Team-BHP - Scorpio Facelift coming 2011 ??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scorpio Facelift coming 2011 ?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/87578-scorpio-facelift-coming-2011-a.html)

Is Mahindra testing a Facelifted Scorpio for launch in early 2011?
Recently saw something resembling one fairly well camouflaged south of Jaipur on the Jaipur-Udaipur highway. Could'nt snap any pics but seemed to have a new bumper and headlights. Anyone on some further details on this development ?

They just refreshed the scorpio with new headlights, bumpers etc in 2009 so not sure if they will do another refresh so soon.

it could be the facelifted xylo on test or the W201.

Seemed like a Scorpio, and not the W201, as was shorter, higher and about the same size as a Scorpio. could be a Xylo but I guess it's too early for facelifting one so soon. Sure looked like a Scorpio on test.

Its Mahindra's policy to give a mild facelift to the Scorpio every 1.5years, untill a completely new model arrives.

International market scorpio/goa/pickups get LED turn signals in front, seems we dont yet. isnt it

Actually its better not to wait for face-lifts because consecutive face-lifts have made the Scorpio look uglier. 1st Gen. Scorpio still looks handsome & better than the current one.

Well I don't think it would the Scorp as its just got facelifted in 2009 and a new one is atleast 3-4 years away. But I would think its the W201 as it is supposed to sport the same wheelbase and engine (albeit in different tune).

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWD (Post 2039398)
Its Mahindra's policy to give a mild facelift to the Scorpio every 1.5years, untill a completely new model arrives.

There has been only 3 major face lifts. The original, the new version in 2006 and subsequently late 2009. It doesn't happen every 1.5 years. There was some mechanical upgrades in between but not a major face lift.

Was the test mule "silent but very violent"?

Spike:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4x4addict (Post 2042562)
There has been only 3 major face lifts. The original, the new version in 2006 and subsequently late 2009. It doesn't happen every 1.5 years. There was some mechanical upgrades in between but not a major face lift.

I mentioned "mild", actually meant there is some or the other change every 1.5years. That's Mahindra policy with Scorpio, heard Mr Anand Mahindra also say that in one of his interviews. He said that would keep the vehicle looking fresh.

Actually the covering around the vehicle was prominent around the bumpers and headlights, so the inference that it is a facelift to keep the design fresh and customer interested...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 2042574)
Was the test mule "silent but very violent"?

Spike:D

Is it a hybrid version? Silent and violent points to some kind of electric propulsion.

I think they are coming up with a refresh and some of the things to be seen could be

1. AT gearshift

The gearshift on AT version will be a very good point as the current AT shift is very sad (in terms of appearance)

Australian company begins supply of automatic gear box shifters to M&M -WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News

Could be other things too, more BHP ? (guessing from Spikes comment)

instead of coming up with facelifts after facelifts can they address the basic issue: the jiggly ride.