Team-BHP - India gung ho about hydrogen vehicles.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   India gung ho about hydrogen vehicles. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8882-india-gung-ho-about-hydrogen-vehicles.html)

Apparently, the government plans to put 1 million hydrogen powered vehicles on the road by 2020. Read the article here

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer petrol/diesel. I dont even like hybrids (I am going to be flamed for this). Will drive a Charger R/T any day over a Prius.

its very good news, from environmental point of view it is very much compulsory to reduce esp. diesel vehicles. in all the major cities pollution is too high due to large no. of vehicles.

our government is used to make tall claims.

it's their birthright.

my estimate would be more like 1 thousand vehicles on road by 2021.

Vish you are wrong. We are going to see totally new kind of automobiles surfing our road in next 15-25 years. I am not sure weather it will be hydrogen powered vehicles but they may not run on gasoline engines. At present we are running in Peak Oil age which means the demand and supply is now equal. From now on demand for Crude oil will rise but supply is going to be shorten. This will create huge gap between demand and supply and as a result you will see petrol prices go up every day.

As centuries go by our technology advances and now we are in 21st century but still using 20th century technology. Change is due and it has to come for sure. Mother earth can not sustain so much pollution load and you are seeing the results (bad weather, huge storms, extreme colds and extreme hots).

So the people, with no change attitude should try to understand and change along with technology and time.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max
Vish you are wrong. We are going to see totally new kind of automobiles surfing our road in next 15-25 years. I am not sure weather it will be hydrogen powered vehicles but they may not run on gasoline engines. At present we are running in Peak Oil age which means the demand and supply is now equal. From now on demand for Crude oil will rise but supply is going to be shorten. This will create huge gap between demand and supply and as a result you will see petrol prices go up every day.

As centuries go by our technology advances and now we are in 21st century but still using 20th century technology. Change is due and it has to come for sure. Mother earth can not sustain so much pollution load and you are seeing the results (bad weather, huge storms, extreme colds and extreme hots).

You're so right. The equations are all wrong..... rising demand and oil supplies not coping up. Alternative fuels and technologies are in full swing. Once hydrogen power technology gains momentum the economies of scale and competition will bring down the cost of technology and the Arabs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we had the first microchip the technology was prohibitive, now we can't live without the PC or a laptop... that's what economies of scale and competition can do to products and servives.....i

In India, change does occur slowly. The rate of change is speeding up.

-- Ramky

duh, finally team-bhp.com is live. I am really getting addicted here and I can't live without browsing team-bhp.com atleast 4-5 times in a day. :)

well, back to the topic. just go through this.

This graph shows production in kb/d (thousands)
Quote:

The issue is not one of "running out" so much as it is not having enough to keep our economy running. In this regard, the ramifications of Peak Oil for our civilization are similar to the ramifications of dehydration for the human body. The human body is 70 percent water. The body of a 200 pound man thus holds 140 pounds of water. Because water is so crucial to everything the human body does, the man doesn't need to lose all 140 pounds of water weight before collapsing due to dehydration. A loss of as little as 10-15 pounds of water may be enough to kill him.
Pleaes take out some time and read the article and you will feel its sooooo true. If you are keeping up with global crude oil prices you must have noticed raise in oil prices due to simple shortages. Imagine what will happen if USA attack Iran or some natural disaster struck oil valves which may disturb oil supply for few months !!! Oil prices will go sky high. This September they reached record high $70 per barrel. Now we are running or near to peak oil age and from now on we will see decline in production if demand is not controlled. So alternative technologies has to kick in to satisfy ever increasing demand for energy and new energy has to be clean and non pollutive. Also, who wants 1.5 billion people in country by 2030 ?. Ask our damn government / politicians to enforce some population control program in India so that everyone can enjoy higher standards of living.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramkya1
You're so right. The equations are all wrong..... rising demand and oil supplies not coping up. Alternative fuels and technologies are in full swing. Once hydrogen power technology gains momentum the economies of scale and competition will bring down the cost of technology and the Arabs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we had the first microchip the technology was prohibitive, now we can't live without the PC or a laptop... that's what economies of scale and competition can do to products and servives.....i

In India, change does occur slowly. The rate of change is speeding up.

-- Ramky

i really wish both you guys are right in the time to come.

though , im quite skeptical about this issue