Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2005, 15:13   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ever contemplated an Automotive career?

I know that there are a lucky few amongst us (Psycho, Arush, Dom, Turbo India etc.) who are working in the industry of their choice which is not only their passion, but also their bread and butter.

What about the rest of us? Ever wanted to build a career within cars? Are the plans still on or discarded? What company?

I have ALWAYS wanted to venture in a premium car dealership and hopefully one day it will be possible. One that boasts of the HIGHEST quality service - a level that has previously been unseen in India. One that gets more customers through word of mouth than silly advertisements. Simply put, an organisation that is built around the clientelle.

Whats yours?

Later EDIT : No more premium car dealership for me. Now, it's only Team-BHP in my blood!

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2012 at 14:38.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2005, 15:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

For me it would be to become an "Aerodynamist". An automobile designer but, with pure aerodynamics in mind.

Many family cars come with unwanted panels and scoops that create drag, increasing the coefficient of drag.

For example : On the Vtec (and many other cars) do you see those sockets that were designed to hold fog lamps? they maynot seem like much but, when you're doin close to 180-190 kmph, that little flaw in the design can cause a lot of drag.

It's amazing how much one can learn from a single wind tunnel test. Got some vids of those.

Shan2nu
Old 23rd November 2005, 15:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Whoa...we've got our super-admin in overdrive mode...

GTO, We all pray, for your dreams to come alive.

That said, let me now go overdrive:

My dream is (plan is still one and will never be discarded - perfect definition for "dream") is to become an automotive columnist. One who handles a column in a daily or mag or cyber-media, and his (read my) column will try to forcast and analyze automotive trends. And it will dissect cars.

Will I ever achive my dream? Answer: 1 per cent chance is there...no kidding.

I have read Iacocca and Drucker. But, I have also read James Thurber...
http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/thurber.htm

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 23rd November 2005 at 15:34.
Old 23rd November 2005, 16:02   #4
BANNED

Hey GTO,

You actually put this down now. You already know what my plans are. Only looking for some qualified professional to tie up with to make the project come true.

Basically I intend to setup a one stop shop for all the motoring needs pertaining to accessories and performance. Intend onyl stocking high end branded products alongwith professional installers, tuners well versed in engine mods, tuning, electronics & suspension under one roof. Intend to be equipped with the latest gadgets(chasis dyno, Hi Scans, wheel alignement, balancing, and a turning workshop etc) All jobs to be done inhouse so no outsourcing involved. Have the place and the funds to implement the project. Any one game in joining hands.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 23rd November 2005 at 16:22.
Old 23rd November 2005, 16:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

Stunt co-ordinator - Ronin 2
Old 23rd November 2005, 16:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good that this topic has come up for discussion. I want to do some work in the vechile dynamics. Before that, I want to know more about various aspects of vehicle dynamics. I am also looking to get into a course which gives me enough insight into these. Ofcourse, there are materials available over the net which can aid us with information, but a formal course definitely has its own advantages. I also am planning to team up with my brother-in-law who works for an automotive company to do some inhouse projects in near future to satisfy my quest in this regard. I am slowly getting bored of writing C code. Ofcourse, I have gone too deep into my present job that it is really impossible for me to get out of it now, more so after various committments that I have now. Therefore, anything I do in future will be out of my own interest and it will be in addition to the job I am doing now, unless I happen to win 2 crores in KBC
Old 23rd November 2005, 16:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yup. All the time. Dream about it in class. When I'm on the bus. When I'm in lab, writing incomprehensible little bits of code.

GTO, how about a job at your dealership?
Old 23rd November 2005, 16:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
We think along similar lines....but in addition to GTO's dealership, I'd like to be ajmat's assistant for Ronin-2, viper's partner and sandeepmdas's ghost writer. I cant leave what I'm currently doing, but I am free for about a 100 days a year!
Old 23rd November 2005, 17:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I know that there are a lucky few amongst us (Psycho, Arush, Dom, Turbo India etc.) who are working in the industry of their choice which is not only their passion, but also their bread and butter.
How I wish it were true to the last words but... (there always has to be a but) still got a long way to go and wish your words come true in the time to come. Personal wish "build some of the craziest rides around ".
Old 23rd November 2005, 17:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey GTO u forgot me man.. done my Diploma in Mechanical Engg, B.E. in Prodution engg.. and now am livimg my dream working on BMW's!!! Truly loving it..

Regards,
Maverick!
Old 23rd November 2005, 17:05   #11
BHPian

Was watching a program on lambougini. In that the test driver of the company said "I have the best job in the world". I wont mind being in his shoes :-).

Conan
Old 23rd November 2005, 17:18   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sure thing, just like the current status of my dealership I'll pay you a virtual salary!

GTO
Old 23rd November 2005, 17:32   #13
Team-BHP Support

Had many dreams - race driver, test driver, stunt driver, etc. None became a reality.
I still hope one day I will be able to afford a dealership for the marque so close to my heart - Jaguar. A place where the customer is never left unsatisfied.
Old 23rd November 2005, 17:41   #14
Team-BHP Support

stunt driver Ronin 2

i wish i could just get to canada or australia be a truck driver mon to fri and spend weekends trashing cars n bikes lol..
Old 23rd November 2005, 18:12   #15
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Had always been thinking of starting something on the lines of AutoGlym or any Car Care Center. Complete CAR Cleaning Center (C4.........hmmm thats a nice name).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks