Team-BHP - Do Cars And Bikes Need To Be Separated?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Do Cars And Bikes Need To Be Separated? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8756-do-cars-bikes-need-separated.html)

hey everyone... i was thinking...do we need a differatn series for cars and bikes. since now a days both of them r simultaneously registered. also wouldnt this prevent theft. morever more fancy nos. can be reserved for cars..imagine seeing single digits lnumbers on kinetics and scootys!!!
also when is the new security plates coming onto force??

Here in Mumbai,
both cars and bikes have different series.

well i dont i dont think other states like kerala and karnatak have these...now why isnt this system unified???

i think its more because of traffic nd stuff ... by traffic i mean the number of cars registered per mnth and city size and limits play a part in it too

Quote:

Originally Posted by racing4cure
. morever more fancy nos. can be reserved for cars..imagine seeing single digits lnumbers on kinetics and scootys!!!
also when is the new security plates coming onto force??

It looks like you are trying to say ( am sure you wudnt have intended!) that the cars deserve to have the fancy numbers because they are costly and owned by the financially capable people!?

I dont agree with your outlook if that is what you intended to say.

But as far as differentiating a 4 wheeler from a 2 wheeler is concerned, yes you can do that and i dont see anything wrong with that. Is it already there?? sorry:

I am not sure whether we follow a proper process of allocating numbers whereby, The State, district, area+ running sequence is followed in identifying a number. Maybe we do follow this but differentaiating the car or bike by its number ..am not sure.

Are there any repetitive sequences possible say a scooter registered in 2000 with a number could be seen on a Car registered in 2006!

Muni,
there are repititive sequences here in Mumbai.
i meant to say that both cars and bikes have the same series but like say in a particular month, when a car has PA or something, a bike would have ZA or CA.

I don't think there should be a difference. Each additional rule will end up making the entire process more complex-any minor benefits would be overcome by the delays and additional corruption caused by our bureaucracy. As a citizen-I'd like to see all government rules as simple as possible because at the end of the day all rules are only as good as their implementation. Anyone who has got a license made in Delhi would understand! The rules say a million things-but you pay a bribe of 1000 and you can learn how to drive with your license inyour pocket!

but think how that will lessen the theft and help to identify fake plates in india....now come on just like in other foreign countries where there is separate registeration process for bikes i htink we need on for cars to...waddya say.......!

Quote:

Originally Posted by racing4cure
but think how that will lessen the theft and help to identify fake plates in india....now come on just like in other foreign countries where there is separate registeration process for bikes i htink we need on for cars to...waddya say.......!

The reduction in theft would be minor, but we will be burdened with additional bureaucracy and corruption. Imagine-this is how with all the good intentions we ended up creating a license raj for our economy. I look at it this way: "Any additional rule is nothing but an opportunity for our babus to line up their pockets. They don't care about the actual intent of the rule-hence there is no benefit, but only costs!"

As far as other foreign countries are concerned-I only wish we had just half the bureaucratic efficiency and the sense of public service they have!