Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 15:58   #1
BHPian

Maruti & Tata lead Most Trusted Automobile Brand survey

In a due to be published news in Economic Times, Brand Equity survey for the most trusted brands in automobile sector (Four-Wheelers) is lead by Maruti Suzuki with Tata Motors with an impressive runner up slot.

Brand Equity published by Economic Times holds the most trusted brand survey of Indian consumers annually and is considered most reliable source of brand standings in India.

The objective of the survey is to present most trusted names in respective industries in terms of brand recognition and brand value. Last years survey was lead by Nokia in overall category with Colgate as runner-up. In automobile sector, Maruti Suzuki was once again the leader in 2009 with Honda and Mahindra as runner up.

While the entire list will be published in Economic Times on September 01, 2010, it is worthy to note Tata Motors jump from 4th position last year to 2nd position this year...
Old 31st August 2010, 16:13   #2
BHPian

I am extremely happy to see tata right up there with suzuki, beating the likes of honda, hyundai and toyota. I have always thought that TATA always give their cars a 100%. Being only about 12 years old it is astounding to see what they are achieving against the mightiest names in the Indian Car scene. I sincerely hope Tata continues with their upward trend and they continue to provide us with cars which actually make a lot of sense. I would love to see tata slowly becoming a global auto maker!
Old 31st August 2010, 18:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
I am extremely happy to see tata right up there with suzuki, beating the likes of honda, hyundai and toyota. I have always thought that TATA always give their cars a 100%. Being only about 12 years old it is astounding to see what they are achieving against the mightiest names in the Indian Car scene.
+1 Absolutely I am happy too for TATA.

It is due to their enormous VFM packages that things like "Jazz" got the bashing they deserve. No..No Jazz is not at all a bad product not even inferior it is purely the VFM quotient which put things in correct perspective.

Kudos to TATA
Now start focussing on A.S.S also and days shall be numbered for anybody to retain Numero Uno slot.

Cheers
Old 31st August 2010, 18:57   #4
BHPian

Great news about Tata. I always thought that they were sincerely trying to improve on the customer satisfaction front, however, their dealerships seem to be pulling them down. Coupled with this, the quality control issues are something that have always haunted them.
This survey seems to suggest that Tata is making some headway on both these counts and for that, we, as customers stand to gain.
Old 31st August 2010, 19:05   #5
BHPian

Good to see Tata at No 2,but these surveys have to taken with a pinch of salt.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/41820-my-experience-jd-power-quality-survey.html
Old 31st August 2010, 19:33   #6
BHPian

I think Tata is getting the benefits of excellent products like Vista and Manza. Aria should also help them improve their reputation.

The main thing they need to take care of is their dealers. I don't think its that difficult to do, the main reason why Maruti A S S is good is that the dealers are scared of Maruti. With Tata/Fiat it seems like the reverse.
Old 1st September 2010, 07:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

On what points of trust is this survey conducted? Is it that
1) As a brand it can be trusted on good dealer ship, timely delivery, ease of booking, ready availability etc factors
2) Whether the brands are trusted on their after sales service?
3) whether the brands are trusted on cheaper spares cost, resale value.

I guess most of the times these surveys believe in the sales figures than in the actual customer satisfaction. How many of us who brought a car either from Maruti or Tata were asked to fill a customer satisfaction form and the comments mentioned taken seriously. Merely making VFM vehicles and putting customers to all sorts of trouble is not a means of climbing up the rankings.

I still remember Tata motors dilly dallying the manking of Manza available for Test drives when they were to be launched and still Tata makes it to the second position. No offence meant to Tata vehicle owners, just my personal opinion.

Last edited by ghodlur : 1st September 2010 at 07:53.
Old 1st September 2010, 08:52   #8
BHPian

Expected Maruti to be there as always.
Would love to know where M&M is slotted in the ladder. I believe M&M makes real VFM products and lives up to the customer expectations, including after sales service. Recently my friend's 1 year old Bolero's doors started showing signs of rusting. One prompt mail to M&M and they replaced all the 5 doors, free of cost including a free check up and service.

+1. Happy for TATA motors.
Old 1st September 2010, 09:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
1) As a brand it can be trusted on good dealer ship, timely delivery, ease of booking, ready availability etc factors

I guess most of the times these surveys believe in the sales figures than in the actual customer satisfaction. How many of us who brought a car either from Maruti or Tata were asked to fill a customer satisfaction form and the comments mentioned taken seriously. Merely making VFM vehicles and putting customers to all sorts of trouble is not a means of climbing up the rankings.

I still remember Tata motors dilly dallying the manking of Manza available for Test drives when they were to be launched and still Tata makes it to the second position. No offence meant to Tata vehicle owners, just my personal opinion.
I completely agree with this. On what parameters they arrived at this figure? Tata Dealerships/Service centres still highly lack on professionalism. I couldn't believe this survey.
Old 1st September 2010, 09:32   #10
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Am happy to see TATA Motors at no2 and would actually like to see them at the no1 spot in the future as it is besides mahindra the only other truly Indian company - Suzuki being Japanese.

Brand trust ratings could be on multiple parameters, which the article when published will surely reveal. Yes Tata can improve further on service experience, but in general most buyers who face an issue with a TATA car have reported that the company has always responded favourably to replacing / repairing any defect and that adds to brand trust.
TATA was the first company from India to go for NCAP Safety testing, and is also the first in India to have a test track within it's facitlity.
I guess other vendors have test tracks elsewhere globaly and don't see the need to a test track in India, which also is fine.

I guess this implies greater customer confidence and given the vista, manza and the soon to come Aria this is truly deserved.
Old 1st September 2010, 11:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Maruti truly deserves the number one position. You can blindly rely on there cars & service. They are just too good, dealers too are well trained & managed.

Tata gaining number 2 position is a surprise. I guess its purely because of Vista & Manza. Quality is improved to a certain level & less problems are observed. They deserve it

Last edited by aniketi : 1st September 2010 at 11:40. Reason: correction
Old 1st September 2010, 12:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

The horror stories about Tata posted on TBhp is evident on pathetic service. But what're the parameters that goes into this to make this ranking? I guess its only the products, if that's the case, I'm wondering why would anyone consider Japs to be less reliable than Tata? Whatever be the case, if the survey has been done honestly, then Tata at #2, signs of improvement. Good!!!

Last edited by aargee : 1st September 2010 at 12:12.
Old 1st September 2010, 12:12   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

But in my 5 years of life with Indica Xeta, I never faced any issue with the car. But YES, all the service centers which I tried gave me hell lot of troubles. So the major issue with TATA is just the dealers and service and not with manufacturing quality. Improve A.S.S experience, and they truly deserve a higher position.
Old 1st September 2010, 12:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Its suprising that very few people take into account the thousands of Tatas that are abused on our roads with little or no TLC at all. These are not cars that adorn the front of car porches for prestige purposes and log a few kms strolling within city limits, get polished weekly, making sure the paint work isnt scratched and ponder wether which premium fuel suits the engine the most. They are overloaded, overworked, irregularly serviced and juiced till the car can move no more.

This is what Tata cars can do, which is mostly overlooked by us who can afford more expensive options but not by many for whom affrdability and running costs are a concern. If every car they made was all bad news, this co. would have been wound up long ago let alone stand high in customer rankings. That is not the case is it?!! There are lacs of them going about their business on our streets and slowly and steadily all around the world. The likes of Tata & Mahindra do have their drawbacks, but they have their strengths and not to forget their indigenous independence, for these reasons alone they deserve to be where they are today.
Old 1st September 2010, 12:58   #15
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Its suprising that very few people take into account the thousands of Tatas that are abused on our roads with little or no TLC at all. These are not cars that adorn the front of car porches for prestige purposes and log a few kms strolling within city limits, get polished weekly, making sure the paint work isnt scratched and ponder wether which premium fuel suits the engine the most. They are overloaded, overworked, irregularly serviced and juiced till the car can move no more.

This is what Tata cars can do, which is mostly overlooked by us who can afford more expensive options but not by many for whom affrdability and running costs are a concern. If every car they made was all bad news, this co. would have been wound up long ago let alone stand high in customer rankings. That is not the case is it?!! There are lacs of them going about their business on our streets and slowly and steadily all around the world. The likes of Tata & Mahindra do have their drawbacks, but they have their strengths and not to forget their indigenous independence, for these reasons alone they deserve to be where they are today.
How true, yes this is an aspect that most forget in oversight. Why would a Taxi driver buy an Indica / Indigo if it was not the best value, sufficently reliable and economical to maintain. Why to fleet operators repeatedly buy from the TATA brand but for the sheer value proposition that they get not just on buying but also on running.

Why do we when we go on outstation trips not ask for a wagon R, or a Swift or a Dzire for a Taxi, why the Indica / Indigo - why are other economical options not available? There must be something that they do right.

Why has the TATA Sumo defect thread that was asleep since the last 6 months suddenly come awake today - coincidence - too much of a coincidence.

TATA has less than 20% market share, obviously the vechile lovers would be also be less than 20% - one needs to use one to be able to comment on it in the true sense. Yes some have had bad experiences, but there are a lot of great experiences - why not check out the Tata Safari Photo's thread that lists out great locals that only these vechiles make it to, why only the issue thread?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks