Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 22:47   #31
BHPian

I think TKM hve been very cleaver to price the anniversery edition at 1.10L over and above the normal price. The current premium is hovering around 1-1.25L in Delhi auto markets and this anniversery edition can help them catch those prospective customers who were interested to buy the car immdly after paying the premium of 1L. This way the additional 'premium' gets pocketed by TKM!!!
Old 27th August 2010, 01:42   #32
ajai_dev

Yep Fortuner's are big in Shimla also, i see at least 2-3 every day mostly non residentials but bringing a car such as Fortuner to Shimla with mostly tiny narrow roads is not the best idea.

Old 27th August 2010, 07:04   #33
BHPian

Tatkal scheme disguised as anniversary edition?

Maybe learn from Maruti - remember the TK (tatkal) version of the 800? Or the Roadking version of Yezdi? Ways to jump the line and the manufacturer makes a good gross margin..
Old 30th August 2010, 14:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Maybe learn from Maruti - remember the TK (tatkal) version of the 800? Or the Roadking version of Yezdi? Ways to jump the line and the manufacturer makes a good gross margin..

Seems logical. But if the idea were to generate good margins and allow people to jump the line, then how would a meagre 250 units (as told by dealer here) help to generate that good margin?

With say 1.5L premium over the normal Fortuner, they would get 375 Lacs, which according to me is peanuts for the company.
Why would they settle with 250 nos. when they could actually do more?
Old 30th August 2010, 14:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
Seems logical. But if the idea were to generate good margins and allow people to jump the line, then how would a meagre 250 units (as told by dealer here) help to generate that good margin?

With say 1.5L premium over the normal Fortuner, they would get 375 Lacs, which according to me is peanuts for the company.
Why would they settle with 250 nos. when they could actually do more?
Sir, a little bit of sales logic.

Toyota is finding hard to meet the sales demand for the regular model.
Many people who want to buy a Fortuner deter from booking one because of the long waiting period.Toyota can make a killing from the regular model sales if they speed up production.

The anniversary edition is launched as a mark of respect for the customers who have made this model a huge success in spite of delivery constraints.

Zen classic limited edition was launch by Maruti owing to the huge response they got from the customers, very few of them were manufactured and were sold in no time.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 30th August 2010 at 15:00. Reason: Edit
Old 31st August 2010, 12:34   #36
BHPian

The Anniversary Edition Fortuner will only be available to people who have made bookings and are willing to spend that little extra for an early delivery.

I took delivery of my Fortuner on 10th December 2009 and it came with a "few extras" on it which included the TRD kit (probably the first TRD Kit Fortuner on our forum)

I was given a choice of forgoing the car and taking delivery in Jan or Feb if i did not want to spend the extra amount for all the accessories fitted onto that particular vehicle.
I knew the prices of the Fortuner and the Road Tax structure for Delhi would make the base car dearer by about a Lac from January 2010 so i paid the extra amount and took delivery.

In hindsight it was a wise choice as i got most of the accessories i wanted and paid less than what i would have, had i taken delivery of a "plain" Fortuner in Jan or Feb 2010.

The TRD kit in my opinion looks good. It included Front and Rear bumper Skirts, Door Claddings (4), and cover for the Side Step.

The one in the current Anniversary Edition only comes with the Front and Rear Bumper Skirts.

As a side note i would like to mention that my Fortuner has completed 14,745 delightful kilometers since then and it always puts a smile on my face whenever i drive it..
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner Anniversary Edition-11122009746.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Anniversary Edition-24122009793.jpg  

Old 31st August 2010, 13:02   #37
BANNED

Thats good news Mannuj.
I have one grouse though. None of the Fortuner owners are updating their ownership threads with service and performance details. I feel that most of the Fortuners on TBHP have crossed 10k kms and there is hardly any update of the service costs, FE figures post run ins etc.

Sorry for posting it here but I hope it elicits some replies.
Old 31st August 2010, 16:45   #38
BHPian

I think this version looks less appealing than the regular Fortuner.

Aesthetically, the side runners look great as do the less aggressive front and rear skirts. Chrome headlight lining looks great too. But thats about it. Any more and the car looks very Gujju (i.e. cheap despite further expense)

I'm quite impressed by the regular car though I'd probably be even more pleased with a CVT transmission thrown in the mix.
Old 25th September 2011, 23:47   #39
BHPian

Are TKM still selling these?
Haven't seen one of these new ones lately..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks