Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 00:02   #451
Senior - BHPian

Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Come what may,it will be sad day indeed when the current gen Civic finally comes to an end.Forget petrol engine,bad low end torque,low GC and all shortcomings.I can buy the car just for the way it looks.The car still looks like its been designed yesterday with a fresh sheet of paper.

A well maintained or a slightly modded civic,with tastefully added bodykit and wheels looks turns heads even to this day.

Sad will be the day,when its available no more.That cockpit and the speedometer!What an iconic car for India.
avishar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 00:52   #452
BHPian

It's like a grown-up Honda City than the next-gen evolved Civic. Similar family face BS like VW group!

Shame that Honda couldn't design an aesthetically pleasing or an equally good looking car as the current gen Civic in our country. On the flip side, this will make the Civic more desirable in used car market. And because of the new face and petrol engine the re-sale value of the current Civic may further take a dip! Would be a bargainer's delight!
Old 13th June 2012, 02:13   #453
Senior - BHPian

The rear looks incredibly boring,like an old Camry. Going by the way it looks,it seems that this Honda is all set to appeal to the head rather than tugging a few heart strings. But lets wait and see if Mugen can do something about it!
Old 13th June 2012, 12:04   #454
BHPian

heavily borrowed looks from the verna-fluidic and sonata, any clues to the tentative launch of this new gen civic in India? with or without the petrol options, or are they launching this with the new CRV? The current CRV has a 2.5 lac discount, so i reckon the launch is sometime soon
Old 13th June 2012, 12:46   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
It's like a grown-up Honda City
Rightly said. It just looks like the ANHC has grown up to be a elder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
heavily borrowed looks from the verna-fluidic and sonata,
Beg to differ here. I was always sure that the Verna has borrowed the looks from the new city and not vice-versa.
Old 28th June 2012, 23:31   #456
Senior - BHPian

As per Hormazd the New Civic would not make it to India "at all" . I hope Honda does actually launch it when they get their 1.6 D ready for India.

karanraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 01:47   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja
As per Hormazd the New Civic would not make it to India "at all" . I hope Honda does actually launch it when they get their 1.6 D ready for India.

Autocar Show: No New Honda Civic In India - YouTube
As I mentioned on other thread, It's good for Honda that they are not launching new Civic in India. The new Civic has received many negative reviews from all around and not just from one market. Matter of fact, the reviews are so bad that Honda has decided to go back and revamp the newly launched model. So it does not make sense to launch new Civic in India while they are updating the model drastically.
Old 29th June 2012, 02:08   #458
Senior - BHPian

The front looks wayyy better than the present gen Civic (which was a major drawback), though only looking at the car in person will give us the right picture.
Old 29th June 2012, 07:22   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The front looks wayyy better than the present gen Civic (which was a major drawback), though only looking at the car in person will give us the right picture.
Even I was bowled when I saw the pics. But when I walked into the showroom to have a look first hand, it was disappointing. The car looks "different" in a odd way. The interiors are well done up, but the exterior gives and incomplete feel, as if something is amiss.

I dropped the idea of booking it then and there, it was not of my taste. In the end it all depends on personal preference and choice.
Old 29th June 2012, 12:28   #460
Senior - BHPian

The Earth-Dream diesle (1.6 L) diesel that Honda is developing will actually be a dream to drive. With specs that read - 120PS at 4000rpm, 300Nm torque between 2000 and 4000rpm, ecomony of 75 mpg & official emissions figure of 95g/km, it is going to shake up the diesel manufacturing & markets. Here is the report:

New Honda Civic to shake up diesel market

In fact it is much better (economical & lighter) that the 2.2L i-Dtec Honda is currently using. In short span of time reviews will be out with most Euro auto-mags, & most probably interiors & handling could be the challenge for Honda for the Dream-Diesel in the Civic.
Old 10th July 2012, 21:07   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja

Autocar Show: No New Honda Civic In India - YouTube
Yes, this seems correct. A report to that effect is present in today's Economic Times. They are not bringing it to India since they believe it will completely lose out to competition in that segment owing to the lack of a diesel engine.
Old 11th July 2012, 11:42   #462
Team-BHP Support

Apparently, Honda has even reimbursed the Indian auto component suppliers for the expenses they incurred for the planned launch of the new Honda Civic. That means the plans have been shelved for good.

Time to bring down the curtains to this thread perhaps?

Good news for current Honda Civic owners - because their car will be in production for a few more years - which helps the resale value a bit.
Old 11th July 2012, 11:46   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
In fact it is much better (economical & lighter) that the 2.2L i-Dtec Honda is currently using. In short span of time reviews will be out with most Euro auto-mags, & most probably interiors & handling could be the challenge for Honda for the Dream-Diesel in the Civic.
Shouldn't a 1.6 L be economical and lighter than 2.2 L?
Thanks for the link.
Old 11th July 2012, 11:53   #464
Senior - BHPian

Its a really disappointment to learn that the new Civic will not make it to India. I guess we will miss a generation and Honda will make a comeback with the next gen one sometime in 2016. The current one will be face lifted in 2013 but it will still be the same car and Honda won't bring that here since they have already compensated their vendors for developmental costs.

I saw the new Civic in Bangkok a couple of days back and i have to say, it looks nice but certainly not next generation! Its got a nice overall shape and i do not see any reason why a diesel Civic would not have done well here. Maybe Honda felt that by the time they brought in the Diesel, the Civic would be in its mid cycle and give Honda India only 3 years in the market before the 2016 model would be out.
Old 11th July 2012, 11:54   #465
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Apparently, Honda has even reimbursed the Indian auto component suppliers for the expenses they incurred for the planned launch of the new Honda Civic. That means the plans have been shelved for good.

Time to bring down the curtains to this thread perhaps?

Good news for current Honda Civic owners - because their car will be in production for a few more years - which helps the resale value a bit.
Perhaps Honda is taking this opportunity to introduce the Brio with a diesel engine and subsequently the Jazz and City? And once these cars have cemented their place in the market, the all-new Civic with a diesel heart (right from the start) will find its way here? It will take a few years before the diesel engine powers the Civic. Maybe they are timing the launch of the new Civic and the diesel engine in it just so that the portfolio is ready right from the start?

It's just a hunch.

Honda is known for their enthusiasm in introducing new and modern products always. Never do they give the Indian market an old generation of a car. But it looks like they're slowly learning the tricks of the trade here. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 11th July 2012 at 11:56.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed