Team-BHP - Audi Q7 diesels launched with 8 speed tiptronic
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Audi Q7 diesels launched with 8 speed tiptronic (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/87701-audi-q7-diesels-launched-8-speed-tiptronic.html)

Audi has silently launched its upgraded Q7 4.2 TDI and 3.0 TDI with 8 speed tiptronic transmission, which replaces the previous model which had a 6 speed tiptronic gearbox.
Both the 3.6 FSI and 4.2 V8 petrols have been withdrawn from the Indian market. Even in Germany, these two engines have been replaced with two versions of 3.0 TFSi supercharged petrol, one with 272 ps and another with 333 ps.
Highly unlikely chance of Q7 petrols to come back to India given our appetite and bulk of Q7 sales come from diesels.

BASE Prices start from Rs. 55,65,000 for the 3.0 tdi and Rs. 66,93,000 for the 4.2 tdi with plethora of options, some obscenely expensive.

Other specifications remain the same.

expect to see a substantial improvement in the Q7's efficiency figures . Could really help the 4.2 tdi given that there is so much insane power on tap

I thought,3.0 went out of production,after 4.2 was launched.
Correct me if i am wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2042480)
I thought,3.0 went out of production,after 4.2 was launched.
Correct me if i am wrong?

Nope it was available.

Entropy - Time to upgrade again:D

Oh bhoy! now, expect to see the petrol ones depreciate like MAD! .. especially the 4.2 TFSI. Should get a really good deal on one in a couple of months (in the used market).

Quote:

Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss (Post 2042559)
Oh bhoy! now, expect to see the petrol ones depreciate like MAD! .. especially the 4.2 TFSI. Should get a really good deal on one in a couple of months (in the used market).

FSI you mean. Its not Turbocharged :p. But barely any were sold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2042495)
Nope it was available.
Entropy - Time to upgrade again:D

he he .. Not this time :D. Was well aware of this change coming however 6 speed to 8 speed does not really matters much as I'm not that green. Besides now around 67 is the ex-showroom for base which would translate to about 75 with customary options. So in all about 8 Lakhs saving and the joy of experiencing all that power now is worth it all. Next upgrade point could be 2012/13 for Q7 when I expect the new model to hit India.

This 8 speed gearbox would be more helpful for the 4.2 litre behemoth. Hope the shifting time is really fast too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjunrudra (Post 2042821)
This 8 speed gearbox would be more helpful for the 4.2 litre behemoth. Hope the shifting time is really fast too.

o believe me ! , this would probably be one of the best & smoothest gearboxes one would ever experience ! i JUST read the report of the latest A8 6.0 w12. Its unbelievable !!! :eek: What tech etc etc etc. ! apart from the fact that the audi updated line up ( A4, new A8, upcoming A7) look similar, Audi have pretty much done everything right with the new A8 ! I hope customers like it and go for it in India ! Too harsh to just see it ignored like the present-gen A8

Just wondering how many horses does 4.2 TDI has under the hood?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT (Post 2044309)
Just wondering how many horses does 4.2 TDI has under the hood?

This version produces 240 kW/326 bhp and 760 Nm of torque.

Under the bonnet of the new Audi Q7 4.2 TDI is the most powerful diesel engine the brand has to offer as claimed by the Manufacturer.

Source: Audi Q7 4.2 TDI: most powerful diesel SUV on the market

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aarman_008 (Post 2044325)
This version produces 240 kW/326 bhp and 760 Nm of torque.

Under the bonnet of the new Audi Q7 4.2 TDI is the most powerful diesel engine the brand has to offer as claimed by the Manufacturer.

Source: Audi Q7 4.2 TDI: most powerful diesel SUV on the market

Not really there is a v10 1000Nm version on sale in Europe, but not available in India.

i read in the A8 release that the same 4.2TDI engine is doing duty on the A8 but operating fuel injection pressure is higher (2000 Bar) and hence it generates a higher output power and torque (800 + Nm) . This change was supposed to happen in the q7 also alongwith the 8 speed "tiptranny" .
q7 quotes a 10.1 kmpl figure on the website !! INTERESTING !!