Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 12:09   #316
BHPian

Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
the back and front looks are already copied by the verna fluidic... they look excatly the same to me at least.
Not really, the Verna Fluidic has very different tail lamps, more like a Merc. The new Civic tail lamps are very ugly!
Old 18th May 2011, 12:38   #317
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
The objective of the ad seems to say that the new civic caters to every Tom, Dick, Harry, Monster and Zombie even though it is not clear from the ad how. This ad however will look like a slap on the face of Civic owners here, who definitely dont want to be associated to those creatures.
As somebody has already mentioned, most US ads are silly at best and idiotic at worst. I always wondered who really finds sales quotients in these ads.

Again I have been called by Deccan Honda to know if I am interested to buy the "new" Civic with sunroof.
Old 18th May 2011, 13:26   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
As somebody has already mentioned, most US ads are silly at best and idiotic at worst. I always wondered who really finds sales quotients in these ads.

Again I have been called by Deccan Honda to know if I am interested to buy the "new" Civic with sunroof.
Hahah i was called as well by Prime Honda in Delhi. They asked me if i wanted to exchange my Civic for the New Civic !! And i asked them when was the new Civic being launched and the lady replied... Its already here with Sunroof !! I was like thats the old Civic with just a Sunroof added, and why would i exchange my car for pretty much the same thing, she quickly shutup. Also she said Honda worldwide has not announced the new Civic
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 13:49   #319
Senior - BHPian

Same happened to me. I told them if the new Civic is with a diesel engine and if they can offer a "cashless" transaction, I would be happy to exchange my one year old Civic. They hung up immediately.
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 00:25   #320
Team-BHP Support

Popular Mechanics review of the 2012 Honda Civic -
2012 Honda Civic Test Drive - Honda Civic Review - Popular Mechanics

Highlights -

- Better ride quality than before
- Hard plastics on doors instead of soft-touch plastics of the current model (to save weight apparently)
- Electric Power Steering! And it feels artificial.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 08:23   #321
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Popular Mechanics review of the 2012 Honda Civic

Highlights -

- Hard plastics on doors instead of soft-touch plastics of the current model (to save weight apparently)
The article just stopped short of saying that the new Civic is boring like the Corolla.

Most "official" US reviews of the 8th gen and now the 9th gen gives mixed opinions of the "multiplex" dashboard. What can we say, for the folks whose favorite retirement cars are Buick's and Towncar's.

Hard plastics wont work here. It will be adding to the disaster that Honda is digging itself in.

EPS: Most people I know actually like the feedback-less steering. Maybe it has to do with the hectic city driving conditions.
Old 19th May 2011, 18:54   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Popular Mechanics review of the 2012 Honda Civic -
2012 Honda Civic Test Drive - Honda Civic Review - Popular Mechanics

Highlights -

Agreed, that's disastrous! After such a successful model of 8th Gen Civic, which took over the world, this is a complete let down.
At least honda can wake up and launch SI here ...

EPS sucks, man.

Last edited by ST7677 : 19th May 2011 at 19:04.
Old 19th May 2011, 19:06   #323
Senior - BHPian

Honda would be happy if it sells more than the current gen. Enthusiasts can sulk:(

Atleast they should try to bring back the prelude or make the Si a true sports car.
Old 19th May 2011, 19:16   #324
Team-BHP Support

EPS, yeah I know.

I imagine all current gen Honda Civic owners will now go to their cars and shower it with kisses and hugs
Old 19th May 2011, 19:23   #325
Senior - BHPian

I am completely irritated after watching that 30 second American Honda civic advertisement.

As far as looks are concerned, I think it’s too early to comment on its looks. We haven’t seen the car in flesh yet and things are different in photographs than in actual. Its true that it is no where close to the current gen but still it looks ain’t that bad either. All ANHC owners will love its looks.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 19:40   #326
BHPian

Having seen the 2012 civic in person, I can confidently say that it is a huge step backward for honda - at least in the looks.

The rear, to me, is like a cross between Old City + Old Chevy Cobalt (Cruze predecessor in US). In one word, it looks "dated", though not outright ugly for sure - the old tail was way modern. The front is not very different from the existing version, looks even better IMO. The interiors look classy, the seats probably are thinner, has more space inside. Didn't like the multilayer dash too much. The one I saw was black in color and was parked in front of my client's office in US. I even managed to take a few snaps, will see if I can find it.

Last edited by SunilM : 19th May 2011 at 19:42.
SunilM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2011, 09:28   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Not really, the Verna Fluidic has very different tail lamps, more like a Merc. The new Civic tail lamps are very ugly!
+1 to that, the new fluidic Verna tail lamps look neatly integrated IMO and definitely seems to be an original job. I'm not sure what the Civic designers are thinking , the new design looks downright ugly
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:14   #328
BHPian

If this is being launched in 2012, won't Honda try to dispose off the last few Civics by end of the year with heavy discounts, free insurance etc.?
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:16   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
If this is being launched in 2012, won't Honda try to dispose off the last few Civics by end of the year with heavy discounts, free insurance etc.?
Those last few Civics might actually go for a premium considering how ugly the new one is
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:45   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
Those last few Civics might actually go for a premium considering how ugly the new one is
Let's not tell the dealers, and show a high demand for the new Civics, so that they are forced to sell the existing ones at rock-bottom discounts!!

In reality, Civic doesn't sell that many anymore, because of the incoming new version; the sun-roof facelifted version is hardly seen here in Bangalore. That has been prompting the dealers to offer discounts and free insurance anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks