And Rs 8000/- of shopper stop gift vouchers!!!
Where do we use SS gift vouchers in Goa?? They don't have a store in Goa. Or do they now?
Old 20th August 2010, 14:54   #7
BHPian

Wow that's a lot of perks to add into the original package, but wonder why only in Mumbai and Goa. They don't sell much of Sx4 there/ or it will be launched elsewhere also after seeing the response?
Ideally speaking all company should sell cars of all variants with all the basic stuff like Floor mats, parking sensor, Autocop, tinted glass, seat covers and it should be made a must.
I don't know of anyone driving their car without car mats and about 90% of the people get the rest like tinted glass, seat covers and so on.
No one i know of buys the car and drive it just like it is.
This is some way the company reduces the cost on the cars to meet the Indian's shallow pocket

Real funny things added and subtracted btw variants. Back then Hyundai use to give only right side rear view mirror for santro ( How cheap can they get ) Don't know what they would have lost by throwing in one more rear view mirror.

Anyways sticking to the thread, Its a welcome step by the MS. SX4 is definitely an awesome machine and now with added advantages. Wonder whats the pricing like.
Must be good 20k more. any idea anyone ?
Old 20th August 2010, 15:08   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I think this must be an upgrade of the VXi variant with addtional features thrown in. The Zxi variant already has an leather seat option. The Vxi cost 7.43L+ ex thane so this must be expected around something close.

There is no information about the limited edition on the website atleast.
I think otherwise. The picture shown has alloys and front fog lamps whereas the Vxi doesn't come with these.

Last edited by atrisarkar : 20th August 2010 at 15:09.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Back then Hyundai use to give only right side rear view mirror for santro ( How cheap can they get ) Don't know what they would have lost by throwing in one more rear view mirror.
Even Maruti used to do that---my WagonR came with a single ORVM.

Coming to the topic, Maruti had better keep the prices at the same level if they really want to withstand the Vento craze. Looks like they have been bitten by the Ford bug with this 'Limited Edition'.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:05   #10
BHPian

Nice features. But to me they seem to be desperate attempts to increase the SX4 sales. But anyway good luck to MS .
Old 20th August 2010, 16:13   #11
BANNED

Poor old Ettoire (Bugatti to the uninitiated) must be turning in his grave. The name he gave to his masterpiece first hijacked by GM (Opel) and now Maruti.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:30   #12
BHPian

Probably some kind of test marketing to see if they can take the SX4 to a more upmarket positioning. I hope these products are not some after market fitments that look tacky!
Old 20th August 2010, 16:52   #13
BHPian

Thats a whole bunch of accessories thrown in on the SX4.
Instead of the dealer giving out Rs. 50000/- discount, they now can add these and negotiate.

Also, the fact that they can also clear out genuine accessories stock that aren't moving from the shelves, since they are available with many more options in the outside market.

Outside market prices
ORVM Indicator = 5k
Rear Sensor = 4.5k
Bluetooth Kit = 5k
Leather seat = 25k
Rear Spoiler = 2.5k
Neck Support = 150/- ( 2pcs)
Sill plates = 750/- (set of 4)
Reading light = 2k (hella)
Floor mats = 1k

Total = 45900 ~~ 46k

Extra charge by Maruti = 46k

= Happy accessory sale + happy customer

Last edited by karpusv : 20th August 2010 at 16:53.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:55   #14
BHPian

Yes, they are not giving discount of Rs. 40000/- on this model. So the price is same as present VXi without discount.
Old 20th August 2010, 18:19   #15
BHPian

Hey guys, just got back after checking the new SX4 Royale Edition...I am told that the Royale Edition is available in both VXI as well as ZXI trims of the car....Basically there is not a price hike as such for the Royale Edition car.....i.e. you can get the Vxi/Zxi-Royale Edition car at the On-Road SX4 Vxi/Zxi price in your area.....meaning to say you won't get the 40k (standard discount) on the car....The 40k discount would be applicable only on the regular Non-Royale versions of the car (VXI or ZXI).

My take on a couple of extras in the Royale Edition
  • OVRM with indicator looks neat.
  • Feel leather seat covers - The seat covers are art leather seat covers and not Genuine Leather like the one in the SX4 ZXi Leather Edition.
Rest of the features are pretty much as advertised

cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th August 2010 at 19:05. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks