Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2005, 02:30   #16
BHPian

i would totally agree with turbolover

i definitely would opt for delhi out of the all options.

also , noida's road at present are like heaven , hope they stay that way.
Old 28th November 2005, 08:02   #17
BHPian

should have put up a poll
Old 2nd December 2005, 02:41   #18
BHPian

[quote=sbasak]
Usually roads in Kerala good.

I have to disagree.
City roads, for eg:- Trivandrum are absolutely horrible.
Narrow roads, lots of potholes, lots of vehicles, unruly drivers, lots of roadwork going on all the time. Not very pleasant to drive within the city

But the NH47 is good. Good drive, esp the allepey-cochin stretch.
Old 2nd December 2005, 11:07   #19
BHPian

i think Delhi has the best roads, followed by chandigarh, who put blore in the list?, man blore must be having the worst roads in the country.hey coimbatore roads are good too, Cochin roads are very narrow when comparerd to other major cities.
Old 2nd December 2005, 11:36   #20
BHPian

In Mumbai (Town side after worli) the roads are pretty good and wide and in one way it does beats delhi too. Remember when the heavy rains hit Mumbai the water logs were only found after bandra so its only suburbs in mumbai which is really pathetic while the town side in Mumbai the infrastructure and roads are very nice I'v been to Delhi/Banglore and the roads are good but trust me delhi roads are beaten by the Mumbai townside roads
Old 2nd December 2005, 12:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

I agree with IndianDawg, i am really amzed when people say Mumbai has bad roads, the town side always had amazing roads & they still have. Suburbs is a different story though.
Old 3rd December 2005, 16:16   #22
BHPian

Chennai for me.....and please dont ever insult this thread by mentioning the name Bangalore
Old 3rd December 2005, 19:59   #23
Team-BHP Support

deep

excluding certain tiny parts of mumbai, the rest of the city has a horribly planned road infrastructure.
i think among all the cities mentioned, delhi would have the better infrastructure just because it has the ability to expand horizontally, whereas eg. say mumbai (because it's an island, ofcourse), pune, nashik, etc have to expand vertically due to space constraints
Old 3rd December 2005, 21:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

Chennai's roads have been ripped apart because of the floods.
Old 3rd December 2005, 21:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

[quote=sidharth_j]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak
Usually roads in Kerala good.

I have to disagree.
City roads, for eg:- Trivandrum are absolutely horrible.
Narrow roads, lots of potholes, lots of vehicles, unruly drivers, lots of roadwork going on all the time. Not very pleasant to drive within the city

But the NH47 is good. Good drive, esp the allepey-cochin stretch.
What about the new underpass (?) at Palayam? Its a funny engg design.

I guess TN roads should be good too. I used to ride from Rajapalayam via Thenkasi to Varkala and that route was good.
Old 4th December 2005, 10:56   #26
BHPian

well, Hyderabad sure is having some of the best roads nowadays, with the heavy road widening work being carried out here! all the main roads, except a few, have been taken up for road widening, 80ft roads are becoming 120ft roads, and likewise.
Old 4th December 2005, 22:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hebbal interchange at Bangalore

The Mumbai Pune expressway

Khandala ghats

betweenLonavalaandKhandala
Old 4th December 2005, 23:18   #28
BHPian

well the infrastructure is no good if it can't handle the growing number of vechiles.... The roads have to get wider to avoid traffic jams....bangaloreans know what I'm talking about ..
Old 5th December 2005, 02:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianDawg
In Mumbai (Town side after worli) the roads are pretty good and wide and in one way it does beats delhi too. Remember when the heavy rains hit Mumbai the water logs were only found after bandra so its only suburbs in mumbai which is really pathetic while the town side in Mumbai the infrastructure and roads are very nice I'v been to Delhi/Banglore and the roads are good but trust me delhi roads are beaten by the Mumbai townside roads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
I agree with IndianDawg, i am really amzed when people say Mumbai has bad roads, the town side always had amazing roads & they still have. Suburbs is a different story though.
have to disagree with both of the above posts. The Eastern Express Highway is a dream drive (dream drive is relative of course, it is compared to rest of mumbai) from Mulund at least uptil Ghatkopar and then on damn decent till Priyadarshini. It gets screwed up only when it enters the "town area". For me, its the best road to cruise in mumbai.

of course, depends on what definition of a good road is. in my book, it needs to be pothole free as well as free flow where you can keep in fifth gear for a reasonable amount of time, i.e. cruise in a relaxed manner.

town roads might be good with respect to potholes etc. but theres just too much traffic to enjoy driving.

and then the Mumbai-Pune expressway pictured above too is quite allright. I mean the surfacing might not still be world class, but its a damn good start.

and as mentioned above, plenty of TN roads are damn good.

Last edited by hell_rider : 5th December 2005 at 02:17.
Old 5th December 2005, 03:03   #30
BHPian

[quote]depends on what definition of a good road is. in my book, it needs to be pothole free as well as free flow where you can keep in fifth gear for a reasonable amount of time, i.e. cruise in a relaxed manner.
[quote]

If you consider the above things , then nothing comes even close to the roads in Goa .IMHO, they are the best in India and i dont think Goans even Know the meaning of Pothole roads but at the same time,the roads in the Interiors(outside Panjim) are not as wide as they should be but without a doubt they are pothole free .
I think Goa is having the best roads... with New Delhi being the 2nd Best !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks