Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 10:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Looking at the graphics, it appears MSIL wants to create a hatred among swift lovers for this aging beauty, so that they can bring focus on new swift that is launched world wide.
Truly said. And, i hope they don't sell both models thereby inflating the price of the new model and making double the profit.
Old 6th September 2010, 10:59   #47
BHPian

In trains, we have the concept of Tatkal: You pay 200-300 extra to jump the queue.

Maruti had a similar tatkal concept in their flagship 800, sometime back in 1995-1996. I remember seeing the TK badge 800s that costed 20-30k extra but provided instant gratification (normal waiting time used to be 9-12 months in those days).

The TK trick may not work these days, in the era of strong competition. So, this 'limited edition' appears to be more of a marketing concept to make more money. So put a new badge, some stickers and make more money in the 'designer' concept.

I wouldnt be surprised of the production of the 'standard' swift models is reduced to make way for the higher priced 'limited edition'. And unless one is an insider, one can never say if 1000 pieces have been manufactured or 10000.

My 2 cents.
Old 11th September 2010, 19:01   #48
BHPian

A limited edition of a company should come with exclusive features. Perks that no other swift has which makes it different and a collecter's item. To mark an anniversary they should launch it in colors that are not readily available in competing hatch backs. Or any anything with a s(ex) factor. Instead.......

They drew some doodles on it.

Most Viewed