Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Looking closely, in the 3rd last pic, I think the front grill is having the shape of the current Accord and the headlights of current gen US version of Civic. Tail lights more likely of the Opel cars.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

BIG question

Well, one of the biggest reasons people buy HONDAS is their engines. The free revving engines that they provide are amazing.

But, the VW/SKODA TSI engine beats the HONDA 1.8i VTEC in each and every department, hollow! Until recently, that was unheard of. Honda doesn't have anything to offer in terms of Diesel tech (newt to nil engines; 2.2 DTEC/iCTD thats it). The Fiat MultiAir Turbo is even a step ahead in terms of tech (only read about it so I cannot comment with certainty).

HONDA needs to have direct injection + turbo Charged engine. Even Hyundai had come up with GDI. A 'Korean' company ahead of HONDA in terms of tech must be an ego battering or sorts! Unlike other companies, HONDA's prime engines are petrols; so , it need to be ahead of all competition in something that is its bread and butter.

Crux, HONDA needs to go direct Injection+ Turbo in next gen CIVIC. It needs to move up, and fast!!! The game has moved on from Variable valve tech...Imagine a HONDA 1.5L(1.3L?) Direct Turbo i-VTEC=150 bhp=15kpl (in Indian conditions)

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 3rd September 2010 at 13:29.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:44   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a shorter version of the current Accord available in india. Follows the same family looks. More conservative in looks compared to the current civic. I hope ground clearance also increases.

Engines is what Honda is all about, and that too would possibly add another 20-30 bhp with a similar sized engine.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:46   #19
BHPian

This is good news! I am looking out to upgrading to this segment next year & wanted a reliable & sporty alternative. Unfortunately, the only one in this segment with those qualifications is the Civic. It is definitely a good car, but it has aged now. Hope the new civic is better than the previous generation.

I also hope that Suzuki brings in their all new Kizashi to India. A new civic along with the Suzuki Kizashi will be good for this segment.

If it suits my budget & requirements I will go for it else there is the used car market. Honda civics are very reliable cars & the used car market is where anyone can get an excellent VFM deal.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Doesn't look good to me ... Current one is classy. Its early to comment but it looks more like new city from front. If its the case then it will lose its charm for sure.
Agreeing with Aniketi. It looks like Civic is loosing the beautiful curves from front. Its having a sunroof, a nice add on from Honda. Hope the Indian version will not having ground clearance issue(biggest problem with current civic)
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Surely , the car looks smaller in the pictures, than the current generation.
Honda , too seems to be following certain design language , as the civic looks very similar to the FCX Clarity and the Honda City.
Old 4th September 2010, 10:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Some more shots courtesy leftlanenews/KGP/autoblog
Attached Thumbnails
India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2012hondacivic2_1200.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2012hondacivic3_1200.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2012hondacivic4_1200.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2012hondacivic5_1200.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2012hondacivic7_1200.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-2012hondacivic9_1200.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.int1.kgp.ed1283537831.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.int3.kgp.ed.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.w1.kgp.ed.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.w2.kgp.ed.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.w3.kgp.ed.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.w4.kgp.ed.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.w5.kgp.ed.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.w6.kgp.ed.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.w7.kgp.ed.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.w8.kgp.ed.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.w9.kgp.ed.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-hondacivic.w10.kgp.ed.jpg  

Old 4th September 2010, 10:15   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The futuristic looking current gen Civic sold here has very well. Even after 4 years of the launch the Civic still looks like a fresh car, even after newer launches like Altis, it does not feel dated.

Since it's the US spec Civic we get here, i do not doubt sidindica when he says this car is India bound.

Are there any changes expected in engine front? Are there any chances of it getting Direct Injection powerplant?
Old 4th September 2010, 10:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Shot !

The more i look at the spy pics, the more it seems that Honda is following the arrow-shot design language that they highly publicized when they made the ANHC. I get the feeling that this will be a really good looking machine! Yes, its not styled like the Avante/Elantra, which is possibly a little over the top ! I like the compact/tight look of the Civic2k11. The Interiors also look like an evolution over the present gen civic, which is a really good thing.
Old 4th September 2010, 11:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Since it's the US spec Civic we get here, i do not doubt sidindica when he says this car is India bound.
I guess we get the JDM spec Civic in India, I am talking only in design sense and not about the technical bit.
Old 4th September 2010, 13:47   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I love the low stance ! quite sporty and it should be really stable @ high speeds [dont think that is a problem with the current civic too]. Now it kinda look similar to the Optra to me. Sunroof - lovely ! Please introduce some good Diesel engines too Honda !! You cant just survive with your brand image anymore -- the competition is heating upl; Wake Up from your dreams -- KNOCK KNOCK !

PS: Does some of the pics shows the car is slightly "nose heavy" ? Or just that I "felt" it !
Old 4th September 2010, 19:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
I guess we get the JDM spec Civic in India, I am talking only in design sense and not about the technical bit.
US Spec or JDM, the side profile, interiors all remain the same in the sedan style of production.
The US Spec in the current gen has different headlamps, taillamps and an altered boot treatment, otherwise the car is the same! In JDM spec it will probably have slightly larger bumpers and a different face.
Old 5th September 2010, 16:11   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Clearly an evolution of the current car, rather than a revolution. The front shots are dead giveaways of Honda's "arrow shot" design (a la ANHC). I don't think the Civic will get any bigger. One reason is that North America loves compact fuel-efficient cars. Second, a size larger will move the Civic into big car territory.

No chance of a 2.4 in the Civic. Potential overlap with the Accord, while the Civic's international success depends on its fuel efficient nature.
Old 5th September 2010, 21:29   #29
BHPian

I personally love the low slung design of the current Civic, though it makes getting inside and outside the car a bit difficult, and seeing the spyshots (and as others mentioned), the car is more of arrow shot design and feels like stretched Honda City, making the ingress and egress easier.

I would also pray that the dashboard is not spoiled in the future civic, I've always found the perfect dashboard in the current civic out of all the cars i've driven ( under 20 lacs)
Old 5th September 2010, 22:02   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
But, the VW/SKODA TSI engine beats the HONDA 1.8i VTEC in each and every department, hollow!
Its not right to compare TSI in general with a specific iVTEC (R18), just because 1.8TSI in Laura/Superb/Passat here is better than Civic's 1.8. IMO, though T(F)SI has given superior results, it does not necessarily mean everyone has to adopt turbo + direct injection.

From the PICs I see the following
1. Digital speedo console seems slightly tilted (unlike the ones in 8th gen which looks straight into the driver)

2. Front door speaker position is moved up, which makes better acoustics

3. Exterior design doesn't seem like Honda has invested lot of time/effort there. I guess they have focussed more on the engines to answer TSI and such.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks