Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 11:24   #46
BHPian

Re: Indian Car Advertising Scene: A Critique

Not an Indian ad but i wish our auto companies made ads as brilliant as this one. Unable to find it on youtube, so giving an external link.

VW Golf 4Motion Ad
Old 15th July 2013, 10:16   #47
Senior - BHPian

Just heard a brilliant commercial for the Skoda Rapid Leisure on the radio.

It highlights the importance of Rear view parking camera and parking sensors on this variant. Very witty indeed. Good one Skoda!
Old 21st October 2013, 14:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to bump an old thread but I had to get this off my chest. There are two car ads of recent launches that make me cringe:

1. The Grand i10 with animals saying nice, wow and grand with the tag line "the grand new lingo." I haven't seen a worse car ad. I have to mute my TV and look away when it comes. Hyundai needs to fire the agency that came up with this rubbish.

2. Not as bad as the Grand i10 but close is the ad for the new Skoda Octavia. How does a Toy Story theme work for a car that costs 20 lakhs? Where is the connect with the positioning, name or pricing? And in the end what does it show - that its a really comfortable back seat for stuffed teddies? Bizarre.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 17:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread but I had to get this off my chest. There are two car ads of recent launches that make me cringe:

1. The Grand i10 with animals saying nice, wow and grand with the tag line "the grand new lingo." I haven't seen a worse car ad. I have to mute my TV and look away when it comes. Hyundai needs to fire the agency that came up with this rubbish.

2. Not as bad as the Grand i10 but close is the ad for the new Skoda Octavia. How does a Toy Story theme work for a car that costs 20 lakhs? Where is the connect with the positioning, name or pricing? And in the end what does it show - that its a really comfortable back seat for stuffed teddies? Bizarre.
Couldn't agree with you more.
Both these ads are utter nonsense. Who in the right mind signs off on such crap?
The Hyundai's the worse though. What is the ad meant to signify? Animals make weird noises when they see the i10 so go buy it?

Atleast the Skoda ad gives you a preview of some of the features on the car. It also has some nice exterior shots. Still the ad doesn't match up. They could have so easily used the nostalgic value of the Octavia brand in some way.
veedub89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 18:58   #50
BHPian

It means Grand i10 is targeted towards animals and not for humans. Another pertinent fact that not a single feature is highlighted in the ad
Old 21st October 2013, 19:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

Agree with StarScream. The new Skoda Octavia ad is ridiculous [saying bigger the car, more the bahane (for stories)]? What nonsesne is that.

Can't believe the company signed off on the campaign when the agency presented them. Lesser said about the animal campaign for Hyundai i10 Grand, the better.
Old 21st October 2013, 19:45   #52
Team-BHP Support

When they're playing up the legacy of the Octavia badge big-time, what stopped Skoda from doing an advertisement showing the old car transforming into the current gen (something like start with a silhouette of the old Octavia, then end with the new one). My non-advertising brain came up with this in 10 seconds, I'm sure Skoda can do better if they tried. Some ad-maker is laughing all the way to the bank after delivering crap.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 15:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

I came across this hoarding at a busy junction in town. It's probably the most exaggerated tag-line that I've seen in a piece of advertising and I thought I must share it here.
Come on you guys at Hyundai! I can understand the best engine in category or some such hyperbole but the best diesel engine ever??
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Car Advertising Scene: A Critique-i10-grand-ad-2.jpg  

wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 18:12   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I came across this hoarding at a busy junction in town. It's probably the most exaggerated tag-line that I've seen in a piece of advertising and I thought I must share it here.
Come on you guys at Hyundai! I can understand the best engine in category or some such hyperbole but the best diesel engine ever??

They probably mean the best diesel engine in the segment by Hyundai!! Advertising Myopia, nothing else.
Hyundai have been coming up with stupid ads for the Grand which deserves much better than this.
Old 26th November 2013, 20:49   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Hyundai have been coming up with stupid ads for the Grand which deserves much better than this.
I completely agree with you. It is a 'grand' little car, very desirable IMO and deserves a much better advertisement treatment/campaign.
A crazy thought comes to mind (no direct relevance to my point above). I wonder if there have been instances where a terrible advertisement campaign has marred the fortunes of a newly launched car.
Old 26th November 2013, 21:45   #56
BHPian

Anyone seen the new Vento Automatic(?) mobile phone ad yet?

I felt it was too abrupt to convey the message.
Old 14th October 2014, 12:29   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw an ad of Datsun 'Go' yesterday on TV. I do not know that since how long this ad is on air, but Datsun showing Maruti cars in inferior light directly compared to the 'Go', mainly Alto & Wagon R (only removing the S badge from front grilles), I think it can bring them troubles. I am not sure if Maruti would consider this lightly. Anyone else saw that ad?
Old 14th October 2014, 13:02   #58
Team-BHP Support

Can someone post the ad that came up in Times of India yesterday (or the day before) of the new Audi Q7? It was on the last page, bottom half IIRC.

The ad mentioned 10 spoke alloys but the image was way different. Looks like their marketing team messed up.
Old 14th October 2014, 13:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

@Gannu_1 - Here we go!! Q7 ad TOI yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Car Advertising Scene: A Critique-q7.jpg  

Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 13:44   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
@Gannu_1 - Here we go!! Q7 ad TOI yesterday
Thanks Latheesh! That's the one. They should have ideally mentioned 7 twin-spoke alloys.

Oh right I forgot! Features mentioned and accessories shown will vary by model and may not be a part of the standard equipment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks