Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 12:29   #1
BHPian

Mercedes owner goes berserk in showroom

A man goes on a rampage in Banglore ramming his CLK 350 in to 3 more Mercs at the showroom because he was unhappy about the service.

Source: Mercedes owner goes berserk in showroom | Sudeep K Agarwal | | Indian Express
Old 20th August 2010, 12:50   #2
BHPian

is the dealer sundaram by any chance?

Poor cars!
Old 20th August 2010, 12:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

I always had heard horror stories of ASCs of M&M, Tata, Skoda etc., and how the customers grinned and beared it.

Benz showroom/ASC also does that, was news to me. Sandip Agarwal must be highly frustrated by the service provided to resort to such methods.
Old 20th August 2010, 13:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Had heard for road rage but this showroom rage is something new. What was the owner thinking before he did this dastardly act?

Apart from the police case which he would face when he put people at risk, he would definitely also be asked to compensate for the damaged vehicles. Thats "Phatke pe phatka".

The builder could not handle the left "pull". instead he "pulled" off the greatest stunt ever imagined.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Bad service is one thing but this sort of reaction is ridiculous. What if he'd killed someone?
Old 20th August 2010, 15:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Owning a Benz means, this guy should not only have lots of mullah, but considerable power. Even if he'd killed a person, he should be able to come out with the accumulated mullahs.

First thing came to my mind was, what if someone tried doing that with a Nano
Old 20th August 2010, 15:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
One thing for sure, Lesser Nano's on the road. less crowded streets.

The builder guy was about to smash the recently launched Cabriolet Merc CLK 350 costing 80L. Sure his pocket would have been lighetend by a few crores now.

How come the problem of left pulling was not attended for two years by Merc guys. I'm this is height, either the builder was honest in saying that the issue was not resolved or the Merc guys have a cranky in their customer list. If the former is true then Merc had it.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:41   #8
BHPian

AMAZING!!

Did he actually take his own car and ram it into 3 other cars? Did he crash through the windows or did he just drive into the showroom?

and...

What the heck is a "left pull" anyways?
Old 20th August 2010, 15:45   #9
BHPian

guys more than the dealer we should think of the owner.its very easy for the company guys to say that it is your mistake & wash their hands.what is the fate of the mullah that goes in???
when a nano customer can make so much noise for a car i think what Mr agarwal has done is agreeable.i some how hate the stealerships (dealerships) as most of them are money printing organisations.
you will not find passionate people working here & the other people working here,work at the car owners cost
Old 20th August 2010, 15:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Had heard for road rage but this showroom rage is something new. What was the owner thinking before he did this dastardly act?

The builder could not handle the left "pull". instead he "pulled" off the greatest stunt ever imagined.
It must have been pure frustration on the part of the owner. I can relate to him completly as my ML has been 9 times to the Service center for the same weak brakes and left pull in 8 months,but i am not that stupid. Every time its at the service center cost me time and money and you can imagine how you would feel if you see your hard earned money burn in the form of a week later the problem is back. I rather sell the car and buy a new marque. Here his car is a wreck and he has to now pay the dealership and also court hassles. Forgot to mention my car is almost 2 yrs old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Bad service is one thing but this sort of reaction is ridiculous. What if he'd killed someone?
, Mercedes needs to pull up the socks of Most of their dealers and train the mech to be able to deal with car issues. I have personally faced it so i know what this person must have been through. The Mechs look for easy ways out and the Supervisors are busy trying to show whose boss. In the bargain cars suffer and the Brand gets blamed for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Owning a Benz means, this guy should not only have lots of mullah, but considerable power. Even if he'd killed a person, he should be able to come out with the accumulated mullahs.

You are wrong. A mercedes is available in the second hand market right from Rs 50,000 upto Rs 60 lakhs depending on the year and model. So they are no longer owned by people with "loads of mullah or considerable power". Trust me gone are the days when you killed a person and got off because you were in a Lambo or Rolls. Get the facts straight, everyone pays a price and faces the music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
AMAZING!!

Did he actually take his own car and ram it into 3 other cars? Did he crash through the windows or did he just drive into the showroom?

and...

What the heck is a "left pull" anyways?
Yes he took his own car and rammed 3 other cars. I believe it was in the service area.

Left pull is when the car pulls to the left on a straight line. Leave the steering and the cars moves towards the left.

Last edited by speedy : 20th August 2010 at 16:06.
Old 20th August 2010, 17:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

I wonder what would happen if Skoda customers did this. The service centres would resemble destruction derby arenas every evening
Old 20th August 2010, 17:46   #12
BHPian

If countless emails, compliants, issues & voices raised have gone unheard/unread so far - this action will definately cause some ripples and be # 1 agenda item to discuss in Mercedes India offices now.

Such incidents damage 'brand value' like nothing else.
Old 20th August 2010, 18:06   #13
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Why is everyone wrongly spelling moolah as mullah? Started by Aargee. No food for you Aargee.
I'm yet to read the news. But the first reaction was that we have all kinds of jerks buying all kinds of vehicles!
Would love to see what this guy does if he comes across Bacche Gowda!
Old 20th August 2010, 19:57   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
It must have been pure frustration on the part of the owner. I can relate to him completly as my ML has been 9 times to the Service center for the same weak brakes and left pull in 8 months,but i am not that stupid. Every time its at the service center cost me time and money and you can imagine how you would feel if you see your hard earned money burn in the form of a week later the problem is back. I rather sell the car and buy a new marque. Here his car is a wreck and he has to now pay the dealership and also court hassles. Forgot to mention my car is almost 2 yrs old.

, Mercedes needs to pull up the socks of Most of their dealers and train the mech to be able to deal with car issues. I have personally faced it so i know what this person must have been through. The Mechs look for easy ways out and the Supervisors are busy trying to show whose boss. In the bargain cars suffer and the Brand gets blamed for it.

You are wrong. A mercedes is available in the second hand market right from Rs 50,000 upto Rs 60 lakhs depending on the year and model. So they are no longer owned by people with "loads of mullah or considerable power". Trust me gone are the days when you killed a person and got off because you were in a Lambo or Rolls. Get the facts straight, everyone pays a price and faces the music.

Yes he took his own car and rammed 3 other cars. I believe it was in the service area.

Left pull is when the car pulls to the left on a straight line. Leave the steering and the cars moves towards the left.
>>> speedy,

Going by your experience, is the cause inadequate/incorrect training given to the mechanics of Benz? I would expect cars costing from anywhere from 30l to 100+l to have really good mechanics to take care of all technical issues : customer dissatisfaction will kill any premium brand.

Regards
Old 20th August 2010, 20:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

I am not supporting the builder who wrecked havoc, but if one is not getting good service, it does get irritating. And specially when you have such an expensive car that is giving problems since long, the frustration is quite high. Also the maintaining a Merc is never easy on the pocket.

I had issue with my bike's carb and I ended up in here. The dealer replaced the carb free of cost without and told me that any further problems that I have I can straight way contact the him ( i.e. owner of dealer ship ). Without doubt, the trust does come back. This is just the case of bike. Similarly a local mechanic did the job for our M800. He forgot to align the front wheels that resulted into chewed up front tyres. He managed to get replacement tyres for us free of cost. I still visit him. So there might be real frustration for merc owner.

And IMO, this is just one sided story. We dont know what actually happened.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks