Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 17:59   #121
BHPian

For me the standout figure in this chart is the 3,211 units that the VW polo sold. Both the Polo and the Vento are extremely well target-ed in their crowded segments. I see a very bright future for VW in India going forward. I would go as far as predicting that both VW and Nissan will enjoy that kind of fan-following that Honda and Toyota have in India. Both perceived as premium yet dependable brands which ensures that they are they make the most popular cars in the 10L+ bracket.
Old 15th September 2010, 22:37   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
GM India's parent is now SAIC (China).
SAIC is the the foster parent.....
Quote:
To Maruti's credit, they have been working hard too.
- They got an excellent diesel engine under the hood
Who gets the credit for this? Maruti or Fiat?
Old 16th September 2010, 00:21   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
SAIC is the the foster parent.....

Critics claim that the DDIS is much better tuned than the MJD. Even the 90 bhp Punto has dissapointed a lot of enthusiasts.
Old 16th September 2010, 01:30   #124
Senior - BHPian

A correction GM india's "Parent" is not SAIC.SAIC paid GM for a 50% stake so they are equal partners.
Old 16th September 2010, 10:05   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
A correction GM india's "Parent" is not SAIC.SAIC paid GM for a 50% stake so they are equal partners.
Yes, For now. i am sure it will become 100% SAIC somepoint, 50% GM share is in the form of Plant etc,, basically GM did not spend any more money on this venture.
Old 16th September 2010, 10:35   #126
PCS
BHPian

Checked with Ravindu Toyota.

As per him Corolla Altis Diesel has still got pending orders of more than 2500 all over india.

They are facing major supply constraints for Innova Fortuner & Corolla. That is why corolla (P+D) sales only 1000+ units. and 1st plant has no more additional capacity to manufacture.
Old 16th September 2010, 14:22   #127

Alto K10 Sales

There is a article in BSMotoring about Alto K-10 sales. Not sure if this is a confirmed news article. For readers, attaching the link below.

Alto K10 launch sales highest ever
Old 16th September 2010, 16:25   #128
BHPian

Excellent writeup GTO, I was looking for recent data on car sales with a PoV and this one has it all! ....
Old 16th September 2010, 21:03   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cognito.matrix
There is a article in BSMotoring about Alto K-10 sales. Not sure if this is a confirmed news article. For readers, attaching the link below.Alto K10 launch sales highest ever
The link says faster ever sales of 20K units in 40 days. But where are these cars ? I dont see those many on the roads.
Old 19th September 2010, 14:18   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
The link says faster ever sales of 20K units in 40 days. But where are these cars ? I dont see those many on the roads.
I've started to see a lot of Alto K10's on the road on my daily drives over the last week. So soon the visual sightings will keep up with sales
Old 19th September 2010, 18:05   #131
Senior - BHPian

1182 Micras and only 1 Micra owner on T-Bhp??

Quote:
A2 Hatchback Segment:

- Nissan sold 1,182 cheeky new Micras in August. This is in line with my predictions of about a 1,000. The car is an excellent city hatch, while Nissan has managed the pricing & equipment well too.
Nice, informative article GTO. But 1,182 Micra's on the road and only 1 Bhp'ian who owns it?

Actually I am surprised that no one on T-bhp has booked the Micra apart from me. It's a very practical car guys, please give it a try if you go buying a new car!
Old 20th September 2010, 10:43   #132
aby
BHPian

Are there any early indicators of Vento numbers? It would be interesting to see how this car performs.

I think a lot of launches in near future (Next gen Fiesta, Etios Sedan etc) will base their pricing on the success/failure of Vento. Though going by the initial hype and the success of its smaller sibling VW has a winner in its hands.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:35   #133
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryManUnited View Post
I see a very bright future for VW in India going forward. I would go as far as predicting that both VW and Nissan will enjoy that kind of fan-following that Honda and Toyota have in India.
I think we're jumping the gun. VW has to prove itself in terms of long-term reliability & durability, before the masses would have blind faith in the brand (as they do with Honda & Toyota). VW's reliability record (especially in the States) is very poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Fiat = Full credit for making the engine (design & engineering). Maruti = Full credit for making it India's national engine (sales & marketing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I dont see those many on the roads.
C'mon Supreme, lets not go down that alley (personal sightings); it's hardly representative of a car's success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
But 1,182 Micra's on the road and only 1 Bhp'ian who owns it?
61,000 members in a population of 1.2 Billion. 1 Micra BHPian of 1,182 total owners. I say we beat the national average
Old 24th September 2010, 17:35   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
C'mon Supreme, lets not go down that alley (personal sightings); it's hardly representative of a car's success.
@GTO, I was not doubting the K10's success - am sure the car would form a significant portion of the Alto sales. Just that the statement from MSIL about 20K units of K10 being sold in 40 days seemed a little off.

These are the 2 K10s in our office complex - bought immediately after the launch.
August 2010 - Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-dsc02569.jpg
One of them belongs to a guy in our office and he had finalised on the i10, but switched when K10 was launched. As per him, the car is good to drive and FE too - he says he gets close to 20kmpl, which if a result of correct measurement, is amazing FE for a petrol-compact in the city.
Old 1st October 2010, 10:35   #135
BHPian

September 2010 Sales of MSIL

MSIL has just relased the sales figure of September 2010.

The presse release in this regard is attched.

Total Sales including Export is 1,08,006 units, which is higest ever. Total number of Exports are 12,858 units.

Hope to get the detailed analysis of Septmeber sales from GTO in coming week.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Maruti_Suzuki_India_Sep_sales.pdf (28.5 KB, 516 views)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks