Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2010, 03:54   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

It does not make sense for Maruti to sell both older and newer generation Swift's together. I feel the new Swift will be replacing the existing old generation Swift, this way Maruti will be able to position the new Swift at a higher price point. At the current positioning the Swift is eating up Ritz sales.

But a positioning similar to Indica and Vista can also be possible. Either ways the competition has a big reason to be worried.
Old 4th September 2010, 10:09   #77
BHPian

Well - I certainly hope that Maruti has given a thought to the waiting periods that they require customers to endure even for the current avatar of the Swift and the DZire. By the time current bookings get materialized, a newer version of the car would hit the showrooms and going by the waiting periods in place at the moment - IMHO, buyers should be ready for a really long wait !.

But all said and done - Its good to see the good old Swift in a new garb !!.. Yayy !. Scoop pics anyone ? (I did see a thread here on T-BHP but the test car seemed to be covered)
Old 17th September 2010, 20:36   #78
BHPian

@Montoo:
Thats awesome news!
A friend of mine has booked a Swift and plans to take delivery this Diwali.
Would you advise that we BLOCK the booking so that he can get a new Swift instead of the old one.

Please share your thoughts.
Old 30th September 2010, 15:50   #79
BHPian

@raajks : Its worthwihile to wait for the new model, as your friend is going to live with that vehicle for atleast 3 years and he would always have a pang in his heart "Why the hell did'nt i wait for a couple of months"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks