Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 10:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

i think it woudl be Blue-motion and not Blue Efficiency as the latter moniker is used by MBZ
Old 6th October 2010, 11:21   #32
BHPian

Right you are Fx45. It should have been BlueMotion but does the CC have a BlueMotion variant? Its a good catch btw. It will come as a CBU meaning it will compete with the E-class and 5-series in terms of pricing. Maybe it will act as a Bling or Halo model for VW
Old 6th October 2010, 11:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

This car if bought in as a CBU will again be a pointless exercise, and coming to a point of VW's halo model I think the Beetle is doing its job well enough as this car will not stand out much once Hyundai's new Sonata is officially launched.
Old 7th October 2010, 12:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post
Passat CC is much more expensive than the normal one. This is with good reason just look at the specs and the body :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy View Post
Come on, that video can't be true, it looks so sci fi
I'm not sure if Park Assist has been released on production models.
But its not sci fi now
Look at this video done by a lab at Stanford

Last edited by Samurai : 27th February 2015 at 22:58. Reason: avoid quoting videos
Old 22nd October 2010, 01:01   #35
BHPian

Long time since I posted on the forum, but here's some info.

Spotted the same Passat CC tonight at Pune. Its undergoing testing and the rear right door had been quite badly rammed. Got talking to the driver, and found out that they had to test it for 30,000 odd kms. He had already covered 7k on the car and their next trip would be to Delhi. Manual transmission on the test car, and he says that the car would (or rather could) be offered in both manual & automatic versions.

Sorry didnt click any pictures. Car looks stunning though

Here's some more inside info. Volkswagen representatives, and that too a host of them are in pune now to test drive certain cars, 7 in number. Particularly the Figo, i20, Wagon R, Honda City, the CC and 2 more which i cant remember. I dont know the real reason, but maybe someone else might know. Maybe with regard to the Indian market scenario and also to study the maruti vehicles for Volkswagen and Skoda badging.
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:25   #36
BHPian

Re: VW Passat CC spotted on Mum Pune Expwy

Not on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway,
There is a LHD Passat CC in my complex. It's in the underground car park and there is not enough light for decent pictures. I have blanked out the plates for privacy. It is running on German plates.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Passat CC spotted on Mum Pune Expwy-dsc00068.jpg  

VW Passat CC spotted on Mum Pune Expwy-dsc00069.jpg  

VW Passat CC spotted on Mum Pune Expwy-dsc00070.jpg  

VW Passat CC spotted on Mum Pune Expwy-dsc00072.jpg  

Raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 01:34   #37
BHPian

This car IMO would never do numbers in India. CKD/CBU or even if locally produced. The interiors of a Honda City feel much more spacious and the ingress/egress much easier compared to the CC.

Even the new Jetta is more spacious! India, I feel is not the audience for the CC.

Looker? Yes it is!
Old 29th May 2012, 19:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Not on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway,
There is a LHD Passat CC in my complex. It's in the underground car park and there is not enough light for decent pictures. I have blanked out the plates for privacy. It is running on German plates.
Saw the same car (with German number plate and Continental stickers) running in Hinjewadi. Couldnt take snaps as I was in a hurry. The car looks very gorgeous Does it belong to any German embassy personal?

Last edited by _raVan_ : 29th May 2012 at 19:11.
Old 29th May 2012, 20:04   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The pictures clearly show Continental stickers on the car meaning it is owned by the tyre maker.
Old 4th June 2012, 14:45   #40
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Wont come to India for sure. Would be absurdly priced if brought as CBU and since it won't do great numbers (VW brand car for the price equation) it just would not make sense for a CKD and hence it wont be seen out here.

Yep cars with a super sloping rear look great but just don't make sense as a 4/5 seater as the rear head room is severely compromised. I think the time for such cars to be acceptable in India is still to come. Similarly "Coupe" is another form factor that is just not meant for the kind of climate that we have.
Old 26th February 2015, 12:38   #41
BHPian

New Passat CC concept to be unveiled at Geneva motor show?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswa...cls-challenger
[quote]
VW will give us a closer look at the replacement for the Passat CC, with a bold four-door coupe concept set to debut at next week’s Geneva Motor Show. It’ll join the new Touran, Passat Alltrack and Sharan MPV on the Volkswagen stand when the doors open on 5 March.

Seen here for the first time in official VW images, the as-yet-unnamed concept shows a clear relationship to the Passat, but features a more athletic body and coupe-like profile. At the front, a wide grille extends the width of the car and merges with sleek LED headlamps, while LED-framed air vents in the lower section of the front bumper and bulging arches exaggerate the car’s width.

VW Passat CC spotted on Mum Pune Expwy-152557.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 26th February 2015 at 15:32. Reason: Re-uploading pictures as attachments

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks