Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2006, 20:43   #46
BHPian

i always wanted to become a rally driver i still want to and become a test driver for porsche
Old 27th February 2006, 23:36   #47
BHPian

want to be a Restaurateur.....i have this concept that would be like a watering hole to all auto enthusiasts...well, i would need deep pockets to do so :-(
Old 1st March 2006, 21:00   #48
BHPian

I am planning to quit my software job, get a management degree and join the automobile industry.

BTW GTO, are you planning just one dealership? Why not a chain of dealerships across India run by Team BHPians?
Old 7th March 2006, 20:42   #49
BHPian

dream job..

Guess i would like to open a plant to manufacture buses ..similar to the ones made by volvo and merc. and also design fast attack vehicles for the army ..or jus extreme vehicles for wadi bashing. some day hopefully..
Old 7th March 2006, 20:53   #50
BHPian

well....right now iam in 11th...and hoping an automobile engineer....hey any guys who are in this or going to this course could you get me some info. on the best colleges in india or abroad for doin such a course...
Old 7th March 2006, 20:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
We think along similar lines....but in addition to GTO's dealership, I'd like to be ajmat's assistant for Ronin-2, viper's partner and sandeepmdas's ghost writer. I cant leave what I'm currently doing, but I am free for about a 100 days a year!

hope u dont mind if i ask..... wher do u work to get 100 days off for the year??
Old 7th March 2006, 21:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Schumacher
PS: Do any of you share the same interests as I do?? and what are the steps that you are taking to go that little bit further into the business?
When i was small........rally driver!
In high school............wanted to test drive a ferrari, even if it were a crash test!!! hahahaha
College.....................Transportation designer!
Now.........................Transportation designer!

I'm hopind to join MID, a design college in it's first year in pune run by MAEER of MIT!!

All the Automobile designers say aye!!! [Lets see your stuff!!]
Old 7th March 2006, 21:39   #53
BHPian

I wanna be a designer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salil_kulkarni
Wanted to be a race driver.....now probably a test-driver cum Designer.

Already pursuing the latter with my Bachelor's in Car Design in Italy, which i started a couple of months back. Love the course. Lots of hard work no doubt, but I know once im done with all the hard work, ill have a good future ahead....and hopefully, a good job too.

Dream is to work at Ferrari someday, and probably take Dario's job too...LOL
You lucky bum....... can you tell us how you got there dude?
Help us figure the path!!!
Old 7th March 2006, 22:05   #54

My Dream

Always wanted to be a collector or rare and vintage bikes, like opening up a museum where I will keep all old motorbike from the gone era and some of the latest from the best brands face to face, it would signify the change of era in the field of automobile engineering. A place where one can get all details of vintage and modern bikes, expensive dream for me but not impossible. For present working as a system engineer looking for bugs and building modules ….sigh
Old 8th March 2006, 01:42   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatch
Guess i would like to open a plant to manufacture buses ..similar to the ones made by volvo and merc. and also design fast attack vehicles for the army ..or jus extreme vehicles for wadi bashing. some day hopefully..
yes i also hope to one day have a production line for some sortof a extreme vehicle.
Old 8th March 2006, 02:24   #56

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

think about it every single day......hopefully my choice of masters degree might make my dream come true.
Old 8th March 2006, 10:56   #57
Senior - BHPian

Always wanted to be a "DRIVER" of some sort...

@ AGE 3 - ROAD ROLLER (thought you had to be really strong to drve them buggers!!)

@ AGE 6 - RAILWAY ENGINE (must be a very common ambition)

@ AGE 12 - TILL I DIE - PLANES - AIR FORCE PILOT to be precise... I even went and joined Sainik Scool to pursue this - unfortunately developed short sight *&)T*#$#$@& and had to drop the idea... but have read up so much about flying that I can perhaps teach someone how to do it!!

PRESENTLY - DRIVINING SALES, TAGETS, DEADLINES,... and getting DRIVEN (ridden??) by unreasonable bosses!!

Old 8th March 2006, 15:44   #58
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
wher do u work to get 100 days off for the year??
Count weekends and the enormous number of Indian bank holidays. Most Indians have more than a 100 days off in a year.

GTO
Old 8th March 2006, 16:12   #59
BHPian

Whatever you drive, it will tend to get boring after few months! When pleasure becomes duty - it is no longer a pleasure
Old 11th March 2006, 08:26   #60
BHPian

Racing driver's
One-stop shops
Tuning Shops
Test Drivers
All you guys spoke of HOT STUFF. I mean "DEFINITELY" HOT Careers.
I dreamt the same too and still do . Many of us BHPians whose names have been mentioned earlier are already doing the HOT STUFF.
I always wanted to have an Auto career. Well...I do!

I'm already in the automotive industry right now, and frankly speaking, doing the not so cool work. I work for a diesel engine company in the US as an ECM(ECU) engineer where we (as in the electronics team) have to develop all the controls for diesel engines which find their way into both auto, and industrial applications. I've worked earlier on diesel engine's for pick-up trucks and currently work on Semi-trucks (of the like's of Volvo's FH12) and also even larger mining trucks.

This job is however very different from performance tuning/tweaking a car or bike or racing around a track.I spend most of my time in front of the computer and in testing centers where real life conditions are simulated (without an actual engine) which can be boring sometimes. I get out of work and talk to people who ask me what I do for a living and I tell them, "well...I'm a controls engineer working on diesel engines" which doesn't sound cool at all, as opposed to saying "I tune race cars" or "I'm into test driving sports cars". Probably because of the greasy grimy image that diesel's have gained. I'm lost in the myriad of software variables, and other stuff related to it in the development process most of the time.
I would LOVE to be a test driver for ferrari and ofcourse I would love to attend racing school and be a trained racing driver.
BUT YOU KNOW WHAT.
FOR NOW, MY CURRENT JOB IS THE COOLEST JOB IN THE WORLD FOR ME. I"M PUTTING ALL MY Engineering KNOWLEDGE INTO DEVELOPING AN AUTOMOBILE. I can say that "a part of THAT truck was developed by me and without my part , the truck would'nt have worked". All that I have said earlier about the job being boring and all goes away in a flash,when I see that truck on the road or the tractor in the field or when I get to drive an 18-wheeler truck with a 15-litre engine around a test track or when I get to bale hay in a field on a massive tractor, with my software in it (yes we get to do this once in a while).
Just thought i'd share this with you guys.
Just like many of you have said, dreams do come true !! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU. May your dreams come true!

Regards
Blaze a.k.a Bhupi

p.s. When I say 15litre engine here its the truth, This is not a Ferrari india marketing head remake here Diesel engines on 18 wheeler trucks do have HHUGE engines, checkout the spec's online if you like (on volvo or caterpillar). Meanwhile looking forward to a racing school very soon !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks