Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:46   #316
BANNED

From what is shown by Motoroids in the below link.

I am certainly not liking the Sumo Grande treatment to the Safari.

Its looking Yuck if this is the actual new Safari, in this case, the older Safari's will surely sell much better than the new one.

Exclusive Scoop! 2012 Tata Safari caught without camouflage!
Old 23rd October 2010, 20:56   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
i saw some really cool cars (read hatchbacks and suvs)being parked for reverse engineering there at the plant.i just couldnt bilieve it. i hope someone from tata doesnt read this and shoot me.
Terribly here too, but couldn't resist.
Please, which all were the hatches and SUVs there.Domestic models or international ones?
Could deduce the future models of Tata if we could find which are the benchmarks.
Old 24th October 2010, 01:03   #318
Senior - BHPian

Source: Tata Motors to take Safari on global ride - The Economic Times

Quote:
The new Safari will have features such as traction control with vehicle stability system equipped with multi-airbag in a new aerodynamic body. Automobile component industry officials however say the vehicle may still lack a monocoque chassis which is a standard norm for any modern SUV
Old 24th October 2010, 14:59   #319
Senior - BHPian

Things like traction control will be quite an advance for Safari in its segment and at the price, if it is really true. However, we may see an price uprising again in the segment.
Old 24th October 2010, 20:17   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Terribly here too, but couldn't resist.
Please, which all were the hatches and SUVs there.Domestic models or international ones?
Could deduce the future models of Tata if we could find which are the benchmarks.
hmm dicky i am sorry i wont be able to say too much. but yes i can tell you they were international vehicles!
Old 24th October 2010, 20:25   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Things like traction control will be quite an advance for Safari in its segment and at the price, if it is really true. However, we may see an price uprising again in the segment.
There was a news on the notes section while Zigwheels review of the Tata Aria that Tata is going to announce new price positioning for tata safari soon...
Old 24th October 2010, 22:17   #322
BHPian

Quote:
We will not phase out the current model and it would continue to complement the new vehicle very much like the Sumo does for its next generation Sumo Grande,”
This is what i feared. So, it seems that the current Safari won't see any refresh after all. Not in near future, anyways.
Old 25th October 2010, 18:13   #323
BHPian

News Confirmed

Hi Guys

Check out this news piece which talks about the Safari being modded for overseas markets with ABS and Airbags.

Only doubt which is still not clear is whether they've actually fitted the Safari on the hydroformed X2 or not(article is not clear on that count)

Tata Motors | Tata Safari | Indigo Manza | Indica Vista - Oneindia Living
Old 26th October 2010, 10:53   #324
Senior - BHPian

[url]http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/auto/automobiles/Tata-Motors-to-take-Safari-on-global-ride/articleshow/6796698.cms[/quote]
Quote:
The sports utility vehicle (SUV), expected to be launched early next year, will comply with EuroNCAP safety crash norms. EuroNCAP is a voluntary vehicle safety rating system widely accepted in the European Union .

The new Safari will have features such as traction control with vehicle stability system equipped with multi-airbag in a new aerodynamic body.
The new Safari will borrow a host of technologies from Land Rover SUV. “We are looking at all possible synergies within the group for the new Safari. We will not phase out the current model and it would continue to complement the new vehicle very much like the Sumo does for its next generation Sumo Grande,” Mr Saksena added.
Old 28th October 2010, 02:24   #325
BHPian

Just came across the Safari pictures in carwale. Though they are photoshopped, I like the effort. With some work in the rear this could do well. I do feel that it looks more like FJ Cruiser than Land Rover

Old 28th October 2010, 10:01   #326
Senior - BHPian

Damn! it looks ugly! whats with those boxy square headlights & taillights?

is tata making a proper family SUV or a hardcore 4x4 to compete with the Trax Gurkha?

Tata- if this is the new safari, please retain the current one.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:08   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Just came across the Safari pictures in carwale. Though they are photoshopped, I like the effort. With some work in the rear this could do well. I do feel that it looks more like FJ Cruiser than Land Rover

Its an amateurish effort by just sticking the T logo in the front and rear of a land rover discovery 4.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:14   #328
Senior - BHPian

Extremely poor photoshop job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Damn! it looks ugly! whats with those boxy square headlights & taillights?
ROTFL - the LR Discovery looks ugly to you ?
Old 28th October 2010, 10:19   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks more Land Roverish and Ford F-series look alike.Though good would like to have some indigenous design.
But going by the Motoroid scoop, it's more likely to look like a widened Sumo Grande. Or maybe like the Lexus LX. The present one looks like the LC100, and the next gen(going strictly by the motoroid pic) looks a lot like a mixture of the LX and it's Lexus twin.
Old 28th October 2010, 10:19   #330
BHPian

Moving the spare wheel beneath the belly.. Would it result in reduced GC and cramped interiors?

Most Viewed