Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 18:40   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Toyota Fortuner Anniversary Edition

What I find most interesting in the press release is that 10,000 Fortuners have moved off the showroom floor already! This kind of demand for a 20 lakh rupee vehicle was completely unprecedented in the Indian market. Be sure to check this thread out - The 20 lakh rupee game-changers.

Anni edition could be a good option for those who want to bypass the long waiting period for the regular Fortuner.

Toyota Fortuner Anniversary Edition-fortuner.jpg

Toyota Fortuner Anniversary Edition-fortuner-pic-1.jpg

Quote:
Toyota Introduces the Fortuner Anniversary Edition

• To commemorate the vehicle’s first anniversary in India
• Only 250 units to be made available
• Priced at Rs. 20,45,000 (Ex-showroom, Delhi)
• Fortuner has been the market leader in its segment since its launch last year − over 10,000 vehicles sold so far

The Toyota Fortuner was launched on August 24, 2009 and since then has maintained close to a 60 per cent market share in its segment.

The features that contribute to the new look are a Front Bumper Spoiler, Rear Roof Spoiler and Rear Bumper Spoiler all in body colour, and a chrome plated Muffler Cutter giving it a distinct touch.
Old 24th August 2010, 18:54   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What I find most interesting in the press release is that 10,000 Fortuners have moved off the showroom floor already! This kind of demand for a 20 lakh rupee vehicle was completely unprecedented in the Indian market.
Maybe I am way off, but the aspiration of owning a Prado-esq vehicle for 1/2 the price of a Prado, is one of the main reasons for this.
Old 24th August 2010, 18:59   #3
BHPian

I thought Anniversary models were made primarily to up sagging sales. This SUV is doing pretty well so why bring one up?
Old 24th August 2010, 19:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
I thought Anniversary models were made primarily to up sagging sales. This SUV is doing pretty well so why bring one up?
maybe the aniv edition is to say thanks to the customers who made the Forturner a success story for TKM!

btw the aniv edition in all white and the additional kit makes it look very attractive.
Old 24th August 2010, 19:37   #5
BHPian

yea, its selling so good that a friend of mine was asked give around a lac of rupees under the table to book it. She dropped the fortuner and went for the captiva.
Old 24th August 2010, 19:45   #6
PCS
BHPian

Guys Have You Noticed, The Hood Air Dam Is Grey In Colour ????

Can Anyone Please Confirm
Old 24th August 2010, 20:05   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

And also the rear bumper has a cutout for the second exhaust,seems to be lifted from the petrol fortuner in the international market.
phew! ,With this price,this much sale. God knows what it would have been if it was sold for it's original price(13lakhs).
Damn thailand.
Old 24th August 2010, 20:53   #8
BHPian

took a delivery of a black fortuner from grace toyota today.
This ivory colored fortuner was there in the parking lot, noticed the the different colored air intake on the hood but failed to notice the anniversary sticker at the back.
I thought its the showpiece doing round since auto expo days.
Above all it wasnt looking good. Sorry to dissapoint few but it was looking as good as a man in a yellow skirt. the black and white fortuners were looking far better
In fact my brother said if its the same auto expo showcased one and with this peculiar color would be sold at a huge discount.
Old 24th August 2010, 21:34   #9
BHPian

It is also a way for the company (Toyota) to rake in a lot more moolah over the same model by adding tid-bits and more important gives 'waiting in despair' buyers to jump the queue. So i guess a win-win situation.
Old 24th August 2010, 21:42   #10
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2010 at 10:28.
.Albatross. is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th August 2010, 21:47   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
And also the rear bumper has a cutout for the second exhaust,seems to be lifted from the petrol fortuner in the international market.
Don't think that is meant for second exhaust. It has to be the cover of tow hook.
Old 24th August 2010, 22:32   #12
BHPian

The only thing they've done is put on a TRD kit on the car and labelled it an anniversary edition. Nothing special about it...
Old 24th August 2010, 23:20   #13
BHPian

Not sure but trying to derive to this conclusion logically, i assume that at the time of launching the Anni Edition they have some cars ready for delivery. The whole idea of exclusivity does not sound too appalling if deliveries are 8 month down the line. But at the same time i could be wrong, check with your local Toyota dealership.

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2010 at 10:28. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 25th August 2010, 00:10   #14
BHPian

Pic

Toyota Fortuner Anniversary Edition-24082010876.jpg

The only picture i clicked when i was there at Grace Toyota. This is how the color looks in reality.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:00   #15
BHPian

Colour is more like a pearl-white Safari Prem.

Most Viewed