Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2010, 18:41   #1
BHPian

Maruti Eeco New Variants ??

I was just going through the Maruti Sukuzi Eeco website (Maruti Suzuki eeco car: Happiness Family Size) and noticed three tabs on the right side:
  1. CNG Green
  2. Flexi Cargo
  3. Care Ambulance
Is anyone aware of Eeco being launched as an Ambulance ?? If you do, can you post some details and if possible the price.

Any information would be helpful as I am looking to purchase an ambulance for my Hospital and the Eeco would fit the bill perfectly.
Old 28th August 2010, 21:18   #2
BHPian

I don't think these variants were made available initially. You should check with the Maruti dealers in your city, may be it will be launched soon.
Old 28th August 2010, 23:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

CNG Eeco has already been launched.You can check it out in this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...aunched-3.html
Old 29th August 2010, 01:18   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
CNG Eeco has already been launched.You can check it out in this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...aunched-3.html
He is asking about the ambulance variant.
Old 29th August 2010, 01:42   #5
BHPian

@godhatesmyguts - I was helping out a school for its transportation needs, and the winger was being made available and customizable, maybe the same would apply for the Eeco, speak to your local Maruti Regional Office, not the dealer.
Old 29th August 2010, 13:40   #6
BHPian

Best suited for Ambulance

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhatesmyguts View Post
I was just going through the Maruti Sukuzi Eeco website (Maruti Suzuki eeco car: Happiness Family Size) and noticed three tabs on the right side:
  1. CNG Green
  2. Flexi Cargo
  3. Care Ambulance
Is anyone aware of Eeco being launched as an Ambulance ?? If you do, can you post some details and if possible the price.

Any information would be helpful as I am looking to purchase an ambulance for my Hospital and the Eeco would fit the bill perfectly.
Tata is launching the vehicle 'TATA VENTURE'. It will be smaller than the TATA WINGER, but bigger than MARUTI OMNI and MARUTI EECO. Venture is coming with the tried and tested TDI diesel engine (from TATA INDICA) with mileage of 20 kmpl and a price tag of below 4 lakhs. It is likely to be more comfortable than the EECO also. (Last week, I hired the TATA WINGER MAXI VAN - 12 seater for a tour of 800 kms with family and friends. All our earlier tours were in Tempo Traveller. Tata Winger was surprisingly comfortable compared to the tempo travellers. The same kind of good suspension system is likely to come for the VENTURE also). Tata Venture looks more balanced than the Maruti EECO. I think, Venture may be a better choice for your ambulance.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Eeco New Variants ??-tataventure.jpg  

Last edited by KMohanan : 29th August 2010 at 13:43. Reason: For Adding a picture
Old 30th August 2010, 11:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

We need more vans like this, between 4-6 would be better to offer, ABS and Airbags. I like to see Eeco with Power steering (already available?)ABS and Airbags, even if it increase the price to couple of lacks, I am sure it will be still a hot cake, a family mover which has safely too.

Instead of dumping hatches and premium hatches Since, manufactures in India should focus on Small - premium vans. This segment is so week and thin, Except Maruthi no one seems to be showing interest.
Old 31st August 2010, 10:05   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhatesmyguts View Post
  1. CNG Green
  2. Flexi Cargo
  3. Care Ambulance
Considering how popular the Omni is within the commercial segment, and the fact that the Eeco is its natural successor, this is only natural. They are also specifically targeting the courier, airport transportation and school bus segments.

Good move. The Eeco is well priced and the CNG variant will find favour with business owners.
Old 31st August 2010, 19:17   #9
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
@Kmohanan, thanks for your inputs, the Venture looks like a good option and ill keep that in mind. Just hope the turning radius is manageable.
@newfromcapone, will do that.
Old 7th September 2010, 08:52   #10
BHPian

The price list has been updated. Ambulance with AC and heater, and a "Flexi" (Cargo?) now shown. Almost perfect size for a city- bound ambulance.

Last edited by Yeldo : 7th September 2010 at 08:53.
Old 10th September 2010, 19:21   #11
BHPian

The website with the ambulance brochure and specifications is now updated:
Eeco Flexi Green

Really great news for me.
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Eeco New Variants - School vans

The Eeco has yet another variant added to its feathers. This time it is the school van guise. Maruti has launched it in Pune in association with one of its dealer. It is to be seen if this variant will be rolled out across the country. Since the school vans are the most unregulated segment in our land, any effort to have vehicles adhering to basic safety norms are welcome. Some of the salient features of these school vans include seat belts, hangers to hold, safety grills, speed governor, first aid box and fire extinguisher.

Quoted from Business Standard -
Taking a step forward in providing concrete solution to the transportation needs of school children, country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki has unveiled its OMNI and EECO Cars in the new modified avatar of school vans.

Maruti suzuki develops customised school vans
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Eeco New Variants ??

An ambulance is basically an air conditioned cargo van. It can be as small as an Omni or as large as a tractor trailer.

I have seen small Ambulance starting on Omni, Bolero, Max, Sumo etc. In fact if there is a cargo version (windows only on the front seat), there is an ambulance version. A lot of light 4x4 vehicles are used as ambulance by the Armed Forces.
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:31   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@godhatesmyguts - I was helping out a school for its transportation needs, and the winger was being made available and customizable, maybe the same would apply for the Eeco, speak to your local Maruti Regional Office, not the dealer.

Not Sure if EECO is released with CNG yet but does it make sense to use a Petrol variant for the purpose? again the fuel efficiency is not that good as well .

guess Winger / Venture with the deisel heart will make more sense.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:05   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Not Sure if EECO is released with CNG yet but does it make sense to use a Petrol variant for the purpose? again the fuel efficiency is not that good as well .

guess Winger / Venture with the deisel heart will make more sense.
Yes they have
Maruti Suzuki eeco car: Happiness Family Size
prices
Maruti Suzuki Eeco ex showroom Price: affordable, value for money car in India

Diesel is discouraged, at least in Delhi, where all commercial vehicles have to be CNG.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks