Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2010, 21:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Also if Tata has got anything at all right (I mean a big if) then its all because Italian (Fiat) engineers came down and helped them. You see Fiat engineers have very well developed civic sense and they wanted to do social service for their Indian counterparts.

I drove the new Tata Nano and its nowhere refined as a Jazz.
How disappointing!

Anyways I eagerly wait for the all new Safari.
that's it !

Try a Superb V6 too!
Old 21st January 2010, 22:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, enough of the fun, lets put the thread back into perspective and leave the moaning to the regulars!!!
Old 21st January 2010, 22:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also if Tata has got anything at all right (I mean a big if) then its all because Italian (Fiat) engineers came down and helped them. You see Fiat engineers have very well developed civic sense and they wanted to do social service for their Indian counterparts.
Trapezio, I don't know what you have in mind here. The point is, FIAT is not helping TATA just like the way a coder helping the lost soul sitting in the adjacent cubicle. All car makers take "help" from outsiders, For example, a small British firm Zytek designed/developed the KERS brake system for 2009 McLaren Mercedes F1 car.

Zytek revealed as motor and power electronics supplier for Mercedes Mclaren KERS systen

One must remember that this is despite McLaren has it's own full-fledged systems subsidiary that helps clients like Hughes Aircraft systems and Magneti Marelli.

Fiat's engineers began to fly in after the Agnelli family has requested Mr.Ratan Tata to join the Fiat s.p.a director board, an invite that he has accepted. His acceptance came with strings attached:
Ratan Tata joins Fiat board

peace.

Back to subject: I guess this vehicle will not be called Safari. Taking cues from the naming of Indigo Manza...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 21st January 2010 at 22:51.
Old 22nd January 2010, 00:20   #49
BHPian

Guys... Ever heard the word 'sarcasm'?

I am following these forum for a while and I often feel that it does not matter what Tata does, they will never get the due credit. I was trying to demonstrate that. Hope this clears the air.
Old 22nd January 2010, 00:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha hah, this thread is turning brill.

Ahem, on a more serious note I think the 'Safari' brand name is pretty strong and they don't need to add a subtitle.
Despite the fatal injuries caused when one opens its doors there is a certain aspirational value associated with it.

Great work Fiat engineers
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:44   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
man i am nervous. i am not a fan of the tata's in house design team. i really hope they don't go the grande way!! but i liked the aria. after manza its. so nice to watch! i think it looks better than the innova!
Tata has a tie up with some UK firm for design called IDEA/Concept or something like that. You get excellent products like the Xenon and also total duds like the Sumo Grande. I still feel the Safari is an excellent design except for the awkward way they have finished the D Pillar. I hope the next Gen Safari is done by the same dudes that did the Xenon and not the Sumo Grande.
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:58   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I still feel the Safari is an excellent design except for the awkward way they have finished the D Pillar. I hope the next Gen Safari is done by the same dudes that did the Xenon and not the Sumo Grande.
Most of us feel thats the best possible designs done on the D pillar comparing many other SUV's around.

The Safari shape is timeless to say.

Wonder how it'll look without the door mounted stepney? Also heard the BRUTE 3L engine is back on the All New Safari.
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

@Trapezio, sorry about that; I posted without reading thru the entire thread.
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:11   #54
BHPian

@sandeepmdas

Its cool. No worries.
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:26   #55
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Trapezio don't worry I did get the sarcasm first time itself so all is not lost.

Getting back to the Safari 2010 / Next gen safari there is a bit of confusion on which one the snaps are of. The Auto expo showed a version with the spare wheel behind the door, while the ones in the thread starter thread either has simply not mounted the spare wheel or has it below the rear, also the thread start post cladding, side step, front light glasses are different, but it still seems to be quite close to the current safari in most other aspects, so unless we have a confirmation from an inside snoop or sid / tusky that there is indeed a completely new safari, that needs to be taken with a pintch of salt.

It just not seem logical for them to have a current variant change in Apr due to BSIV norms and then to have a totally new vehicle out towards the second half of the year.
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Ahem, on a more serious note I think the 'Safari' brand name is pretty strong and they don't need to add a subtitle.
Despite the fatal injuries caused when one opens its doors there is a certain aspirational value associated with it.
I guess the new Safari will completely replace the current one, unlike the Indica/go. So I don't expect it to have any subtitles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Trapezio don't worry I did get the sarcasm first time itself so all is not lost.

Getting back to the Safari 2010 / Next gen safari there is a bit of confusion on which one the snaps are of. The Auto expo showed a version with the spare wheel behind the door, while the ones in the thread starter thread either has simply not mounted the spare wheel or has it below the rear, also the thread start post cladding, side step, front light glasses are different, but it still seems to be quite close to the current safari in most other aspects, so unless we have a confirmation from an inside snoop or sid / tusky that there is indeed a completely new safari, that needs to be taken with a pintch of salt.

It just not seem logical for them to have a current variant change in Apr due to BSIV norms and then to have a totally new vehicle out towards the second half of the year.
IIRC, amit_mechengg, a fellow member and Tata insider, has confirmed about the development of the New Safari.

Last edited by safari_lover : 22nd January 2010 at 11:45.
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:43   #57
Senior - BHPian

ACM confrimed sources tell me it is just a facelift i.e headlights, bumpers, grill and some tweaking of body panels in front. The side cladding will have aggressive streaks/lines and somewhat new, the rear tire mounting point may be relocated, and some tweaking to existing 2.2 vvti confirmed by other members. Was also informed that some more changes to dash other than what was shown at auto expo. I reckon with the smilling face being the theme at Tata in recent years the safari too may get a face on similar lines although the tester mules seems to suggest a LR/RR square look which maybe of thermacol/camouflage to hide the actual look!

Last edited by canonball : 22nd January 2010 at 11:46.
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:07   #58
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

cannon ball and Safari lover, both your comments are already quite diverse, so the question of what they will launch in the Safari through this year needs some more significant inputs from insiders, or better scoop snaps.
Old 22nd January 2010, 13:19   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I drove the new Tata Nano and its nowhere refined as a Jazz. How disappointing!
Jazz and Nano? Honda does not make any cars as yet to provide safer transport to the family of four on a scooter.

As illogical to compare as apples and orangutans. Only similarity is that both can hang from a tree.

BH.
Old 22nd January 2010, 16:25   #60
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
ACM confrimed sources tell me it is just a facelift i.e headlights, bumpers, grill and some tweaking of body panels in front. The side cladding will have aggressive streaks/lines and somewhat new, the rear tire mounting point may be relocated, and some tweaking to existing 2.2 vvti confirmed by other members. Was also informed that some more changes to dash other than what was shown at auto expo. I reckon with the smilling face being the theme at Tata in recent years the safari too may get a face on similar lines although the tester mules seems to suggest a LR/RR square look which maybe of thermacol/camouflage to hide the actual look!
Quote:
cannon ball and Safari lover, both your comments are already quite diverse, so the question of what they will launch in the Safari through this year needs some more significant inputs from insiders, or better scoop snaps.
There is way too much confusion here with two simultaneous TATA SAFARI launches in near future so here is the real deal.

In year 2010 (current year), Tata Motors is bringing out a facelift to current model with some changes in exterior and interiors and compliance to BS IV Norms. This is the vehicle which everyone saw at the Auto Expo in Delhi. The total list of improvements in this vehicle has been posted by me in this thread :

Tata Safari 2010

At the same time, Tata Motors has also developed, or is in process of developing, an All New Tata Safari due to be launched earliest by next march. This vehicle will be a completely new vehicle and would complete the transition of Tata Models (Indica -> Indica Vista, Sumo -> Sumo Grande, Indigo -> Indigo Manza). The spy-shots posted in this thread and all discussions in this thread are related to this all new vehicle.

Now to the big question. Why is Tata Motors launching a facelift when an all new vehicle is impending anyways ? The reasons are manifold. Primary reason being BS IV compliance. Tata Motors had to launch a vehicle by April with retuned vehicle which would have anyways costed Tata Motors so a regular facelift makes complete sense.

Secondly, Tata has just launched Aria and is coming to market around April and Sumo Grande MKII has also been launched recently. The sales of these vehicles are topmost priority for Tata Motors and a third launch would certainly dilute the effect and would self-devastating. Hence, The All New Safari would only be launched once Aria is in production with controlled Demand-Supply equation.

I hope that now much of air is cleared over this confusion. On a side note, Tata detractors will continue to grow and it is now becoming a problem bigger than so called Fit and Finish problems and these people are not just limited to owners with actual problems. I couldn't actually believe when someone on our very own forums discarded Manza as Junk because it was Tata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks