Team-BHP - Maruti launches Swift Limited edition
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti launches Swift Limited edition (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/88117-maruti-launches-swift-limited-edition.html)

Guys, please refer maruti website

Price = 4.83 lacs

Sporty graphics
Leather seats
integrated autio

called swift one million edition. 1000 units to be produced

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCS (Post 2051992)
Guys, please refer maruti website

Price = 4.83 lacs

Sporty graphics
Leather seats
integrated autio

called swift one million edition. 1000 units to be produced

I don't find anything new in the website. Care to share the link?

I always think that graphics are quite a cheesy add on. Really no value addition and a maintenance headache eventually.

P.S: Hope the leather seats are 'genuine' leather

Not many words on the exact features.

Limited edition of Swift launched by Maruti Suzuki

sorry guys,

could not post the link

but please note the date of press release , its saying sep 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of providing silly decals and fancy names, MSIL could have offered something like it does with the Ritz. Real features like rear wash/wipe, integrated audio etc. pertaining to both Petrol and Diesel variants.

Why do they always stick to the Petrol variant when it comes to Swift Limited editions? First the Glam and now this!

Limited editions,so is this a sign of the impending launch of the New Swift?

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 2052038)
Limited editions,so is this a sign of the impending launch of the New Swift?

Stock clearance of the old swift - do you mean that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 2052037)
Instead of providing silly decals and fancy names, MSIL could have offered something like it does with the Ritz. Real features like rear wash/wipe, integrated audio etc. pertaining to both Petrol and Diesel variants.

Why do they always stick to the Petrol variant when it comes to Swift Limited editions? First the Glam and now this!

agree:. The cash cow Diesel is always excluded from such things. At least this somewhat ok compared to Ford Fiesta where a limited period offer comes up every fortnight.

I definitely don't want any "Sporty Graphics" on my car. I don't want any "all new" graphics either. :Frustrati

Really funny; Maruti's site says the date as Sep 2 - Limited edition of Swift launched by Maruti Suzuki

However NDTV's site says the date as Sep 1 - Maruti launches limited edition of Swift - NDTV Profit

Except sporty decals, these features are bit ok "Goldsmith Black" color, special integrated stereo with USB and speakers, luxurious leather seats, cushion. I wish they added a tilt steering & driver seat height adjustable, sporty alloys, rear wipers & steering mounted audio controls for the same price.

Should be a stock clearence sale for the Vxi models. Did I read they achieved the "1 million swift" milestone in late March?? :eek: So why the limited edition is coming now?

I feel the Ritz limited edition is much better where they cared to offer some real good features which were not even present as an option [read Diesel variant]. Such moves are real welcome than providing Leather seats and decals which could be easily done after market where we have lots of options too.

P.S.: I wanted to fit the rear wash / wipe for my Swift VDi and all dealers refused saying that they cant do it and it has to be done from company "only" as it required ECU tweaking !!! not sure they bluffed or not !

^^ i agree !! this is nothing but stock clearance of petrol variant. So that means the new swift is on its way clap:

However, what still makes me wonder is why would they launch the limited edition swift when they has 2+ months waiting period (for petrol versions too) ?? They could have might just deliver the waiting customers !

First, they fleece customers (PS - I owned WagonR for over 7 years and enjoyed the reliable and effective product). Black ORVMs, Black door handles on Petrol only. No price reductions - not even discounts - when engine is changed to K12m and is eligible for lower excise duty. And then, they come out with such tack add-ons and charge more money for that.

For what they are offering, existing 'regular' price would be just fine. Poor job ar pricing, MS - esp with positioning of product taking a beating with slew of new products and age showing up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 2052037)

+1 to that
No defogger/rear wiper, no low fuel warning light - these are basic features that every variant should have. Who cares about body graphics. One can always get them from the market. Wonder when MUL will change their priorities.

I'm sure even the new Swift will have these (and other elementary) features only on the top end petrol variant. The diesel is always left out.