Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2010, 12:48   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
If Honda can push these benefits to customers in terms of pricing, nothing like it. They should go Toyota way in terms of pricing too or even better.
If Honda wants to retain / gain market share, they will have to. The Civic's pricing has shot up continuously since the time of introduction. In 2007, my neighbour bought an S-MT variant (Mumbai registration) for 12.4 lakhs on the road. The exact same car today costs 14.2 lakhs. The Civic's price increases are simply unjustifiable!
Old 21st September 2010, 12:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

first interior shots..looks a bit boxy.

Pics courtesy BP and CO via leftlanenews.com

left hand drive-original

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivicinterior1_1200.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivicinterior2_1035.jpg

right hand drive-mirror image

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2.jpg

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-g.jpg
Old 21st September 2010, 12:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
first interior shots..looks a bit boxy.
Me too feel that the interiors have too many edges.
But, the wrap around theme for the dash is wonderful, as it truly contributes to the drivers cars, which the Civic is.

Thank you for the images Sid.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

That interior belongs to a Mini Hummer not a civic !! What is going on at honda? I agree with Sid thats really boxy.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:46   #50
BHPian

If the driver focused interior is anything to go by, this Civic is going to be more enthusiastic to drive than ever. I don't care how much better this car looks compared to the present one but Honda innovation can be taken for granted that the engines would be lot better. Waiting eagerly for the specifications scoop.
Old 21st September 2010, 13:21   #51
Senior - BHPian

I quite liked the interiors. Agreed that its quite boxy compared to the current Civic but again, they do look like to have evolved from the current car. I guess the interiors will look quite good in the finished product when the blue/white backlighting and all comes up. The vents look quite the same as in the existing Civic.
Old 21st September 2010, 13:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

The info panel on top seems to carry more readouts than the 8th gen.

Love the look of this steering wheel too !
Old 21st September 2010, 14:17   #53
BHPian

This looks like a definite improvement over the current civic. The edges add to the slick design and steering wheel and dashboard look promising too.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:14   #54
BHPian

The car looks absolutely fabulous & stunning & looks to be a definite improvement over the current version. Loved the steering very much & the interiors as well. Display panel seems to have more wider range of panels (Are they considering Hybrid version also ??)
(Is that blue/black back lighting is taken from current version ??)
Will the price range will go up again ??
The front of this car has a very much resemblance to 2010 Honda Insight Sports Modulo Concept:
(Here is the pic)
Attached Thumbnails
India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondainsight_sports_modulo_concept_2010_1024x768_wallpaper_07.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2010, 22:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

The car looks more like the design in here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...vic-outed.html

And nope, I didnt like the new interiors :( Too boxy and too basic. More like the ANHC!
Old 24th September 2010, 17:23   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Looks like the Civic is all set to do a "Corolla" now. You will remember the long discussions we had when the Altis was launched, and how similar it looked to the outgoing generation. I'd even shot a birds-eye view of both cars and it was very difficult to spot any difference. Fact is, the Altis is merely an evolution of the previous Corolla. Now, Honda's walking down the same road...I'm certain the terrific market response to the Altis (internationally) had something to do with the decision. Saves the Big T & H a whole lot of $$$ in R & D.
If it ain't broke why fix it? The Civic had struck a chord with the public for obvious reasons,and Honda intends to carry those impressions forward,even accentuate them.It had to evolutionary,like the Swift and dare I say,the iconic 911!
Old 24th September 2010, 17:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

God, thats an ugly looking car, the Civic seems to look fatter with every generation. Theres never any attempt from the designers to hide all that bulk. No false creases or wheel arches, just acres and acres of flat metal and plastic. Even Hyundai makes better looking and more desirable cars than Honda now.

Its sad what was once the Jap equivalent to BMW has a line up full of dull commuters in various sizes, nothing exciting. Dont say Type R, theyve discontinued the Civic R.
Old 24th September 2010, 19:19   #58
BHPian

I don't know if this has been posted earlier, but here goes. I found this video on youtube:

Old 24th September 2010, 20:04   #59
ajai_dev

The interior seems boxy have to wait and see how and if Honda changes it for India, it will have to change the dash from left hand drive to right hand drive so hopefully they will also change the in your face dash style also. I like the current Civic's dash styling its butch and elegant this is butch through and through

Old 11th October 2010, 03:11   #60
BHPian

2012 Civic without camouflage?

New pics have surfaced which show the car without camouflage. Not sure though, if the front and rear designs that can be seen are for the North American Market or the Indian market.

More pictures available at the source:
CARMiddleEast | GCC cars, news, prices, reviews, videos & data
Attached Thumbnails
India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-201112civic_2_1.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-201112civic_1_1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks