Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 00:19   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Wow! Great news. Could you please confirm if is sells along with the old Swift? And any info on pricing? I somehow have the feeling that Maruti will mess up with the pricing this time.

According to me, the old Swift and new Swift should not sell together because:
1. They are likely to have the same engine.
2. The new Swift is a hint bigger than the old one.
3. The new Swift has to sell as a "Swift" and not as any other car. Just the brand value and reputation.
4. This is purely my opinion, but I don't think a Swift will sell if priced alongside an i20.
+1

Its really hard to believe that new Swift would be out in next 2-3 months. But if its really a case then I guess I should wait before making a booking. Swift with more space would be delicious.
Old 30th August 2010, 01:00   #17
BHPian

Launching the new Swift before the Etios definitely makes sense for Maruti. And selling the current Swift at a price lower point than the Ritz,if true, will take care of any competition in the foreseable future. Maruti is definitely very well placed in the small car segment.
Old 30th August 2010, 02:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

They look so alike, I really doubt Maruti planning to sell both generations alongside. If they do, how will they name the new gen.. Swift+? Swifter?

Hoping that the boot paste on will be better this time on the Dzire. Wouldn't it be great and they launch both new gen Swift and Dzire simultaneously?
Old 30th August 2010, 07:36   #19
BHPian

i beg your paedon,i mean to say no diesel kizashi.
Old 30th August 2010, 09:32   #20
BHPian

2 Swift is impossible. It does not make sense, neither from Business nor from Product. New Swift would be an upgrade.
Swift is already in a little danger (Figo?), also with so many cars coming out now and for next year as well. Although 2 Altos are in the same market right now: But same should not happen with Swift. Swift is expensive and is of a segment higher - 2 of them can damage the image of Swift. Only price can justify 2 Swifts running at same time. Higher price = competition with i20, Punto etc. More over with 2 Swifts : which one would continue on DZire? (2 DZires ?) - nope.
I think the upgrade would be applicable to DZire and Swift both. DZire would become even a hotter car with more space and hopefully better handling (longer wheelbase, wider track).

Too early to tell. BTW, Has the European Swift (the upgraded one) been launched in the market?
Old 30th August 2010, 09:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the Dzire would be upgraded to the specs of the new Swift.

The Dzire might get a visual upgrade though!
Old 30th August 2010, 10:10   #22
BHPian

Interesting news. I hope the new Swift will have a better build than the existing one. Having a VVT engine like the foreign markets would not be a bad option. As far as I know, the diesel engine remains unchanged.

I had a word with a Toyota rep from Bangalore. He confirms that the Etios sedan would be launched first around Nov/Dec followed by the hatch 3 months down the line. The diesel variants aren't expected until further 3 months from the hatch launch. Slightly in posting this in here.
Old 30th August 2010, 10:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Have any pics surfaced of the new Swift undergoing testing and/or homologation in India ?

According to my sources, its supposed to be launched in the Apr-May 2011 period.
Old 30th August 2010, 10:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Interesting news. I hope the new Swift will have a better build than the existing one. Having a VVT engine like the foreign markets would not be a bad option. As far as I know, the diesel engine remains unchanged.

I had a word with a Toyota rep from Bangalore. He confirms that the Etios sedan would be launched first around Nov/Dec followed by the hatch 3 months down the line. The diesel variants aren't expected until further 3 months from the hatch launch. Slightly in posting this in here.
Nice. Here is the thread that you might look for.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-etios-13.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Have any pics surfaced of the new Swift undergoing testing and/or homologation in India ?
According to my sources, its supposed to be launched in the Apr-May 2011 period.
I have also heard the same. I dont even see the upgraded international Swift on any website. How come it would come to India so soon. Mid of next year is what all the online sources say.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:30   #25
Senior - BHPian

Maruti launching New Swift early because :

1 Figo is selling in very good numbers. Compete it
2 MSIL dont want to lose there market share in India due to Figo.
3 They want to take benefit of Diwali.

I am also waiting for New Swift. Its a big launch for Maruti for sure. They want to make a strong comeback in premium hatchback market. They dont want Figo, Polo, i20 to take the lead in that segment
Old 30th August 2010, 11:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

What is the motor in India? 1.3 or 1.6? It would be great to see bigger engine Swift.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:56   #27
BHPian

^^^ Maruti had been shouting all over for their Fuel Efficiency . They'll stick to 1.2L K-series.
Old 30th August 2010, 12:12   #28
BHPian

That is really a great news. But what will happen to the customers who are in waiting period of delivery of old swift. There are two - three months long waiting period for swift in some parts of India.

Any info if they have started taking bookings for the new swift or any tentative dates when will maruti start taking orders.

Also what about the pricing of this car. I doubt that it will take head on i20 as i20 is available with lots of luxury features which are missing in new swift.
Old 30th August 2010, 12:30   #29

IMHO, I don't think the old swift is going to be priced less than RITZ (It has some cash discounts now) for the following reason

- The new WAGON R that was launched will face heat from the old SWIFT (just for the 1.2 K series engine the SWIFT will be better deal even if its 50 - 70 k more)
- In such case will they go for discounts on Wagon R? (Already analysts are worried about company's declining profits and there is no point in giving over importance to a particular model even though its one of the best). Alto and Wagon R are also maruti's important models.

For sure it is facing competition and all these are driving our automobile industry ahead.

If they were do such things then God bless the competition between Maruti's and their profits!
Old 30th August 2010, 12:32   #30
BHPian

With the present Maruti lethargy seems unlikely to be launched so soon, at best maybe around Apr-Jun 2011.....but lets hope Maruti surprises us with a Diwali launch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks