Team-BHP - City With Best Road Infrastructure !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   City With Best Road Infrastructure ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/8888-city-best-road-infrastructure.html)

Mumbai
Bangalore
Chennai
Delhi
Cochin
Hyderabad
Other

What's Bangalore doing in this list... rl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
What's Bangalore doing in this list... rl:

I think he meant rally infrastrucutre

It has to be Delhi. But its still pathetic, even though its better than Bombay, Bangalore. Cant comment on others though, 'cause i have only travelled to Delhi,Bombay and Bangalore.

Talking about Banagalore, i used to temporary stay in an Apartment which was in Kormangala (near Wipro office). And that road was PATHETIC. Infact, the widest road i seen in Bangy was MG Road, and it was still narrower than Delhi's standards..

P.S. I used to see lots of Reva cars in Kormangala Road.. any Bangalorian from that area?..

Jullundhar has nice wide roads as does Patiala. They were in good condition last year when I visited.

But every other minor road I went on was awful.

How come they left Chandigarh out of the list ???

Actually its just the Main roads and the GT road in jalandhar, though patiala has good roads.
In north india NOida takes the cake. You have a six lane expressway, lots of 4-6 lane roads in interior sectors which are empty except in rush hours! Its a urban paradise as far as roads are concerned, with the only grouse being mad bus drivers, but then these species exist everywhere in India

oopps i forgeot my favorite...would be...hmmm cochin....hahaha

i have been all places except mumbai. delhi has the widest road. but if we take into account vehicle density, then i am not sure.

Delhi definitely has the best road network in India

i'd say Delhi has the best infrastructure so far.. imagine how the traffic would hve looked liked without those flyovers ,wide roads ,sudden small right turns which have now been blocked to enable orderly flow of traffic ...hell we still have 40 more flyovers to go!!! our expressway is probably the best in india ..statee of the art toll bridge ...how well maintained it still is no hang ups ..
the infrastructure design is bang on too bad we have more cars per person or else delhi roads would have been a dream to drive on ...it still is during after hours ....

It has to be noida.....amazingly smooth, wide with dividers, minimum amount of traffic at most times.....Delhi roads comes close but traffic kills the fun of driving there..

Calcutta is the worst for sure (only 6% of city's area is road) :)

Usually roads in Kerala good.
AP, KA, MH good - MP, UP, BR poor.

Among the metro cities Delhi is probably the best - very wide roads.

Chandigarh is nice as well.
Bangalore, Bombay & Chennai are getting clogged with too much traffic.

Some smaller cities like Vizag, Jamshedpur, pondicherry etc. are also quite nice.

Heard that Pune is good also (not visited though)

Why not have a poll on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak
Heard that Pune is good also (not visited though)

Nope you are wrong.

I find Chandigarh roads are the best followed by Delhi. The whole of Kerala resides on the banks of the NH-17 but still the road condition was good when I last visited it.
Haven't visited Bangalore recently but heard a lot of those rally circuits, Pune roads are somewhat best described as Bangalore roads. Bombay does have its share of good roads too.

Chandigarh roads have started cracking up, esp the madhya marg which caters to heavy traffic. Though many of the roads are okay the ones which see heavy rush hour traffic are getting potholes.