Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 13:07   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your Next Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
For me, i own a Vista tdi. I want to upgrade to a decent sedan with lots of space and good ride for my family, i do feel that difference after sitting in diff cars and then going back to my vista. But, in coming times, i dont think i can suffer a good amount of loss on selling my vista and then putting 10 lakhs for a new one, but surely i'll go to second hand market. hmmmm.. i think i'll go for manza..
Hmm... A Manza from Vista. Good upgrade.
For me, I have always not liked Tata products. They are Super VFM but bad stories always crosses my mind when I hear a Tata.
One of my dream car in the SUV range was the Safari, but then I am slowly accepting that it is a Tata.

Vista is a super car. I had the chance of one sitting in my colleague's Vista. Loved the performance.
The Manza is the sedan version of Vista. So surely it would be a similar performer with the comforts of a sedan. However, I would say - go for a new one. My feeling is when you are spending 5-6 lakhs on a second hand car, why not pay another 3 lakhs and get a newer one. Buying a second hand car can be peaceful or can be extremely painful. If it is the later, all the savings that you have done on buying a second hand car would be gone. And when there is a Tata product involved, I would urge you to please consider a new one, rather than a second hand.
Old 31st July 2013, 13:39   #1007
BHPian

My next car should be a compact hatch or sedan at a decent price with the following features:

1) comfortable spacing for 5 (like honda city)
2) petrol automatic with smooth pickup and good power (I donot know like what)
3) great ride quality (like Punto/Linea)
4) good ground clearance (like Punto/Linea)
5) neat interior (like Fabia)
6) all necessary creature comforts and safety features (from all makers)
7) good and reasonable services costs (like Honda City)

Think I am asking for too much?
Old 31st July 2013, 14:39   #1008
BHPian

I am a satisfied Honda customer for over 3 years. Currently drive a City ivtec which has kind of spoilt me. I get phenomenal economy (15.5-17 kmpl), great performance and love its reliability, no problems till date. I have had a problem with its ground clearance which i have tried to address by upsizing the tires. I would like to change cars in 2014 end or early 2015. As for my next car, I believe it is still not available in India as I would want the following within 12-13 lakhs on road-

1. Ample seating for 5
2. High ground clearance
3. Class leading performance
4. Reliability and peaceful ownership experience
5. Drive anywhere ability (prefer 4 WHD)
6. Torquey diesel mill
7. Good interior quality

All the above indicate am angling towards crossovers. No offence to existing owners, but the current crop of crossovers have something or the other that i do not like- Ecosport (found it cramped, engines underwhelming), Duster (interior quality is not good), XUV500 (niggles, ownership experience) and Yeti. I love the Yeti, it kind of ticks all my boxes but is pricey for what it offers and I do suffer from the Skoda ownership phobia. If its 4WD were available for 12-13 lakhs on road i might have gone for it right now.

Maruti and Hyundai's planned crossovers seems to be under 4 mts, so might be cramped and Maruti will again plonk the unimpressive 90 bhp MJD. Nissan's version of the Duster looks great but is expected to have the same interiors which would be a no no for me. That leaves only Honda's Urban SUV to wait for.

Any more options?
Old 8th August 2013, 00:19   #1009
BHPian

Well, the xuv and the yeti aren't crossovers strictly speaking. Have you considered the Mahindra Thar? It a jeep but a kind of a crossover as in its also like a car and works well in city driving. Its a lot cheaper even with the hard top and seating arrangement upgrades.

But it must be your second car though, it may not be your cup of tea for daily driving.

Most Viewed