Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 09:45   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

The hatch really looks great. However, the pricing for this hatch will be a really tough job for GM. Due to their past experience with the SRV.

Hope they get this hatch on to the Indian market. This will encourage other manufacturers as well.
Old 5th October 2010, 12:33   #47
BHPian

One area where Cruze doesn't look great is the back. If and when this car is launched, it solves this problem and there would be no doubt in my mind that this hatch would be the best looking car under 20lacs segment.

One thing I would like to put forth here is just because its a hatch, its insane to expect it to under-cut its booted version on price. The boot space in the pictures are good enough for its segment, the hatch mechanism is more sturdy and expensive to produce with all the hydraulic mounts and stuff. For that matter, Skoda Laura is a hatch too and I hardly see people complaining that its over-priced. I expect the pricing in the same region as the sedan unless the engines and equipments are compromised to make it cheaper.
Old 5th October 2010, 15:18   #48
GSM
BHPian

Surely a stunner!

If and when they do launch this hatch / notchback in India, they have a buyer in me, as long as the car moves as fast and cleanly as promised. Couldn't care about the rear headroom, with most in my family circle well below the 5feet 8 inch, that shouldn't be a problem. Cost of Rs.10 to 12 Lakhs, and I am ready to trade my Palio Stile 1.6 for Cruze Hatch.

Would prefer it in the turbo charged petrol though, over the oil burner version.

But I don't think it will sell well, except a sparse few. At 10 Lakhs, common people will prefer a boot.

Hope to see it on the Indian roads.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:14   #49
Senior - BHPian

Looks awesome. Has to be cut to 4000mm, else the success will be limited. Hatches above 8L is a non starter atleast for now.

The upgraded Aveo should make more sense.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 5th October 2010 at 19:16.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:11   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Looks awesome. Has to be cut to 4000mm, else the success will be limited. Hatches above 8L is a non starter atleast for now.
I read, it has 400L of boot space. How is it different from a Sedan except in the look.
Old 5th October 2010, 23:08   #51
BHPian

I have been reading in some auto magazines that the Chevy Orlando SUV (that is based on the Cruze too) is headed to India. This is going to be priced lower than the Captiva so should slot in around the same price as the Cruze. If true this would be great news for SUV seekers in the 15-20L range.
Old 6th October 2010, 12:52   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryManUnited View Post
I have been reading in some auto magazines that the Chevy Orlando SUV (that is based on the Cruze too) is headed to India. This is going to be priced lower than the Captiva so should slot in around the same price as the Cruze. If true this would be great news for SUV seekers in the 15-20L range.
Chevy Orlando is not an SUV, but an all-wheel drive MUV based on the Cruze platform. GM might bring it to India after checking the market response TATA Aria receives once it's launched.
Old 15th October 2010, 19:08   #53

The hatchback looks good. Don't know what price point chevy is thinking for this car. Considering that the engine will be the same as cruze I am not sure if chevy will be able to price it attractively. If it's in the 8-10 lacs range, my guess is that it will find very few takers in India. May be the same fate as a Honda Jazz.
Old 21st October 2010, 23:47   #54
Team-BHP Support

There is an outside that the hatch may come to India. GM will be working on the next gen CRDI engines. If they come out with various variants of displacement, then the hatch IS possible as an India candidate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks