Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 13:08   #1
BHPian

Hyundai to launch Santa Fe EDIT: Now launched

HMIL will be launching their suv model santa fe in the month of august 2010. Three cars are already on test. Two days back they had done their first service in HMP. The colours are white, maroon and grey. They will be launching the middle trim level in india. We wont be getting the luxury variant. Internal source has indicated that the pricing would be between 18 to 20 lakhs. They are planning to target it with captiva and fortuner. Only diesel model MT will be available. Six color options would be there with 2years warranty. Leather seats would be standard. The milage would be 10-12km.

Personally i feel pricing should not cross 15l for the luxury variant. They should not do the sonata embera pricing mistake. I think initial booking will start from 1st week of august or even end of July.

Ronny
Old 10th June 2010, 13:52   #2
BHPian

Its a good news - hopefully, they would launch it soon. I first in BKC at an auto -expo at Mumbai in 2007 and since, then have been hearing news about its imminent launch. Many other competitive models have been launched since then and its not any exciting news anymore.
However, the Hyundai's portfoli currently, seriously needs a SUV/MUV .
Old 10th June 2010, 13:53   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Personally i feel pricing should not cross 15l for the luxury variant. They should not do the sonata embera pricing mistake.
Ronny
This could only happen if they build it here or atleast bring it as a CKD. A CBU route would always be pricier.
Old 10th June 2010, 14:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyquest View Post
Internal source has indicated that the pricing would be between 18 to 20 lakhs. They are planning to target it with captiva and fortuner. Only diesel model MT will be available.
IMO 18-20 lakhs is quiet high if its coming with 2.0 CRDI which is doing its duty in Sonata. Any info on the specs?

I doubt if someone will invest so much in a Hyundai!!

Last edited by HammerHead : 10th June 2010 at 14:35.
Old 10th June 2010, 14:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Straight Opinion

I think it will be tough for Hyundai to sell the SUV at this price, no matter how good it is. It will be competing with TOYOTA head on, which is a much more 'quality image' brand.

Also, its not one of the new design vehicles and does not carry the 'new' Hyundai design language. I can't see it going anywhere unless they launch it at 15-6 or so.

They will make for tremendous 'used' cars (Good cars which depreciate like stink and are available at cheap prices)

Tough road ahead for the vehicle.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK,it is supposed to come with a 2.2L 195PS engine.
if we were to go by figures,it will be a stonker
Old 10th June 2010, 15:02   #7
BHPian

CBU will push price north of 20 lakhs. A CKD/SKD is the way to survive in this segment
Old 10th June 2010, 15:07   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
This could only happen if they build it here or atleast bring it as a CKD. A CBU route would always be pricier.
Well, if it doesn;t happen there is no way it will beat the likes of Fortuner. I do not see anyone putting money for a Hyundai over the fortuner (Well the only reason I can think of is waiting time for fortuner - but surely Hyunai cannot define their product strategy based on that)
Price it above Fortuner with 2 L engine that is there in sonata and hyundai have a big disaster in their hands ! Even if it is indeed a better engine the number of people who will plonk 20 L+ for Hyundai in India will still be limited.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Ford has been able to sell 200-300 Endeavours every month despite the Fortuner launch, so I don't see why Hyundai can't sell one as long as it's priced correctly along with an AT option. But it has to look MEAN and SCARY! Otherwise it won't sell.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Santa Fe is a good vehicle, but at 18-20 price range Hyundai may find it tough to sell this machine. especially when Toyota's 'Quality' Fortuner and Ford's 'huge/mean looker' Endy in the market.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

If Tuscon was selling reasonably well at 18 lakhs onroad, Santa fe can sell @20.
Of course it can never match the sales figures of the Fortuner but can it keep up with Captivas and Endeavors.
Old 10th June 2010, 15:52   #12
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Guna Tucson - does not sell at all - almost at all.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:16   #13
BHPian

Hyundai to launch Santa Fe in October.

I was just reading the Economic Times today(30/08/2010) and came across the article that Hyundai will be launching the Santa Fe in October-November.It will be priced between 22-24 lakhs and will be a CBU import.The SUV will be powered by a 2.2 ltr diesel motor.The SUV is a 7 seater.According to Mr.Saxena (Director Marketing & Sales) if the sales pick up then they will think of building the car in domestically.

Hyundai is also planning to bring the New Sonata by the year end.They are focusing on increasing there market share in premium segment.

Even Toyota will begin the test production of the Etios from the next month to check the quality and other related things.

This year auto enthusiasts can have a Happy Diwali.
Old 30th August 2010, 13:32   #14
BHPian

I was in Kathmandu last March. I have seen the car in flesh. Damn huge it is... Amazing road presence. It can outclass many cars in terms of looks and size. Pricing would interesting. Opportunity for Hyundai here!
Old 30th August 2010, 13:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
I was in Kathmandu last March. I have seen the car in flesh. Damn huge it is... Amazing road presence. It can outclass many cars in terms of looks and size. Pricing would interesting. Opportunity for Hyundai here!

Bro did you see the Sonata or the Santa Fe?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks