Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 13:41   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
4. Front facing 3-row seating.
Are we sure about this ? If so, it would be awesome !

Prem.
Old 9th September 2010, 00:04   #272

SCOOP Pics: Next Generation Tata Safari(Pg 8 for new pics)

Hi!
I am planning to buy a Safari VX in 2010 December.
Somehow the local dealer was not very sure that whether they (Tata) will be launching a new model in 2011. but what really confused me, he said the next logical upgrade on Safari will be dash integrated Music system, information display screen etc (he gave me whole lot of points)
He said since Tata's have already tested these things in Manza, so they may come up with these upgrades in 2011 Safari model.

I am in a fix, i want to buy Safari only, and dont want to have regret after few months, that had i waited a little longer, i would have got a better model (if they do come up with a new model).
Since, you guys are expert here, have you heard any such rumor of the 2011 model?
I know they will be Launching Aria in 2011. but i would like to know if they plan a new model also, by which month in 2011 it should be out?

Plzzzz help me!
Old 9th September 2010, 00:13   #273
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixz16 View Post
Hi!
I am planning to buy a Safari VX in 2010 December.
Somehow the local dealer was not very sure that whether they (Tata) will be launching a new model in 2011. but what really confused me, he said the next logical upgrade on Safari will be dash integrated Music system, information display screen etc (he gave me whole lot of points)
He said since Tata's have already tested these things in Manza, so they may come up with these upgrades in 2011 Safari model.

I am in a fix, i want to buy Safari only, and dont want to have regret after few months, that had i waited a little longer, i would have got a better model (if they do come up with a new model).
Since, you guys are expert here, have you heard any such rumor of the 2011 model?
I know they will be Launching Aria in 2011. but i would like to know if they plan a new model also, by which month in 2011 it should be out?

Plzzzz help me!

Dont be too confused, we ourselves here are too

Well, it does not look like an immediate launch in the next 2 yrs, so go ahead and live your dreams.
Old 12th September 2010, 16:18   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Dont be too confused, we ourselves here are too

Well, it does not look like an immediate launch in the next 2 yrs, so go ahead and live your dreams.
thanx pawan, i am trying other sources also to find out about it, lets see what they come up with, but i will be hugely disseminated if thy come up with a new model after i purchase one!
Old 12th September 2010, 16:55   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

@vixz16 : even if the new model was launched now, it would be better to wait six months to see the stability of the model before purchasing it.

Also, the next Launch (release to market) is Aria. From what I have heard, Tata is currently focussing on resolving one specific problem of this up-market model. So one more reasong for more time to the launch of the new Safari.

Looking at these, you may want to go ahead & get yourself the 2.2 now. If you do it, then dont think again about any other model .. best to then focus on what's in hand.
Old 13th September 2010, 06:35   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Also, the next Launch (release to market) is Aria.
Looking at these, you may want to go ahead & get yourself the 2.2 now. If you do it, then dont think again about any other model .. best to then focus on what's in hand.
It is Aria then Venture. In between normal yearly upgrades and special editions. I heard the new Safari will be based on the Aria platform. Can we expect the new Safari to be showcased in 2012 AutoExpo, or is it too early to speculate?..Also considering the trend Tata and other Manufacturers in India follow, there is a good chance that the current Safari will be sold along with the new version whenever it is launched (2012/2013?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
even if the new model was launched now, it would be better to wait six months to see the stability of the model before purrchasing it.
But then it will be cool to be the first one in town to drive the new model. Some people are willing to pay a premium for this, we have seen this with the Tata Nano. Depending on your priorities, you could choose.
Old 15th September 2010, 12:46   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixz16 View Post
thanx pawan, i am trying other sources also to find out about it, lets see what they come up with, but i will be hugely disseminated if thy come up with a new model after i purchase one!

Hi, i was under the same dilema for almost a year before i finally boght my Black 2.2 last month. I had been tracking the updates on the Next Generation Safari everywhere. After getting updates from Team BHP and some sources in Tata Motors i realised that there is no where that the NG Safari can be launched before end of 2011 or early 2012. Infact there was a strong speculatin that the NG Safari will be showcased at the Auto Expo 2010, but that didnt happen. As someone rightly pointed in the above mentioned reply that i is better to have someting which you can see than wait for something speculative. I am quite happy with my buy even though i have 7 Safari,s in my (Joint) family and it was always better to wait for something new, but the point is till when do you wait. Also i would suggest you to wait for atleast 6 - 8 months after the NG Safari is launched to see how it performs in the market. Even though the current shape is 12 years old, but it still does stand out amongst the lot and is definetely a head turner. I sometimes wonder, did the team which designed the Safari in the mid 90's ever think that the car they are designing will look upmarket and remain in the race even after 12 -15 years of it existance.

Hope to see you join the Safari gang soon !!!
Old 15th September 2010, 14:24   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

In my view, they Tata wouldn't want to steal the Thunder away from the Aria Launch so really the only new SUV/MUV from Tata in the next 6 months will be Arai. They will launch the revised Safari only after the Aria launch.
Old 26th September 2010, 15:33   #279
BHPian

I got a confirmed news today from a reliable source that the new safari will be launched in March 2011 with .. hold on.... the 1.9MJD couldnt get any info on the specs though.

Many of us wanted the 1.9 MJD in TATA cars , once they get this engine comes in the Safari, It will definitely come in other TATA cars like the Aria or other FIAT cars which would be launched later.This just opens up so many options.

Last edited by MihirC : 26th September 2010 at 15:41.
Old 27th September 2010, 21:12   #280
BHPian

^^ Wow - This would be awesome and its 2 NEW cars almost in succession - Aria & All New Safari (a real all new one this time).
It definitely feels good about this launch in March 2011 though it bites a bit when I bought this [2010] Feb the existing one

Good luck and best wishes to the All new Safari !

Prem.
Old 27th September 2010, 21:52   #281
BHPian

The stage is being prepared by tata for the up and coming launch of the New tata safari. The first clue was the price reduction with the current safari range now starting at 7.5 L ex showroom (plus dealer discounts).

So i guess this means the current safari will continue to sell even after the New safari is launched. The question in my mind now is will the New safari be priced below or above the up coming Aria? I have a sneaking suspicion it will be above the aria and will be placed there to compete with Mahindras new premium SUV.

So the Mid 2011 tata line up (ex-showroom Delhi):

1) New Safari (13-16 Lakhs)
2) Aria(12-14 L)
3) Xenon (8-9.5 L)
4) Old Safari (7.5-9.5 L)
5) Sumo Grande (6-7.5L)
5) Sumo Victa (5-6 L)

Last edited by amrisharm : 27th September 2010 at 21:53.
Old 27th September 2010, 22:05   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@mihir: Could your ask your *confirmed* source these two questions?

1) Since Tata spend millions developing an excellent engine like the 2.2 VVTI why would they want to pay Royalties to Fiat for the 1.9 MJD?

2) Since Aria, their flagship product comes with the 2.2 VVTI, why would a less expensive product come with a Fiat engine?
Old 27th September 2010, 22:24   #283
AWD
BHPian

Plonking the Fiat 1.9L(if true) would be a great move & may finally rid the new Safari of the numerous niggles its ancestors faced.
At the moment Tata does not have any other car in which it could plonk the 1.9L unit. Manza is there but without the handling finesse, the engine would be a waste.
Also, Aria would be most certainly priced above Safari so the lesser/low bhp 1.9L engine going to Safari makes sense.

Its a win-win situation to snatch that Fiat engine, in no time every other car maker would want that!
Old 27th September 2010, 22:35   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@mihir: Could your ask your *confirmed* source these two questions?

1) Since Tata spend millions developing an excellent engine like the 2.2 VVTI why would they want to pay Royalties to Fiat for the 1.9 MJD?

2) Since Aria, their flagship product comes with the 2.2 VVTI, why would a less expensive product come with a Fiat engine?
Hi 4X4,

to answer your queries

1) TATA and FIAT share technologies and as far as I am aware TATA does not have to pay any royalty to FIAT for engines, I could be wrong though.

2)If you ask me , its pretty simple right, the flagship model gets the excellent 2.2 ltr engine while the model below the flagship model gets the lesser capacity 1.9ltr model.
Old 27th September 2010, 22:45   #285
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th September 2010 at 17:08.
the VTEC guy is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks