Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 13:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Fortuner sales breakup in spite of delivery constraints.

Jan- 903
Feb- 972
Mar- 1095
Apr- 922
May- 969
June- 1027
July- 1101

Hyderabad is full of fortuners now, you can spot them easily.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

I think toyota is trying to cash into the demand supply quation.
At the current price people are waiting 6 months for delivery.
So marketing guys think, what if we can spend 20,000 on the vehicle, and price it for 2L more, will the demand still exceed supply? If yes, then why not!
So expect an upward price spiral till the supply exceeds demand. This gotta be the most profitable toyota!
Old 25th August 2010, 13:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
R u sure of jump the queue option?
I remember reading in the paper that this is only for people already in the queue. So i guess if you are number xxx you could be bumped up by taking this.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:30   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

These are all add-on kits. Which dealers usually made you add to get faster delivery. Only difference is this time it's being official done by Toyota.

What are the wait periods for this model?
Old 25th August 2010, 13:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So marketing guys think, what if we can spend 20,000 on the vehicle, and price it for 2L more, will the demand still exceed supply? If yes, then why not!
So expect an upward price spiral till the supply exceeds demand. This gotta be the most profitable toyota!
Only 250 units of this edition are to be made available.

Betw:As a matter of fact, people are paying up 1-2L under the table for spot deliveries.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Maybe I am way off, but the aspiration of owning a Prado-esq vehicle for 1/2 the price of a Prado, is one of the main reasons for this.
I think this is very true. Just bcoz the car looks like the biggies (Prado, LC) with a 'T' emblem, people are going crazy behind.

A quick check in the difference between a LR Freelander2 and Fortuner gives the real time feel about how much Toyota is minting.

Lets wait and watch the game changing sport when Freelander2 gets a tagging of 25 lakhs.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I think this is very true. Just bcoz the car looks like the biggies (Prado, LC) with a 'T' emblem, people are going crazy behind.

A quick check in the difference between a LR Freelander2 and Fortuner gives the real time feel about how much Toyota is minting.

Lets wait and watch the game changing sport when Freelander2 gets a tagging of 25 lakhs.
well, I think there won't be much more of a difference. People will still prefer the fortuner because it is priced a bit less and yet has 7 seats. People in India tend to go for a 7 seater vehicle as compared to a 5 seater one. This is my opinion fully. Others may not necessarily agree.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:36   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Guys Have You Noticed, The Hood Air Dam Is Grey In Colour ????
Can Anyone Please Confirm
Yea. I noticed it at the dealership too. Seems the Fortuner caught a bad cold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
took a delivery of a black fortuner from grace toyota today.
This ivory colored fortuner was there in the parking lot, noticed the the different colored air intake on the hood but failed to notice the anniversary sticker at the back.
I thought its the showpiece doing round since auto expo days.
Above all it wasnt looking good. Sorry to dissapoint few but it was looking as good as a man in a yellow skirt. the black and white fortuners were looking far better
In fact my brother said if its the same auto expo showcased one and with this peculiar color would be sold at a huge discount.
I was at the Auto Expo too. And they said that the Auto Expo Fortuner was a one-off colour. Probably they were gauging the response to the colour there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
It is also a way for the company (Toyota) to rake in a lot more moolah over the same model by adding tid-bits and more important gives 'waiting in despair' buyers to jump the queue. So i guess a win-win situation.
What I foresee is that dealers may do a prioritized allocation on a selective basis as regular waiting customer may make noise about wanting to upgarde to the Anni Edition if delivery can be made early. With 250 nos., cant do much about it though.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:06   #24
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

Exactly except that with possibly a 30K increase in cost they are charging about 1L more, the normal fortuner is already 19.35 ex showroom delhi
Old 25th August 2010, 17:22   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually since 10,000 fortuners are already sold, and also this not being too much costlier to manufacture than an innova, I wonder if Toyota has already reach breakeven point for the Fortuner alone.

For sure, Toyota is laughing all the way to bank right from the launch of the Fortuner, the next candidate in line is the Corolla Altis diesel.

Mods: this may be off topic, I felt somehow it was relevant to the numbers the fortuner is currently doing
Old 25th August 2010, 22:04   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
yea, its selling so good that a friend of mine was asked give around a lac of rupees under the table to book it. She dropped the fortuner and went for the captiva.
I would have complained to Toyota rather than book a captiva. But I guess your friend has his *reasons*...
Old 25th August 2010, 22:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Actually since 10,000 fortuners are already sold, and also this not being too much costlier to manufacture than an innova, I wonder if Toyota has already reach breakeven point for the Fortuner alone.

For sure, Toyota is laughing all the way to bank right from the launch of the Fortuner, the next candidate in line is the Corolla Altis diesel.

Mods: this may be off topic, I felt somehow it was relevant to the numbers the fortuner is currently doing
I have driven toyotas for a number of years now, worth every penny of your money. Blame the high price in India on the government taxes and not the company . The fortuner sold in India is the hi spec model sold in SA and thailand. and you always not buy it. if more people did my fortuner would be delivered sooner
Old 26th August 2010, 02:04   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperone View Post
I have driven toyotas for a number of years now, worth every penny of your money. Blame the high price in India on the government taxes and not the company . The fortuner sold in India is the hi spec model sold in SA and thailand. and you always not buy it. if more people did my fortuner would be delivered sooner
Govt taxes are a burden no doubt but still don't justify the prices we pay even after the companies get a good price advantage of local manufacturing.
Let's face it, India is a milking ground for auto makers especially in the luxury segment.
Old 26th August 2010, 18:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Checked with Nandi Toyota - the Anniversary edition is 1.5L extra in Bangalore. That's quite a premium for minor look and feel enhancements.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Though a little off topic, just wanted to share my experience on Toyota & Fortuner. I'm seeing atleast one Fortuner every day in my stay in KL since last Saturday. Two days ago we made a short trip of about 172 Kms & I'm very sure to have seen more than 5-6 Fortuners in span of 6 hours; and most of these spottings are in Kottayam district. I haven't seen so many Fortuners even in a metro like Chennai were I live. What I mean to say is, no wonder Toyota is releasing an anniversary edition; and its no doubt that Fortuner is a grand success in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks