Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 20:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi Montero BS 4 with 198 hp to launch soon!

Mitsubishi dealers have started taking bookings for the new montero BS4 upgraded version, which will be launched in October first week. The engine is more powerful in the range of 198-200 hp.
More details will be put up once I get them.

BS 4 pajero also coming on mid october and pajero "sport" 3.2 scheduled in March 2011.

Last edited by sidindica : 21st August 2010 at 20:13.
Old 21st August 2010, 20:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Would sell only if its priced competitively. Did you manage any info on the same ?
Hope they follow and stick to the planned schedule. Mar 2011 is still a long way to go. Till then lets have a big yawn (standard practice when you hear a new Mitsubishi car launch in India)
Old 21st August 2010, 20:34   #3
agm
BHPian

Ok just called my friend who is a mitsubishi dealer here in raipur ,he told me the new Montero is expected by last week of sept . Ex showroom price for the same in raipur (c.g) will be 37.81Lakh .
Old 21st August 2010, 21:50   #4
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2010 at 11:01.
rahul016 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd August 2010, 01:54   #5
BHPian

I dont think the Pajero or Montero are cars which are in the Fortuner / Endeavor catergory. In fact Mitsubishi has its own "endeavour" to compete with SUV's in this catergory.

The outlander is a competitor to the Toyota Rav4 and Honda CRV.

The Pajero is a competitor to Toyota Landcruiser alone
Old 22nd August 2010, 10:29   #6
BHPian

True a competant SUV , but that's all about it. For me a car launch is a more rounded process. It comes packaged with training the sales staff to equipping After-sales and from my personal experience they are far from it. Does not make any sense launching a new version unless they get their act in India straight.

Last edited by vikrantj : 22nd August 2010 at 10:30.
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Interesting, I was told the Pajero Sport was being launched with the 3.2 engine in the last quarter of 2010.

So what you are saying is the (present) Pajero is coming with the same 2.8 engine but BS4 compliant ?? And the 3.2 Sport (all new is being launched in March'11)

Any idea on the price ? I think for it to be a success it should be benchmarked with the fortuner, which I doubt very much. Mitsubishi has always over-priced initially, hence the low low volumes.

Hope they learn from their mistakes, at least this time around.

Cheers
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:09   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I never thought that the Montero was under-powered, yet this move was fully expected. After all, the 1/2 price Fortuner matches the current Montero in power / torque / performance. More power is always welcome, and the Montero remains one of my favourite SUVs.

The Montero does a paltry 2 - 3 sales per month. Primary reason being, its pricing. 3 years back, the SUV had an ex-showroom of 35 lakh rupees, which shot up by 10 lakhs in the 2008 - 2009 period. HM seems to have made corrections with its current 37 lakh rupee ex-showroom price. Still, its way overpriced and HM obviously expects an unrealistic profit margin on each Montero sale.

Bring it down to 30 lakhs, HM. Then, we have a deal.
Old 24th August 2010, 15:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

The all new Pajero Sport, I am told is going to be in the 21-25 (ex-s/r) price bracket. Hence the Montero will continue with it's unreal pricing, especially now that it is getting a new engine

Does not seem like HM willl ever learn to price their line up right.

Cheers
Old 24th August 2010, 16:19   #10
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I never thought that the Montero was under-powered, yet this move was fully expected. After all, the 1/2 price Fortuner matches the current Montero in power / torque / performance. More power is always welcome, and the Montero remains one of my favourite SUVs.

The Montero does a paltry 2 - 3 sales per month. Primary reason being, its pricing. 3 years back, the SUV had an ex-showroom of 35 lakh rupees, which shot up by 10 lakhs in the 2008 - 2009 period. HM seems to have made corrections with its current 37 lakh rupee ex-showroom price. Still, its way overpriced and HM obviously expects an unrealistic profit margin on each Montero sale.

Bring it down to 30 lakhs, HM. Then, we have a deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The all new Pajero Sport, I am told is going to be in the 21-25 (ex-s/r) price bracket. Hence the Montero will continue with it's unreal pricing, especially now that it is getting a new engine

Does not seem like HM willl ever learn to price their line up right.

Cheers
But, isnt the montero pricing already sane.
Considering the LC pardo (which is in the same segment as montero) is selling for 53.6L that is around 16L difference.
Old 24th August 2010, 20:22   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Montero is Pajero.
Pajero is Montero.

So HM will sell 3 Pajero's???
Pajero BS4
Pajero Sports
Pajero 200BHP

And if Pajero is an SUV, Pajero Sports is what - Sports version of a Sports Utility Vehicle???

HM....
Old 24th August 2010, 21:19   #12
BHPian

i am unable to calculate the investment required by these companies for importing CBU's.
If its not very high per model then why cant we have a complete range to choose from?
I would like to see a company offering their entire portfolio in India. And I am ready to wait a little more for my choice of car
Old 24th August 2010, 23:49   #13
BHPian

A couple of days I was interacting with the service manager(while getting my Cedia serviced) and he was hinting that company was planning to give discounts on the current models of SUVs. He did not directly confirm about the new models but however, he was saying that this Diwali it will be good time to buy these existing models. From the above discussion it becomes apperant that the discounts may be because of the new models coming in.
Any ideas, whether the new Pajero is going to be a V6 3.2 motor?
Old 25th August 2010, 07:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
i am unable to calculate the investment required by these companies for importing CBU's.
If its not very high per model then why cant we have a complete range to choose from?
I would like to see a company offering their entire portfolio in India. And I am ready to wait a little more for my choice of car
The main reason manufacturers don't bring their entire line-up as they have to get them homologated here.Only USD40K (iirc)above cars don't need homologation. Also they don't want to dilute their sales across various models as each model requires training the staff and creating adequate service infrastructure. Hence bringing only those models which have a chance of selling half decently.
Old 25th August 2010, 10:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
But, isnt the montero pricing already sane.
Considering the LC pardo (which is in the same segment as montero) is selling for 53.6L that is around 16L difference.

By your logic above - yes. But given the sparse HM service network & the LC's snob value. The Montero seems expensive, though the LC Prado IMHO is WAY TOO OVERPRICED.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 25th August 2010 at 10:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks