Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 19:19   #61
BHPian

I had booked my Black Beast Safari LX on 13 Oct and the dealer told me 10-12 Days, I casually checked with him on Monday, he had about 4-5 LXs for delivery and he confirmed that incase anyone does not turn up, I can pick one up

However, the biggest grouse is of Loan, I am dealing with a Nationalised bank, gave all required papers on 13 Oct, but the actual process started only today.

This Delay is killing me, I ahve started dreaming my drives, already spent my time in arranging all Accessories and other stuff, now I have nothing more to do other than waiting
Old 19th October 2010, 23:09   #62
BHPian

I am recalling my childhood days !

Guys, I have booked FIAT Linea 1.4 Dynamic Petrol on 17th Oct'10. The dealer told waiting period of 15 days. But literally everyday morning I feel I'l get a call from dealer saying that "Sir your car is arrived. please come and take delivery".
I am recalling my childhood days. In every summer we wait for exams to over and go to cousin's towns for one full month vacation or in Diwali waiting for cousins to arrive and to buy crackers. Ha!!!! I hope I'l get my FIAT by this month end or at least before Diwali.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:06   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Guys, I have booked FIAT Linea 1.4 Dynamic Petrol on 17th Oct'10......I hope I'l get my FIAT by this month end or at least before Diwali.
This is actually a blessing in disguise!

Cancel that 1.4 booking, pay another 1.3 lakhs and go for the T-Jet. Believe me, you will never regret the decision. To know more, click here.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:50   #64
Senior - BHPian

If you go back to the early 70s, the waiting period for a Lambretta scooter was 6 years!!

Yes, it was 6 years, not months. Parents used to book scooters for their kids when they were entering their teens.

Using that as a benchmark, things are a lot more rosy these days. I wonder how people were coping with the waiting period then!

Compared to that, my Fiesta took 10 days to be delivered in March, 2007. I'd have died of 'impatience stroke' if I were a customer in the 70s.

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th October 2010 at 20:52.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2010, 21:08   #65
BHPian

Am still waiting for my POLO 1.6 - booked it in July 2nd week !
Waiting is not new - have waited for 2.5 months for my TVS Victor when it was launched...this time it is unbearable though..
Old 20th October 2010, 22:26   #66
BHPian

Yes I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is actually a blessing in disguise!

Cancel that 1.4 booking, pay another 1.3 lakhs and go for the T-Jet. Believe me, you will never regret the decision. To know more, click here.
Sir ,
Thanx for the reply. But T-jet is not yet available in my city (Hyd). I really don't know how much more time FIAL will take to launch in other cities. Since I was on hold since last 6-7 months, I really don't have any more patience. Further I am not speed crazy, so 1.4 L engine is OK for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Waiting is not new - have waited for 2.5 months for my TVS Victor when it was launched...this time it is unbearable though..
Yes ! I have also waited for 2 months for TVS victor in Tandem Blue color from Dec'2001 to Feb'02.

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 20th October 2010 at 22:29.
Old 20th October 2010, 22:49   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome thread. I am on Day 11 after my Vento AT booking (more than 2 months since the official launch). The VW Pune guys have yet to give me my official receipt though that was partly my fault- they offered to courier it across and I declined in favour of picking it up myself.
In the interim, I have read up every single post on TBHP on the Vento, automatic transmissions, the cars I had considered and rejected (Cruze, Altis AT, Laura) and of course accessories, tyres and ICEs that I can upgrade to. I put the cash I'd saved up back in an FD (why lose interest!) I started pampering my current ride no end: my Swift has got new killer alloys and new shoes, a brand new USB/AUX ICE and I just got her back from her 50,000 km service. I am also planning a roadtrip every week (alas none executed yet). This is the first time I am waiting for a car and it is absolutely unbearable!
Old 24th October 2010, 07:21   #68
BHPian

@noopster - Thanks !. The waiting period was a real test of my patience. But believe you me, the reward of getting the keys to your dream is worth all the sleepless nights. The one thing that I did do right is book my car well before the festival season - even then, there were a LOT of delays, but thanks to great advise from T-Bhp (Read : write emails to / call the manufacturer / dealer) I was able to keep the dealer on his toes.

Do check back with the dealer every once in a while, just to make sure everything is okay. Do keep us posted.

Cheers.
Old 24th October 2010, 11:25   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
So am I booked mine on 12-Aug... no news so far. I can probably publish a paper on excuses that auto dealers give to buy time and make a monkey out of the customer. Whats your story @polopm ?
Old 4th November 2010, 10:41   #70
Senior - BHPian

I HATE delays like nothing else. The i20 took over a month, the Manza took a month and a half, surprisingly the 3CE took twelve days It's so frustrating, I've given up now on ever getting my cars on the delivery day decided at the time of booking. Well, at least I've been committed delivery dates, instead of "at least 2-3 months Sir". Don't know how people can book a car like that.
Old 4th November 2010, 22:49   #71
BHPian

Biiiig Diiiisappointment today!

Biiiig Diiiisappointment today!!!
Literally My Diwali festival mood is washed off!
The reason 1.Raining at right time 2.Very casual attitude of Salesman.
I have booked Linea on 17th Oct with committment from dealer that by any case it will be delivered before 30th oct or worst case by 2nd Nov'10.
I was following up daily since 1st Nov. Today morning I got a call from salesman that my car has reached Hyd stockyard and will be delivered today.
I went to showroom by 2:30 pm but salesman was out with some off. work. The counter person called him, then he called me and said that my car will be delivered on today evening. I came back to office and waiting for his call. Aroun 5:30 i again called SA, he conveyed already driver has gone to stockyard for collecting my car and will be delivered by 7:30 pm at showroom. I was happy at least I am getting car on Diwali.
Unfortunately around 5:30 heavy rain started and it lasted till 07:00. I called up the SA again , he told to come by 8:30. Around 7:15 I got the call again requesting to take delivery on Monday(8th).I was under impression that even i miss today i can take delivery on tomorrow morning. But i was shocked to hear that cont. 3 holidays are declared. I rushed to showroom by 07:30 and met SA. Showroom was about to close and he told everybody is in a hurry to rush to hometown. Meanwhile driver also started from stockyard w/o my car.
I don't know now what to do? All my 3 days Diwali holidays will be boring and very difficult to enjoy!!
I don't know whether to blame rain or poor planing/attitude of dealer.
Still one question, during festival season where many customers are waiting for new car delivery, how a dealer can declare contin. 3 days as holiday? Holiday on 5th and 7th (sun) is accepatable but at least they would have worked on Sat. for clearing all cars for Diwali.
Hmmmmmmmmm. No answer.
if the trailor of the Tata-Fiat is like this, i don't know what is there in movie after owning the car!!!

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 4th November 2010 at 23:06.
Old 5th November 2010, 07:16   #72
Senior - BHPian

The only case i remember is when dad booked an M800 in early 90s - i remember as teens we were desperately waiting for the car to come - first car for us

Thankfully, that was the one and only waiting period i had to face. All three cars i owned (post 2000) -Palio, ANHC and i10 were delivered within 2-3 days of paying the booking amount.
Old 27th December 2010, 18:52   #73
BHPian

Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
So am I booked mine on 12-Aug... no news so far. I can probably publish a paper on excuses that auto dealers give to buy time and make a monkey out of the customer. Whats your story @polopm ?
My story - here goes !
Long long ago I booked a 1.6 Polo which never came , changed it to a Vento Petrol and then later to a Diesel (will mention the reason in my initial ownership thread ) and am getting it tomorrow ...can't wait now!!
Old 27th December 2010, 22:22   #74
Team-BHP Support

I am REALLY disappointed with Ford's sales team in Patna.

I had booked a Ford Figo TDCi Titanium and was promised a 10 day waiting period, it was me who was calling them all along to know the status and post 22nd the consignment as per them was was moving at a pace of 50kms a day.

The Car finally arrived yesterday night (one of the fellow bhpian, Dr. Swastik did inform me) and I after calling them (and getting no replies) finally got a call at 7pm citing the same.

The sales guy had the guts to tell me that he was pre-occupied and hence couldn't inform me.

I am thinking to take the delivery on 1st Jan, though shall arrive in Patna on 31st Dec.

(I wish I could cancel the order, but Ford is having one showroom in the entire Bihar range and I can't seem to like any other Car)

I just hope Ford India notices this and pulls the dealer up.

My friend who is a Mahindra dealer over here has expressed his fear that my Car might be sold by the time I go over. (The Ford dealers also have an out-let for Mahindra at Patna, hence he knows this or might be right)
Old 28th December 2010, 00:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

Simple. I never buy cars with a long or even a reasonably long waiting period. If it is something like a month or so, we always pull strings and get it faster. Got all my cars in 3 days max. ;-)

Pulling strings and being aggressively demanding has always worked for me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks