Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 12:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Before diwali launch is simply impossible ! We will possibly get it by May next year.
Reasons : Swift will complete it's six year cycle by May, and by that time MSIL will get enough time to tune the car for our conditions.

Secondly , two swifts selling side by side is highly unlikely.
Reason : No , changes made to Swift apart from a heart transplant, when Swift was launched earlier this year. This indicates , MSIL is preparing for launch of new swift !
Old 30th August 2010, 13:04   #32
BHPian

Earlier this month I had given my WagonR for some repairs at Aryan Motors and had gone to see the progress on the car driving my new Linea. A senior service advisor, who has also become a friend, was very disappointed with my Linea purchase and told me that I should have waited for Kizashi since it's coming by December at around 14 lacs. He was telling that they have started receiving training schedule for service engineers for Kizashi. Looks like Kizashi is coming soon. I also checked with him on new Swift and he was not very sure about dates and hinted at March 2011.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:22   #33
BHPian

TBhpiens spotting cars in testing (and posting scoop-pics) has been been uniformly common so far; I cant recall any exceptions where a fresh piece of meat has escaped our hawk eyes! Going by this theory, since there hasn't been any dope on the new swift thus far, my hunch as well, is that this would be out only in the 1st quarter of 2011
Old 30th August 2010, 14:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I dont think the Dzire would be upgraded to the specs of the new Swift.

The Dzire might get a visual upgrade though!
I agree. It makes sense for Maruti to keep using the existing dies for the Dzire and upgrade the Swift. The Dzire really has no competition and why change the car in its 3rd yr of production? They will keep it for at least 6 years IMHO. Plus, the Dzire is an India Specific Car, so the Maruti designers will take a while before they configure and test a sedan format which can take many months or even a year.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:32   #35
BHPian

TBhpiens spotting cars in testing (and posting scoop-pics) has been been uniformly common so far; I cant recall any exceptions where a fresh piece of meat has escaped our hawk eyes! Going by this theory, since there hasnt been any dope on the new swift thus far, my hunch as well, is that this would be out only in the 1st quarter of 2011
Old 30th August 2010, 14:56   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Earlier this month I had given my WagonR for some repairs at Aryan Motors and had gone to see the progress on the car driving my new Linea. A senior service advisor, who has also become a friend, was very disappointed with my Linea purchase and told me that I should have waited for Kizashi since it's coming by December at around 14 lacs. He was telling that they have started receiving training schedule for service engineers for Kizashi. Looks like Kizashi is coming soon. I also checked with him on new Swift and he was not very sure about dates and hinted at March 2011.
What I came to know was, Swift and Kizashi might be on the same platform. The front visuals would be quite similar.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:02   #37
BHPian

If ALTO and ALTO K10 can exist, So can swift and swift (grande). I think MSIL will keep both of them. They are not afraid of overlapping, in fact, overlapping seems to be their strategy.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
What I came to know was, Swift and Kizashi might be on the same platform. The front visuals would be quite similar.
How can they both share a similar platform. One is a Super-mini and the other is a full-size sedan with totally different dimensions. They could share the same assembly line,but even that is absurd because they don't share any parts between them.

IMHO Suzuki should replace the current Swift with the new one. Selling both of them side by side will dilute the brand value and will hinder their chances of growing in to higher segments.

Last edited by harishnair : 30th August 2010 at 15:42.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
How can they both share a similar platform. One is a Super-mini and the other is a full-size sedan with totally different dimensions. They could share the same assembly line,but even that is absurd because they don't share any parts between them.

IMHO Suzuki should replace the current Swift with the new one. Selling both of them side by side will dilute the brand value and will hinder their chances of growing in to higher segments.
I just read somewhere in the article, not really speculating it
The wheelbase difference can be upto a solid 200mm. But the correct specs are not out yet.
Old 30th August 2010, 16:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
I just read somewhere in the article, not really speculating it
The wheelbase difference can be upto a solid 200mm. But the correct specs are not out yet.
Certain articles can be misleading and are written without proper research or logic.

Suzuki Swift 2011
LxWxH(mm) - 3850 x 1695 x 1510
Wheelbase(mm) - 2430

Suzuki Kizashi
LxWxH (mm) - 4650 x 1820 x 1480
Wheelbase (mm) - 2700
Old 30th August 2010, 20:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

With Ford, VW, GM, Nissan and now Toyota coming up new competitive launches, Suzuki is now under real pressure , frankly speaking Suzuki was having a free run in India and was ruling the roost.
Suzuki’s new product pipeline does not seems to be that promising either. I am sure Suzuki will play all its cards to keep its market share but let us see how long they can fend the competition.
Old 30th August 2010, 20:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

With Ford, VW, GM, Nissan and now Toyota coming up new competitive launches, Suzuki is now under real pressure , frankly speaking Suzuki was having a free run in India and was ruling the roost.

Suzuki’s new product pipeline does not seems to be that promising either. I am sure Suzuki will play all its cards to keep its market share but let us see how long they can fend the competition.

Moderators Pls delete post #41 , posted unintentionally

Last edited by tj123 : 30th August 2010 at 20:17.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

!

5* Rating for the New swift
Old 31st August 2010, 15:27   #44
BHPian

Well, we can be sure of the launch date by reading in papers that Maruti has stopped booking the current Swift, no matter who or what the source is, it is quite impractical to launch the next generation without stopping the current one.

If Maruti opts to sell both generations side by side e.g. the Tata Indica & Vista, then new swift will be priced higher than the current swift (just by the shear dimensions & features), then no way it will lure customers on the VFM front, as it will be in the price bracket of Polo, Jazz, etc. which have lower volumes.

The alternate is Swift prices coming down by a bigger margin to beat competitors (Figo, Vista, etc.) & the new swift at the current price point to seal off the deal. This means that people who bought Swift just a few months back will find themselves cheated / disappointed because of the huge waiting periods & the price.

Quite a challenge to Maruti it seems, a true marketing trivia! They can't stop a high volume product (current 10000+ pm) and replace it with a new one that is slightly higher in price.

On the lighter side GTO will start a thread just like the one for Indica Vista! Hehehehe!
Old 31st August 2010, 18:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
Well, we can be sure of the launch date by reading in papers that Maruti has stopped booking the current Swift, no matter who or what the source is, it is quite impractical to launch the next generation without stopping the current one.

If Maruti opts to sell both generations side by side e.g. the Tata Indica & Vista, then new swift will be priced higher than the current swift (just by the shear dimensions & features), then no way it will lure customers on the VFM front, as it will be in the price bracket of Polo, Jazz, etc. which have lower volumes.

The alternate is Swift prices coming down by a bigger margin to beat competitors (Figo, Vista, etc.) & the new swift at the current price point to seal off the deal. This means that people who bought Swift just a few months back will find themselves cheated / disappointed because of the huge waiting periods & the price.

Quite a challenge to Maruti it seems, a true marketing trivia! They can't stop a high volume product (current 10000+ pm) and replace it with a new one that is slightly higher in price.

On the lighter side GTO will start a thread just like the one for Indica Vista! Hehehehe!
Maruti will pull off another "Maruti" with the swift again.
we have almost all generations of the alto running side by side at different price levels.
so the new swift might be released along with the current swift at a higher price.

Most Viewed